RI International Employee Reviews

With more willingness to raise pay and add evening shift for the front desk. would be a great place to work.
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 25, 2018
The type of company that RI is, is great for the community it serves. At the time of my employment with the company, the pay was not that great and due to the company being a non profit, there were no raised being given. The turn over rate was high due to the amount of pay verses work load.
It was a fantastic place to work
Peer Support Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2018
I would arrive at 7 and get off at 430. I took vitals twice a day and monitored and engaged patients as they dealt with various crises. We dealt with a varied population. I learned how to engage someone in crisis and help them find resolution to issues they were facing. Management was very supportive and understanding. The workplace culture was very accepting. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help everybody, but the most enjoyable part was being able to help most people.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
High stress
The review is given below.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 7, 2018
The Administrator encouraged gossip in the work place. She played favorites with some employees, and would put down other employees for no justifiable reason at all.
Pros
My boss was an exceptional person, very kind and caring.
Cons
Shortage of work space.
fun place too work thde clients were wonderful.
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work,working with both the clients and the staff was delightful. Helping people out is very rewarding and that is the kind of work that this job;s strength;s are.
Pros
great staff and great clients.
Cons
pay and benefits
peer support coach (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 3, 2018
The administration is handled (not managed) by four ghetto African American females. All of whom are friends. They are a click of their own. If you are not accepted into their click, forget about promotions, employee of the month or any type of consideration what so ever. If they don't like you, they create a hostile work environment just because they can. Administration talks to staff in a demeaning manner and watch out if you stand up for yourself. You may as well start sending out the resume because they will nit pick, write you up and build a case against you to get rid of you. Unless you are down on your luck and desperate for a job, then go for it. Otherwise steer clear.
Benefits
Cons
Administration is cut throat
RI International
Citizen Contributor (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CA 94509September 19, 2018
I would go tori International to gain more learned life experience. I would go to RI International three time a week and take classes that would help me gain life knowledge and skills that I could use on a daily basis. I also completed the E3P program that RI International offers, that helped me gain skills on preparing for work and learning things such as work expectancies, building resumes' and performing great interviews.
Pros
Free lunches
Very stessfull work place
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The upper management has more issues than those served. Evert one walks around afraid of who will be gone at next shift. Management looks only at those they want to promote all others are expendable.
Pros
helping others
Cons
unrealist goals. Mgnt
Very learning experience
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 7, 2018
RI. is a good place to work especially to learn skills and to help people. Management is poor and could use some improvement but overall I like working here and the people I work with and have come to know are great!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor management
Sufficient
Crisis Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2018
Company is a great place to serve. Could be more appropriate with managerial selections based upon team dynamics and diverse personalities.
My journey was excellent for maturing in areas of needed growth to deal with management and changes within the company.
Pros
atmosphere of acceptions
Cons
poor management selections based on leadership qualities'
Recovery focused. Great supervisors.
Peer (Current Employee) –  DesertAugust 2, 2018
Overall great company to work for. The supervisors are incredible and they live and breath recovery. Amazing place to build a foundation in being a peer. Pay is not great, but there are opportunities for advancement.
Crisis Stabilization unit
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2018
Things could get real hectic at times here, but love every minute that I work here. I get to interact with new people on a daily basis. Get to guide individuals with my life choices and experiences.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Does not care about its employees only the almighty dollar
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 19, 2018
patients were not care for properly, staff runs the place, no management of structure, bad employee.patient staffing ratios, not a safe place to work, patients are mostly there involuntarily and management keeps cutting staff to minimums to save money, I would not recommend if you want to keep your license.
Pros
pay rate was comparable to others places in same field
Cons
no breaks, under staffed, safety of staff always in jeopardy
Fabricated Report Writing
Regional Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 17, 2018
I had a situation where I had to write a report, and was coaxed into writing the untruth regarding what actually took place. As a former law enforcement officer, I was astounded that I was told that the actual truth didn't matter.
Pros
peers
Cons
upper manangement
RI Wilmington
Recovery Services Administrator / Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 4, 2018
Staff are amazing and work hard; Supervisor was great and supportive; HR was difficult to work with and withheld information.

I enjoyed most of work experience with them and was sad to see it come to an end.

Best part was being able to see participants succeed and move forward.

Most difficult was working with corporate office in Phoenix and HR.
A great place to start.
Shift Supervisor/ Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Fife, WA 98424June 14, 2018
I enjoyed being employed at RI International. It was a great place to increase my clinical knowledge and skills.But the company offered nominal opportunity for upward mobility.
productive
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellendale, DEJune 12, 2018
Great place to work. management is very easy to talk to. Pay rate is on the low side but overall a nice group of people to work with. The benefit is being able to help others in their journey to recovery.
good days
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 12, 2018
ri international is a great job if u can get the hours there its laid back smooth running job i love working there i wish the hours were better but all is good
This place sucks
LPN Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2018
Management sucks no one knows there job. People are in positions that should not be. there is no communication with nursing staff and the NP. there is no communication period. No one follows the same guidelines. Things do not run smoothly it is a go with the flow kind of place.
support for members
Admissions Coordinator- Pool (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 4, 2018
Some of the staff are not very recovery focused. They would not help clients. There is a disconnect from the administration office and the crisis center.
Productive and rewarding
RECOVERY COACH (Former Employee) –  Oakland CaliforniaMay 24, 2018
This was a great and rewarding place to work. It allowed you to engage with the client's and assist them through their life. Such as housing, Case Management. I was honored to lead job skill classes, meditation classes, As well as computer classes.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a