RI International Employee Reviews

Hypocrisy, Discrimination, Nontransparent
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2018
Management do not practice what they preach. They treat peers as second class citizens, especially minorities. They never take proactive measures to ensure that supervisors do not abuse their power in disrespecting their subordinates. Supervisors engage in undermining behavior like belittling employees for their ideas, spreading rumors and putting down workers when they have questions about work procedures. Very toxic environment overall. I am glad I am out of there!
Pros
Good benefits and OK salary
Cons
Hypocrisy, Discrimination, Nontransparent
With more willingness to raise pay and add evening shift for the front desk. would be a great place to work.
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 25, 2018
The type of company that RI is, is great for the community it serves. At the time of my employment with the company, the pay was not that great and due to the company being a non profit, there were no raised being given. The turn over rate was high due to the amount of pay verses work load.
It was a fantastic place to work
Peer Support Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2018
I would arrive at 7 and get off at 430. I took vitals twice a day and monitored and engaged patients as they dealt with various crises. We dealt with a varied population. I learned how to engage someone in crisis and help them find resolution to issues they were facing. Management was very supportive and understanding. The workplace culture was very accepting. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help everybody, but the most enjoyable part was being able to help most people.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
High stress
Deceptive
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 17, 2018
I worked at RI International for approximately 8 months and was terminated for a minor offense without notice. I was called into a meeting under the pretense of supervision only to have the rug pulled out from under my feet. My experience at RI was disturbing as I seemed to bump heads with the RSA who did not understand how to ultilize her staff properly, especially those who were equally talented, and educated.

I thought it very sad that I was released from my position there after I turned down positions with other companies that would pay me more, to finish launching a pilot program that would help the citizens gain self-sufficiency.

I thought I would recieve a raise after sucessfully building their program from scratch with little supervision from my RSA, after pouring in months of painstaking hours establishing vendor and stakeholder contacts, developing employment and barrier resolution curriculum's, and placing hard to place clients into gainful employment, I was deceived and terminated mercilessly. I go away from this expereince with the confirmed belief that AT will organizations are the worst organizations to work for and I would not recommend it. I would now stay far away from it and treat it like the plague, if you have any choice in the matter.

It is sad because the move was not well thought out and as a result there are clients who are suffering. HR and management did not take into account the people they were supposed to be serving, and I guess this is what happens when insecurity starts to win out over common sense and fairness.
Pros
Helping people who need it
Cons
Insecure managers
Poor and petty management with little direction.
RN (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, DEMay 17, 2018
I made the mistake of taking an overnight position at this company due to the high rate of pay. HUGE mistake! The companies training program is non existent, management is petty and provides no clear path to career progression. I put in my 2 weeks notice and they wanted me to work an additional day that was outside my 14 days of notice and since I refused they left a bad reference and said I was not eligible for rehire and would not pay me for my vacation time which I had earned. They are constantly understaffed and rarely have a constable for the overnight shift. The facility itself is rundown and needs several upgrades. The only saving grace this place has to offer is some of my amazing co workers whom kept my sanity many times. This place is poison and I would highly recommend avoiding it like the plague.
Pros
pay
Cons
unsafe work envirornment, poor management, toxic work life envirornment, facility poorly equiped, does not have supplies needed, volatile envirornment
RI International Was Excellent Experience All Around
CEO/Founder (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 20, 2019
I founded and was the CEO of RI International.
The company had many major clients and it always delivered on time, within budget, and of high quality.
Unfortunately, the company is being sold and I am looking for other opportunities.
However, RI International and many other companies gave me an outstanding level of experience in management, technical, and teaching that can be highly valuable for any company.
Pros
Excellent All Around Experience
Cons
RI International is being sold
Do not work here!
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2018
The overall values of the company are great, but management did not always embody them. Management in the peer support department is lacking and they appeared to target minorities and show favoritism to white people. There is no consistency and when things change the RSA talks down to you like you are incompetent, even when she never relayed the changes to you. The energy is draining and toxic and it is not because of the stress from the members. It is a great job if you focus on helping the participants and there is a lot of freedom to leave and go in the community. Most employees leave to mess around and smoke weed and then come back for group. The hospital staff belittles peer support members and are not welcoming at all. Would not consider if you want to be taken seriously as a behavioral health professional.
Pros
Freedom, independence, goal incentives
Cons
Hostile work environment created by management, inconsistent
fun place too work thde clients were wonderful.
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work,working with both the clients and the staff was delightful. Helping people out is very rewarding and that is the kind of work that this job;s strength;s are.
Pros
great staff and great clients.
Cons
pay and benefits
Very stessfull work place
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The upper management has more issues than those served. Evert one walks around afraid of who will be gone at next shift. Management looks only at those they want to promote all others are expendable.
Pros
helping others
Cons
unrealist goals. Mgnt
Cliques
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 20, 2018
Back stabbing, phonies, cold- harded, especial towards clients. Unstabled, managers, and egotistical supervision. Unless you have the stomach to deal with this type of crowd, you don't want to work at this place. Cliques are their method of politics. Either you're in, or You're out!
Bad destructive cultured environment. Not a good place for the soul, unless you are one of the clique members.
Pros
It's in Palm Springs.
Cons
Their initial approach is that of lots of smile, pseudo candor, and great emphasis on the salary and benefit package.
Very learning experience
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 7, 2018
RI. is a good place to work especially to learn skills and to help people. Management is poor and could use some improvement but overall I like working here and the people I work with and have come to know are great!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor management
Sufficient
Crisis Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2018
Company is a great place to serve. Could be more appropriate with managerial selections based upon team dynamics and diverse personalities.
My journey was excellent for maturing in areas of needed growth to deal with management and changes within the company.
Pros
atmosphere of acceptions
Cons
poor management selections based on leadership qualities'
Recovery focused. Great supervisors.
Peer (Current Employee) –  DesertAugust 2, 2018
Overall great company to work for. The supervisors are incredible and they live and breath recovery. Amazing place to build a foundation in being a peer. Pay is not great, but there are opportunities for advancement.
Does not care about its employees only the almighty dollar
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 19, 2018
patients were not care for properly, staff runs the place, no management of structure, bad employee.patient staffing ratios, not a safe place to work, patients are mostly there involuntarily and management keeps cutting staff to minimums to save money, I would not recommend if you want to keep your license.
Pros
pay rate was comparable to others places in same field
Cons
no breaks, under staffed, safety of staff always in jeopardy
Learned very much
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 4, 2019
back in 2010 when I started here it was more grassroots and more of the essence of Peer Support, now I think everything is very clinical. the San Diego office is abandoned and left all alone.
Pros
dg
Cons
gfhg
RI Wilmington
Recovery Services Administrator / Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 4, 2018
Staff are amazing and work hard; Supervisor was great and supportive; HR was difficult to work with and withheld information.

I enjoyed most of work experience with them and was sad to see it come to an end.

Best part was being able to see participants succeed and move forward.

Most difficult was working with corporate office in Phoenix and HR.
Offer compassion, provide a safe environment while establishing a trusting relationship with clients.
Mental Disability and Illness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 7, 2018
Currently I am a Community Living Specialist assist with mentally disabled clients in a home setting where I assist with duties such as light house keeping, personal hygiene with permission from the client if requested. I am dedicated to provide a safe environment while establishing a trusting relationship with clients that have mental disabilities and illnesses.

I am confident that my versatile, professional and empathetic contributions would be a valuable asset to your organization. Diligence, and providing excellence in my endeavors have to earned me the reputation for my technical proficiency and result, driven work ethic; I will continue to provide the same for your organization.
Pros
My personal experience
Cons
not easy to advance unless with a degree.
This place packs Clients in knowing there are no beds for them to sleep in this company is all about the money!!
BHT (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 30, 2019
This company doesn't care about the safety of the people that work for them. 32 bed facility and they would take 36-37 with not enough staff to cover the unit
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unsafe
A lot of growth there in experience and skills.
Peer Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 19, 2018
this place is a huge asset to the community. They treat the people that come there for services very well. their services are invaluable and save and turn around lives.
Rewarding Job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  EllendaleNovember 6, 2018
This is a difficult population that nurses and peer coaches deal with on a daily basis. This job is extremely rewarding when you can touch and individual and provide them with resources and help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RI International. Our community is ready to answer.