RI International Employee Reviews

Very stessfull work place
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The upper management has more issues than those served. Evert one walks around afraid of who will be gone at next shift. Management looks only at those they want to promote all others are expendable.
Pros
helping others
Cons
unrealist goals. Mgnt
Sufficient
Crisis Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2018
Company is a great place to serve. Could be more appropriate with managerial selections based upon team dynamics and diverse personalities.
My journey was excellent for maturing in areas of needed growth to deal with management and changes within the company.
Pros
atmosphere of acceptions
Cons
poor management selections based on leadership qualities'
Crisis Stabilization unit
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2018
Things could get real hectic at times here, but love every minute that I work here. I get to interact with new people on a daily basis. Get to guide individuals with my life choices and experiences.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Does not care about its employees only the almighty dollar
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 19, 2018
patients were not care for properly, staff runs the place, no management of structure, bad employee.patient staffing ratios, not a safe place to work, patients are mostly there involuntarily and management keeps cutting staff to minimums to save money, I would not recommend if you want to keep your license.
Pros
pay rate was comparable to others places in same field
Cons
no breaks, under staffed, safety of staff always in jeopardy
Fabricated Report Writing
Regional Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 17, 2018
I had a situation where I had to write a report, and was coaxed into writing the untruth regarding what actually took place. As a former law enforcement officer, I was astounded that I was told that the actual truth didn't matter.
Pros
peers
Cons
upper manangement
RI Wilmington
Recovery Services Administrator / Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 4, 2018
Staff are amazing and work hard; Supervisor was great and supportive; HR was difficult to work with and withheld information.

I enjoyed most of work experience with them and was sad to see it come to an end.

Best part was being able to see participants succeed and move forward.

Most difficult was working with corporate office in Phoenix and HR.
good days
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 12, 2018
ri international is a great job if u can get the hours there its laid back smooth running job i love working there i wish the hours were better but all is good
This place sucks
LPN Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2018
Management sucks no one knows there job. People are in positions that should not be. there is no communication with nursing staff and the NP. there is no communication period. No one follows the same guidelines. Things do not run smoothly it is a go with the flow kind of place.
support for members
Admissions Coordinator- Pool (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 4, 2018
Some of the staff are not very recovery focused. They would not help clients. There is a disconnect from the administration office and the crisis center.
Productive and rewarding
RECOVERY COACH (Former Employee) –  Oakland CaliforniaMay 24, 2018
This was a great and rewarding place to work. It allowed you to engage with the client's and assist them through their life. Such as housing, Case Management. I was honored to lead job skill classes, meditation classes, As well as computer classes.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
Cliques
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 20, 2018
Back stabbing, phonies, cold- harded, especial towards clients. Unstabled, managers, and egotistical supervision. Unless you have the stomach to deal with this type of crowd, you don't want to work at this place. Cliques are their method of politics. Either you're in, or You're out!
Bad destructive cultured environment. Not a good place for the soul, unless you are one of the clique members.
Pros
It's in Palm Springs.
Cons
Their initial approach is that of lots of smile, pseudo candor, and great emphasis on the salary and benefit package.
Poor and petty management with little direction.
RN (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, DEMay 17, 2018
I made the mistake of taking an overnight position at this company due to the high rate of pay. HUGE mistake! The companies training program is non existent, management is petty and provides no clear path to career progression. I put in my 2 weeks notice and they wanted me to work an additional day that was outside my 14 days of notice and since I refused they left a bad reference and said I was not eligible for rehire and would not pay me for my vacation time which I had earned. They are constantly understaffed and rarely have a constable for the overnight shift. The facility itself is rundown and needs several upgrades. The only saving grace this place has to offer is some of my amazing co workers whom kept my sanity many times. This place is poison and I would highly recommend avoiding it like the plague.
Pros
pay
Cons
unsafe work envirornment, poor management, toxic work life envirornment, facility poorly equiped, does not have supplies needed, volatile envirornment
Deceptive
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 17, 2018
I worked at RI International for approximately 8 months and was terminated for a minor offense without notice. I was called into a meeting under the pretense of supervision only to have the rug pulled out from under my feet. My experience at RI was disturbing as I seemed to bump heads with the RSA who did not understand how to ultilize her staff properly, especially those who were equally talented, and educated.

I thought it very sad that I was released from my position there after I turned down positions with other companies that would pay me more, to finish launching a pilot program that would help the citizens gain self-sufficiency.

I thought I would recieve a raise after sucessfully building their program from scratch with little supervision from my RSA, after pouring in months of painstaking hours establishing vendor and stakeholder contacts, developing employment and barrier resolution curriculum's, and placing hard to place clients into gainful employment, I was deceived and terminated mercilessly. I go away from this expereince with the confirmed belief that AT will organizations are the worst organizations to work for and I would not recommend it. I would now stay far away from it and treat it like the plague, if you have any choice in the matter.

It is sad because the move was not well thought out and as a result there are clients who are suffering. HR and management did not take into account the people they were supposed to be serving, and I guess this is what happens when insecurity starts to win out over common sense and fairness.
Pros
Helping people who need it
Cons
Insecure managers
chaos chaos chaos
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2018
All bark no bite company is great on papaer poor management to implement their vision. Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos No direction. Poor Management ..Confustion
Pros
assisting the clients
Cons
poor management
It is rewarding but difficult work.
peer support specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 14, 2018
Stay away from internal drama and show up with a good attitude. Patients with the clientele is important and to practice resilience. I recommend having a good emotional and physical self care structure to keep yourself from burning out.
Peer support
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 8, 2018
Worked directly with behavioral health clients. Facilitated groups like "Recovery for the Lyrical Soul,” Home is where the heart is," "Wellness Recovery Action Plan,"
Good training. Innovative approaches, Terrible management
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 28, 2018
An opportunity to learn much about the latest innovations in MH treatment. Terrible micro managed supervision. Extreme pressure to perform. Most stressful job I have ever experienced!
Ok company
Recovery Coach (Peer) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2018
The company is great but it all depends on what site you work in there is lack of communication and support from supervisor other staff is great and easy to work with. The pay is low and there is no place to grow.
Pros
Lack of comunnication and support to employees
Cons
Serving guest
okay
Recovery Coach/Peer Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
This company was pretty fair but disorganized. Wanting employees to do above there paid grade.
When fingerprint cards were implemented they fired alot of people and gave them no notice
Pros
organized
Cons
unfriendly
Lion's Den Of Toxicity
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2018
Miserable intellectuals and academic elitists who wouldn't know wellness if it bit them in the rear end "manage" a so-called recovery environment that robs people of their recovery and leaves them feeling burned out and used up. A certain "chosen few" are allowed to miss as many days as they want without any repercussions as others are worked to death having to pick up the slack while being nitpicked over every little detail of their work. Incredibly weak and pompous management team with a serious superiority complex.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Toxic Miserable Management