RI International Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Cliques
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 20, 2018
Back stabbing, phonies, cold- harded, especial towards clients. Unstabled, managers, and egotistical supervision. Unless you have the stomach to deal with this type of crowd, you don't want to work at this place. Cliques are their method of politics. Either you're in, or You're out!
Bad destructive cultured environment. Not a good place for the soul, unless you are one of the clique members.
Pros
It's in Palm Springs.
Cons
Their initial approach is that of lots of smile, pseudo candor, and great emphasis on the salary and benefit package.
Poor and petty management with little direction.
RN (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, DEMay 17, 2018
I made the mistake of taking an overnight position at this company due to the high rate of pay. HUGE mistake! The companies training program is non existent, management is petty and provides no clear path to career progression. I put in my 2 weeks notice and they wanted me to work an additional day that was outside my 14 days of notice and since I refused they left a bad reference and said I was not eligible for rehire and would not pay me for my vacation time which I had earned. They are constantly understaffed and rarely have a constable for the overnight shift. The facility itself is rundown and needs several upgrades. The only saving grace this place has to offer is some of my amazing co workers whom kept my sanity many times. This place is poison and I would highly recommend avoiding it like the plague.
Pros
pay
Cons
unsafe work envirornment, poor management, toxic work life envirornment, facility poorly equiped, does not have supplies needed, volatile envirornment
chaos chaos chaos
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2018
All bark no bite company is great on papaer poor management to implement their vision. Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos No direction. Poor Management ..Confustion
Pros
assisting the clients
Cons
poor management
Ok company
Recovery Coach (Peer) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2018
The company is great but it all depends on what site you work in there is lack of communication and support from supervisor other staff is great and easy to work with. The pay is low and there is no place to grow.
Pros
Lack of comunnication and support to employees
Cons
Serving guest
Lion's Den Of Toxicity
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2018
Miserable intellectuals and academic elitists who wouldn't know wellness if it bit them in the rear end "manage" a so-called recovery environment that robs people of their recovery and leaves them feeling burned out and used up. A certain "chosen few" are allowed to miss as many days as they want without any repercussions as others are worked to death having to pick up the slack while being nitpicked over every little detail of their work. Incredibly weak and pompous management team with a serious superiority complex.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Toxic Miserable Management
Bad vibes
Peer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2018
Though there are many people that are willing and wanting to help others at this agency, the local management ring is toxic and passive-aggressive. No visible chance of advancement.
Pros
some good people
Cons
management
Decent work place
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at work is not knowing what today may bring. I have learned a lot of great skills with this company. The trainings are phenomenal. My personal team lead manager was excellent. The hardest part of the job would be having the unexpected happen and not getting paid the salary deserved to work as a Peer Support Specialist.
Pros
PTO Accrual
Cons
Short Lunch breaks
I think this is and amazing organization
Presenter (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 28, 2018
I think this a great program for people it helps break stigma on mental health it really helped me grow as person and learn to love my self more and learn from my experiences and try to inspire others to do better and not let there mental illness win
Pros
Giving speaches helping others breaking mental health stigma
Cons
Lack of benifits
Good place to instill recovery and hope for guest
BHT (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 21, 2017
Unit restrooms are dirty. Staff is hard to deal with. Very loud and unprofessional. Staff also crude to patients. Management only advances you of they like you. Watch for bullying, harassment, and disrespect. No one smiles. Some nurses are clicked up. No place for advancement. Leads are not trained to be people oriented. They yell out. Most staff have prison mentality.
Pros
Good overtime and holiday pay
Cons
Dirty, racist, favoritism, disrespectful. No training to improve customer service
stay on your toes and you will be fine
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 16, 2017
I did not personally like or appreciate the way RC's are treated by the BHT's. The role of an RC is basically a BHT without the degree and experience. Pretty much everything they did, I did as well but I was paid a few dollars less an hour than they were.
Pros
3 days on and 4 days off, other than 12 hour overnight shifts, the work week is pretty ideal
Cons
Terrible management
Supportive management and good office moral.
Peer Liaison & Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2017
Relaxed working environment. Times of up beat. Employees support and get along well. Management is very supportive and understanding. Support office moral.
We help lots of individuals see hope for their future.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 30, 2017
I would clock in and we had pass down of information about patients from the shift before us.
I advanced my knowledge of how to work with and encourage a large variety of individuals.
Management always had the final decision on everything.
The workplace culture was casual.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and encouraging individuals.
Pros
I loved to work with the people that needed our help.
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks when busy.
Great work place! Awesome company
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  DelawareNovember 14, 2017
This is a great company and job esp if you have a compassion for helping others. The staff is nice and caring, the management is awesome and understanding. They will try to accomadate your needs the best they can, the company is fair and offers great room for advancement.
Recovery coach
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2017
Very fulfilling work but can be very demanding. RI does it's best to accommodate their employees. Office is very small which makes tension between coworkers very high
work politics and intimidating
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 10, 2017
Working for Ri International Inc made me feel insecure and intimidated. There is a lot of politics unfair discipline, a lot of unequal and partiallity
Pros
self monitored lunch breaks
Cons
frequent policy change
ri
Peer Support Specialist training (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAOctober 3, 2017
it was ok to work there the team was really good to work for did not really care for management but was able to switch swifts when needed and and team members were willing to switch
fast paced
BHT/Milieu Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 4, 2017
working at the facility in Peoria is fast paced if your on the crisis unit. they are constantly understaffed for the amount of patients they have which can make the unit unsafe at times but management does not care because they need to make it seem like they need to funding to expand by constantly packing the facility full of people.
Pros
some days off during the week
Cons
over worked, understaffed
It started okay
Recovery Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 28, 2017
My career started okay but then my manager and the HR manager team against me and forced me into resigning. I went to HR to get support because my supervisor was acting bad, yelling insults, not helping with insubordinate staff, showing favoritism towards ones who can not perform their job duties, and they turned it on me. It was ugly. The HR director is great.
Pros
some co-workers, helping the participants
Cons
my supervisor, HR manager, politics
Company did not practice what they preach
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2017
The program I was involved with was not well supported and changed protocals and duties neartly on a monthly basis. I felt set up for failure not success
Pros
40 hour week standard benefits
Cons
poor management and people
life sucking job
RN/ LPN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 13, 2017
worse company ever! over worked and management suck. have to watch out for other employees more than guests. guests are more stable then co-workers.
Cons
worse company ever very high turn around