RIBI Security Employee Reviews

I really needed a job at the time.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 14, 2019
I was interviewed at was happy to take on the job. Passed all the test and had a driver licence and a mean to get to work.
The hours can be texting at times.
But I been doing it for some time.
I like the work and the company we work for works with us.
Poor company
Guard (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 6, 2019
Most positions are minimum wage while company has a high profit margin, I have been told by customers and seen bills from RIBI. Treated like garbage by management. Need to work many, many hours to make ends meet. Company VP treats employees like lower class citizens and is demeaning.
Poor management
Officer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 12, 2019
I will be completely honest great overtime some excellent accounts. Management is very uncoordinated you have a small management group in the office and nobody seems to have a clue. The only clue they have they come in to the office in the morning to figure out what there going to have for breakfast and in the meeting for what there eating for breakfast there now figuring out lunch. Honestly the office needs new people if there going to keep the accounts they have. Ed. Garrity
Pros
Overtime some good accounts
Cons
Poor management
Have the Dept. of Labor check this place out
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 15, 2019
This company on numerous occasions committed acts of negligence against their employees, victiminizing their basic rights as an employee of a company headquartered in Rhode Island. They find it inconvenient for you to have things to do outside of work, like getting a college degree or having a family. There is no backup and if God forbid something happens like a relative dying and you needing to take a few days off they will not have coverage for you and you will be fired for attending your relative's funeral over going to work. You will be placed at a site where you have not received proper training for and there is no way for you to switch sites if it is too far for you or switch times if there is a conflict. Every other employee in this company is miserable and is not willing to help you pick up shifts even if you offer to cover for them next time or even offer to buy them a meal.

The North fought and won a war in the 1860's to abolish slavery and I felt like one by being a RIBI employee.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
They are rude and RACIST
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 7, 2019
They are extremely racist and rude. They just throw people out like they are trash. Extremely unfair and non compassionate for any of their workers. Treated like slaves.
Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 6, 2019
I like it but it was toouch hrs for my self otther than that everything was good to workers was friendly and helpful I like the place to.work and time.but they should hired more gaurds
Pros
Relax and safe.
Cons
Most times the person that realef my self never come
Good training
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 30, 2019
They make sure you have the necessary training to complete the job, I wish there was room for employees to advance to higher positions. They also need to look at credentials and not sex or race of the employee to determine if they can do the job.
Mixed bag, could be great, but descending to horrible.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 25, 2019
I worked for them over 5 years. The sites suck. If you show up, and cover a few shifts they leave you alone. This is a positive. Once in a while there is a new Field Manager that will break balls, that recedes in a few weeks. If you rely on other guards to relieve you, you are screwed. Management will do nothing about it. They can force you to stay 4 hours after your shift ends.
The policies, and procedures are very ambiguous at best.
They charge you for direct deposit, mailed checks, and uniforms. The uniform deposit is returned after you leave. You must stay on top of them with hours worked. For some reason my checks were short everytime I covered a shift. They usually rectify it in a week. You get 40 hours vacation a year if you are full time.
They give you ridiculous hours if you want. They are so short staffed. They don't really train staff well. About 30 percent of staff are unprofessional. This gets very frustrating. Management can't really do much, due to being so short staffed.
Finally I suggest you read RI labor laws before working for them. They try many little games.
Pros
They basically leave you alone if you show up. All the hours you want.
Cons
Very cheap, no recognition for good job. No bonuses. Charge you for everything.
They sucks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 30, 2018
They dont care about the employee the think you are they slave they treat you like one they never let you work in one same place
Pros
Cons
You can find a better job then this
Company is garbage
Guard (Former Employee) –  MassNovember 12, 2018
Worst company you will ever for, you can bust your butt and they dont appreciate it but losers who suck at their job get rewarded and even get promoted at times
its work
Field Manager/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 12, 2018
its work theres good days and bad days
guards are friendly
supervisor is a good guy
pay is decent
hours can come and go
communication is not a strong suit
Do not recommend
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 3, 2018
They'll give you as many hours as you want basically right from the start, however, there's little-to-no training for most sites. Also, it doesn't matter how much you sacrifice yourself/ your time, it's never appreciated. The company doesn't believe in raises and there are no promotions.
I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are desperate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 19, 2018
The management is indifferent to your scheduling needs. If you want a set schedule, look elsewhere. The pay is below standard and is unlivable if you live alone. The other employees for the most part that I have encountered working for this company are unprofessional and not easy to work. I didn't find any part working for this company to be enjoyable only bearable at best. The sites that you could be placed at go from bad to worse. If you have a good work ethic and great attendance management will take advantage of that and schedule you everyday (sometimes doubles) and threaten your job if you complain. You are seen as replaceable and it shows in the actions of management. If you are in desperate need of work then that would be the only reason that you should work for this company. There is no advancement and benefits are sub par.

BEWARE
Pros
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, hostile work environment, sub par benefits
Security Guard
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 21, 2017
Only thing i can really say is you have to watch out for your self. Work hard keep your head down and work. the job might just be good for those who like other people doing your job for you
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Not a team
Poor managment
Security gaurd (Current Employee) –  Rhode islandOctober 13, 2017
Lack of communication between office an personal.
Bad management
Promises made an not kept
Guards are picked and choosed by who likes them an who don't.
Worst company ever!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, RIJune 7, 2017
Worst security ever! No raises, no benefits, no paid time off, this company is so bad! Take it from me don't ever work for this company! Don't waste your time with them.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no raises, no nothing
caring company
Worker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 23, 2017
thoughtful and caring company. wants the best for it's employees. family environment. experienced professionals. hard workers. dedicated in ensuring you succeed.
Pros
job security
benefits
Been here 10 years & wouldn't consider any change in my career!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandApril 28, 2017
I love RIBI. I have been here for over 10 years and have worked numerous sites. I disagree with several comments left on here and find them to be disgruntled former employees who didn't respect the company, culture and ultimately caused their own problems and/or terminations for LAZINESSS. I have received numerous raises over the years moving through different accounts and positions. I now oversee one of their largest accounts. I encourage anyone to apply and come meet the team and see for yourself. You will be suprised how organized, accomidating & helpful upper management, road supervisors and the full team are. Hard work pays off and obviously some of these reviews are people with no work ethic and don't see the big picture and long term rewards. I recieve full health care benefits, 3 weeks vacation, immediate time off for emergencies, dental benefits, access to immediate questions or concerns. Thank you RIBI for everything!
Pros
Several dependning on your position and work you do
Cons
Need 401k matching
Comfortable work enviroment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 15, 2017
The typicality day consisted of routine rounds around the area your securing. Making sure the area was secured and making sure there was nothing obstructing that makes the work area not safe. After your rounds you would have to report anything you notice during your trip. Most of consisted of you managing yourself management comes maybe once a week maybe more to check up on you and making things are going accordingly. This was probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the job being more responsible for yourself and the area than someone is for and the area.
crossroads
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 27, 2016
Worked over nights , made rounds every hours to make sure all childen and adult are OK , wrote down notes if anything was wrong ,