RIBI Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Do not work for RIBI !
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 13, 2019
Lack of communication from the whole company. They are very unorganized & only use you. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS DEAD END JOB. In the beginning they say “we are family” but none of that is true. They treat their employees poorly.
I really needed a job at the time.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 14, 2019
I was interviewed at was happy to take on the job. Passed all the test and had a driver licence and a mean to get to work.
The hours can be texting at times.
But I been doing it for some time.
I like the work and the company we work for works with us.
They sucks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 30, 2018
They dont care about the employee the think you are they slave they treat you like one they never let you work in one same place
Pros
Cons
You can find a better job then this
its work
Field Manager/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 12, 2018
its work theres good days and bad days
guards are friendly
supervisor is a good guy
pay is decent
hours can come and go
communication is not a strong suit
Do not recommend
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 3, 2018
They'll give you as many hours as you want basically right from the start, however, there's little-to-no training for most sites. Also, it doesn't matter how much you sacrifice yourself/ your time, it's never appreciated. The company doesn't believe in raises and there are no promotions.
I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are desperate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 19, 2018
The management is indifferent to your scheduling needs. If you want a set schedule, look elsewhere. The pay is below standard and is unlivable if you live alone. The other employees for the most part that I have encountered working for this company are unprofessional and not easy to work. I didn't find any part working for this company to be enjoyable only bearable at best. The sites that you could be placed at go from bad to worse. If you have a good work ethic and great attendance management will take advantage of that and schedule you everyday (sometimes doubles) and threaten your job if you complain. You are seen as replaceable and it shows in the actions of management. If you are in desperate need of work then that would be the only reason that you should work for this company. There is no advancement and benefits are sub par.

BEWARE
Pros
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, hostile work environment, sub par benefits
Security Guard
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 21, 2017
Only thing i can really say is you have to watch out for your self. Work hard keep your head down and work. the job might just be good for those who like other people doing your job for you
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Not a team
Poor managment
Security gaurd (Current Employee) –  Rhode islandOctober 13, 2017
Lack of communication between office an personal.
Bad management
Promises made an not kept
Guards are picked and choosed by who likes them an who don't.
Worst company ever!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, RIJune 7, 2017
Worst security ever! No raises, no benefits, no paid time off, this company is so bad! Take it from me don't ever work for this company! Don't waste your time with them.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no raises, no nothing
crossroads
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 27, 2016
Worked over nights , made rounds every hours to make sure all childen and adult are OK , wrote down notes if anything was wrong ,
Fun work environment. Very flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Flexible with hours and understandable with time off policy. I have been employed with this company for a little over a year and still love it just as much as I did when I first started.
Ribi
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 8, 2015
Other than is was kind of unorganized sometimes, I enjoyed working for this company.Pay could of been better but it was a great experience.
easy to get into for employment
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 31, 2014
just cant handle the pay,and some of the security jobs were terrible
Pros
easy work
Cons
pay stinks, and no benefits
A mismanaged mess of a company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  RIOctober 9, 2013
This company is the most mismanaged company I personally have ever worked for. The company is at best a temporary job with little-to-no growth opportunity and because of this I personally have left RIBI for better opportunities.

RIBI started out as a private investigation firm in 1946, but was bought in 1980 by the Lupowitz family which still owns the company today. Today they primarily provide security guard services. The company is run by eight upper level managers in the office and a "field manager" out in the field. They are where the blame lies for this company not succeeding like they should.

In my experience the managers in the office do not have a clue on what goes on in the field. I would get called to the office (and not get paid) to explain problems that I noted in my reports months ago that were long since fixed. Their offices were clean with very little work being done other than smoking cigars. The middle managers did all the work like scheduling and visiting sites. The upper managers drove expensive cars and wore expensive suits but seemed like deadweight when talking with them. They were quick to praise any work being done and I always felt patronized by them.

My gripes with this company are that they charge guards for many services in which no company would dare to charge--such as paying 70 cents a week for direct-deposit, charging postage to mail your paycheck or schedule (otherwise you have to go pick it up at the office because they don't send them to all sites,) charging a weekly amount for uniforms with a cap at 200 dollars which is refundable
  more... at their discretion at termination. RIBI counts on you to get your pants tailored with a 5 dollar per article reimbursement (where can I get my pants tailored for 5 dollars?) They offer a "medical-discount plan" that costs too much and doesn't deliver like a true health insurance would. It costs money to work for RIBI. They don't provide a belt or shoes/boots either for the required uniform. It is not uncommon to see RIBI security guards with off colored sneakers and baggy ill fitting uniforms because they cant go out and buy new shoes or pay to get the pants tailored. RIBI has a reputation for their guards looking sloppy in the local security industry and there are other reasons for this; RIBI will hire anyone with a clean background and a pulse.

When you apply, be prepared to interview on the spot, if you don't completely dress like a crazy person, you will get a job. In the office waiting room there is a huge sign that says "Don't apply if" and gives a number of reasons. This sign exemplifies the high turnover reputation this company has--they are always hiring. The company has very low standards for the security industry. Orientation is not paid and that is because they would lose money with the extremely high turnover rate. In my orientation class there was a man who couldn't read at a third-grade level and needed help filling out his W-2 and other forms. One person after 20 minutes of waiting for someone to begin orientation just stood up and walked out.

This company is disorganized and there is a severe disconnect between upper management and the guards below them. I cannot state which account or position I held but my workday went like this:

-Show up to work and relieve the guard on duty...
-Stand/sit in one place for 8 hours with no break...
-Get relieved by next guard on duty (unless he quit or called out)

There was little reason to believe that this was a difficult job except that it was in a bad part of town and people are quick to give you a hard time.

RIBI pays below industry average. The pay was just above minimum wage and the pay is bad even for a security company. The highest pay a guard could achieve is around 11 dollars an hour, and the guards making that were on high-profile accounts. The rest were at parking lots, high-rises, factories and others.

To clients, I offer this warning when shopping for a security company.
RIBI company is very "management first" and not client first. The company will tell potential clients anything they want to hear when bidding on a contract, but when you hire RIBI they are in charge, not the client.

In closing I would say that working for RIBI was a learning experience. Compared to previous security companies I had worked for they were definitely the worst but I would say that I learned to look into companies that I apply to and I wrote this review to warn others. I met some great people who were just there for the paycheck and were happy to have any kind of job in the RI economy, and I met some of the most useless managers. If you are looking for a steady (albeit low) paycheck, apply to RIBI, but go in with the information in this review in mind.
Pros
Easy to get hired, steady paycheck
Cons
Everything else, read review
A great learning enviromnet
security officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2012
It was fun to work at a site where the owner appericated me and my skils.
Pros
positive site, friendly staff, and great kids
Cons
longs hours, being alone on site