Rice Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNJanuary 31, 2018
Loved the job but as someone else above stated the laziness and gossiping is horrible. Cleaning should be checked from time to time by superior as some do not do a very good job
Pros
Laidback, plenty of work to keep you busy, breaks
Cons
Co workers, gossip, not enough hours
Small rural hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eagle Lake, TXNovember 22, 2017
I’m sure much has changed since I worked here. The days were long, stressful and most of the times short staffed. The most rewarding take away from working here was the interaction I had with patients and their families.
I worked on Surgical, and other positions including CSR and Mental Health Unit.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNSeptember 27, 2017
Started in 1969 at Rice Hospital on Surgical floor, the allergies started changing my career. I attended some schooling, worked in Central Processing and started working in the newly started: Mental Health Unit. I worked there until around 1995 and I started driving semi trucks. Good adventure as well as experiencing more than most women had the chance to do at that time.
Pros
Great Experience and would do it again
Cons
Good place to work but looking for a change
RN--OB focused (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNJuly 11, 2015
I have worked at Rice Memorial on and off since 1985. I have loved EVERY phase of my nursing career but feel like I'd like to make a change. I rotate all 3 shifts and work every third weekend, 12-hour shifts. I usually do (and PREFER to do) labor and delivery but also enjoy the variety with postpartum and ICN patients. I especially love the support and teaching I can do for this population. Because of my active participation in leadership groups at my hospital, I have an excellent working relationship with the physicians. I am a strong patient and nurse advocate and feel like I provide the holistic, intensive cares this population needs/deserves. I plan to retire in a few years but would like to continue to work part time (ideally .8 FTE or less) until my retirement. I am willing to commute.
Pros
Variety; collegiality; good working relationship with administration.
Cons
Frequently short-staffed; would like better pay/benefits
Poor Culture
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNNovember 3, 2014
Enjoyed the atmosphere except for coworker gossiping and laziness (union).
Clinical Training (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNNovember 25, 2012
I learned a lot from doing my clinical training out in willmar, was able to do some IHC and see MOHS being done.
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, I also very much enjoyed the conversation I have had with the pathologist. They are all very helpful and carrying at the hospital.
The most enjoyable part of the job is running the stainers and doing stains by hand.
Interesting and friendly place to work
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNMarch 29, 2012
constant phone ringing and people checking in for emergency services, ob, sleep studies, x-ray or lab. People calling for information and I need to determine the right extension to transfer them to.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
last minutes shifts that need filling