Rich Products Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a proper workplace
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILNovember 2, 2018
To start off, management was not proper what's so ever, they would sit in a room and lock the doors and eat while they were supposed to be on the floor watching their people. These people are still working there. You rarely ever saw your main boss bless there was an audit. The would tell you last minute I'm talking 3 hours before you go home, that you had to stay because of some bogus reason, when they were supposed to notify you the day before, and threaten to write you up or fire you if you didn't stay. They didn't know a thing about the business nor how to run it, if they didn't like you they made your life he**. The leads and the supervisors would use the hardest workers so they didn't have to be on the floor. I could write a book about this place. Honestly.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Make cakes, cup cake, muffins
Machine operator, case pack, break relief (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 14, 2018
Riches makes cakes and sends them all over the world. The have machine that mix up a the ingredients and then as the containers go down the line the are filled with batter then baked. Then the go through a freezer where the cool down so they are ready for wrapping and packing. They then go into case pack. A box machine is operated to make the boxes for cakes to be packed in. Employees pack the cakes in boxes and then they are stacked on skid and put in the freezer until the are shipped to different parts of the workd
wonderful staff long hours
Banquet and Catering Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2018
Exciting and ever changing work environment, co-workers were one of the major reasons to stay.
scheduling can be a struggle sometime with multiple events in a row but the other all events make the hard work and long hours worth it.
Clients are grateful and understanding of the hard-work and time put into ensuring all events are to their satisfaction.
Good pay ,nice benefits package
Sanitor (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXSeptember 17, 2018
All in all I enjoyed my experience with Rich’s easy work good pay and holidays off at times with pto I started with Rich’s through a staffing agency and was able to be hired on where I became apart of the team the only thing I disliked was the time frame you had to punch in they were generous on everything but the grace period on the punch in if you weren’t in by a minute it marked again you
Pros
Benefits pay hrs
Cons
Schedule and punch in
good for Buffalo family business
Research & Insights Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 8, 2018
I've worked there for nearly 10 years. Its a good place to work because shareholders aren't driving change. There is lots of room for advancement if you are willing to move horizontally a few times. Lots of pressure to promote females and visible minorities.
Pros
summer hours - Friday half days in the summer
Cons
No real work from home options
A company that relates well with employees on a daily basis
Swing shift team leader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2018
Enjoyed working here.
management allows employees to work as a team or individual fast paced production. always keeping you on top of maintenance and production needs. Hours were great
Pros
team member or individual oppurtinuties
Cons
no advancement oppurtunities
Good for the hard worker
Advanced Utility (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 27, 2018
This is a great place to work with room for advancement if you are willing to work. I've seen people work their way up from line workers to group lead in under three years with no degree, but they were willing to prove their work ethic. Better than average pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement plan, annual company picnic with prize giveaways, United Way Pacesetter company, great people to work for.
Great enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2019
This one was my first experiece working when I came to the states. Very professional and fun workplace. Part of the benefits was having a Gym & day care in the premises.. Big experience for me working with this big company using my bilingual skills at the International Department.
Great Place to work if you LOVE to eat
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed this internship very much, it provided a lot of on the job experience with a great manager who gave me the ability to learn and have fun while doing it. I highly recommend this company to anyone who has the opportunity to work for it!
Pros
Tasting new food, global markets, working with national chains, Family
Poor Management and decision making
III Ammonia Technician (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN 37127December 13, 2018
According to OSHA we are supposed to have a minimum of two men per shift if there is more than 10,000lbs of ammonia on site. We have over 135,000.lbs on site and only one man per shift. Safety is last on there list. Poorly ran company.
Pros
Cons
safety
Legacy, non-performace driven organization
USC Marketing Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2018
Company says they treat employees like family, but it is a dysfunctional family that does not follow the values it preaches. Nepotism and non-performance are the basis for advancement vs performance based. Employee morale is low. There is no accountability or 360 for people in higher level positions. Would not recommend as employer.
Fun place to wrok for.
Production Line Inspector/Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SC 29644July 5, 2018
A typical day is fast pace but enjoyable. Learned how to do quality control on our products. The management was great. The culture was diverse. Hardest part of the job was working weekends with hardly no family time. The most enjoyable thing I enjoyed was knowing that everyday would be a learning experience.
Pros
Great pay and hours.
Cons
No family time on the weekends.
typical day at work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 20, 2018
The hardest part of the job was on Monday. Typical day would include start up making fresh dough.
The work culture is an ok environment. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting off after longs hours at the job.
Maintence
Maintenance Mechanic/ Facility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILDecember 19, 2018
We worked a lot of hours at a fast pace. We ran all day fixing anything that broke down. It was lot of hours and fast paced. We fixed all problems in the building.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Understaffed
A Typical day!
Sr Food Technologist; Sr Product Development (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2018
A typical day included a few conference calls, working on formulas for what ever project I might of been working on at the time. Developing cheesecakes, mousse cakes or ice cream cakes was something I worked on daily. It started with bench samples, plant trial samples and when final production. I absolutely loved this job!
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Poor management
Productive and Innovative Place To Work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 19, 2018
Rich Products has taken the steps and the time to listen to their associates on how to improve work life balance. This was a major concern a few years ago, but they have improved.
Great place work
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 13, 2018
Great place to work with job advancement. They care about employees. Some local management didn't follow the mission of the company and brought the Fresno Plant down in production
Groupleader (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Rich's. It's good experience working with nice people. Good pay and benefits and advancement with in the company that cares about their employees.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Shift manager handling your people problems.
Great work family
Training Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 30, 2018
This position has been an invaluable experience, I have gained knowledge and insight into the field. The company creates a great work environment, its is like an extended family.
Stressful
Relief operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 29, 2018
The people in the company is stressful. And the manager is really bad person. Don’t give opportunity to employees, and don’t pay overnight. Always work and holidays.
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rich Products Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss