Richard Allen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Family run Business
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 3, 2019
Paid trips for a few employees to Philadelphia each years, no pay equity among employees, money not spent where designated, lack of communication, no follow through, non education degree employees, lack of discipline, evaluations rated by non education degree personnel, lack of substitute teachers.
Cons
About everything
Just started and loving it so far
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 9, 2019
the training program is awesome, fun environment.

Great leadership team, and I am learning so much! If you need experience this is a great place to start since they train from the bottom up!
Pros
great team
Cons
more team nights
Great Management Team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 8, 2019
Great place to work and learn from a great staff. The management team takes a lot of time to develop their employees. From 1:1 training to a mentorship program to help out the staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
None at the moment
Very Productive worksite
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 5, 2019
A typical day at Richard Allen is morning meetings every morning to get the day started and everyone ready to go out and make sales. We would do different activities to get our minds and energy running. The hardest part of the job was being alive in the morning before going out to our clients but it was also the most enjoyable moment of the day as well because by the time we leave our meeting everyone is in a great mood to reach our goal for the day.
Pros
competive pay
Cons
You have to approach new clients instead of them coming to you for services
Try not to work here
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10601March 31, 2019
A sales job going from business to business. They lied about hours, pay, and advancement. They say a bunch of feel good things to entice young people who are eager to find work.
great working/learning enviroment
Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 22, 2019
working at richard allen was a great opportunity for me. it helped me grow as a public speaker because they have so many face to face workshops at the beginning and ed of the work day. also conducting several sale opportunities throughout the day face to face with customers was very influential to my person to person speaking skills
Pros
great learning enviroment
Cons
pay matches your deals closed
productive and fun woring enviornment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530March 6, 2019
I was fully trained as a new employee and was mentored by the more experienced employees. I established relationships with business owners and tried to find a solution for their business problems. I also quoted prices and credit terms and prepared contracts for people who’s orders were obtained.
Inspiring management team with room to grow!!!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day here starts with a motivational meeting with the CEO and top employees. After we start to meet with our prospective clients; during this time we represent our client's brand and services. We practice our public speaking, networking sales techniques. We learn how to develop our professional selves and how to further develop others.
Pros
LOTS of room for growth and professional development.
Cons
If you don't have a strong work ethic, or are not goals oriented, this is not the job for you.
Nope, nope, NOPE!
Can't Remember.. (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 1, 2019
The initial job description was VERY misleading. It was positioned as a marketing role and it turned out to be a door to door sales. While the woman I was with was very sweet, we literally walked all over the Bronx going door to door selling Verizon services that no one really understood the point. Disappointing and false to say the least....
Pros
Nothing to say.
Cons
Was lied to.
fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 18, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work there it teaches valuable information to better the workers. This will help anyone become a better version of themselves, as long as they can apply themselves properly.
Pros
Learning how to become a manager/ own your own business, pretty good money
Cons
no work life balance
Interesting environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 10, 2018
New experience. Helped me learn to communicate well with others. Hardest part of the job was convincing clients to get the product they had no inclination to get due to its expense.
Its an alright place
Executive sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 6, 2018
I worked there for a month and didnt get any paycheck even with the sales i made i had to pretty much beg for a check and when he gave me half of what i was expected to get he told me i needed to stop working there ....
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Working in cold weather and the boss was horrible
Don’t do it!
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  NycNovember 11, 2018
Would never advise anyone to work here. Lots of empty promises and lies. The list can go on and on.... holdbacks/ cancelations no one tells you this ahead of time.
Great Experience so far
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 10, 2018
I am having a great time learning from the company. Great staff, one on one training. Everybody is extremely helpful, they answer all of my questions. They have such a great support system. Fun upbeat environment.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Long Meetings
productive and fun place to work at
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2018
I have been to working here for about a year, they really show work ethics and everyone is supper friendly. I have read a lot of misleading reviews which I would like to clarify for those who are looking to work here as well. The company has a lot to offer, a lot of growth opportunities with the help of the managers. The company only deals with business to business client acquisition. They also have different pay structures that you can choose from, base on what you feel more comfortable with. The job involves a lot of face to face interactions with business owners, so if you like interacting with people than its probably the place for you.
Pros
Growth opportunities different pay structures training is given to you
Always listen
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 8, 2018
Working in Richard Allen makes you value your hard work. Hustle every day to get the job done, achieve your day to day goals and think that your action contributes to the bigger goal.
They give training and you have to be a sponge within those days. Absorb everything and utilize the knowledge imparted on you, as well as giving your own piece of mind. They are very open when you ask questions and for me that's an important aspect during training.
The only thing that drew me back working for the company was the payment. Partially it was my fault for not asking the right question. If I was financially stable and didn't need the money right away, I would have stayed for years working for them.
It is a great company with the days being so enjoyable. Fellow coworkers were so encouraging and they are competitive. I am a competitive person so I enjoy challenges, even if they're self-made and not company objectives. So if you are a fellow competitive guy, go for it. If you are not, stay away.
Pros
High commission, paid effective training, fast track to management
Cons
all commission pays, competitive - if you're not that kind of guy
Not what it seems
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 5, 2018
I was approached through email about a csr position at Richard Allen Inc. I was told during the interview that it was a sales position and that there were two pay options. A commission option and a salary/commision option.

I wasn't too happy about doing door to door sales but I was excited to try something new. But I soon realized that the ammount of gas/wear and tear on your car from driving around Long Island, Brooklyn, and Queens is not worth the money they pay you.

You only get paid based off of your sales and I quickly realized that unless you're really good at sales you wont be making a profit. I wasn't lied to at all, they're an honest company. However, for a sale to be successful there are multiple steps at different department levels and if someone in another department messes up, YOU WILL NOT GET PAID. So unless you can become a master of sales it wont be worth your time.

Being that you only get paid off of sales. If you don't make any sales for a week, you wont get paid for that week. I do not suggest working here unless you have money saved up to cover your living expenses for a couple months until you either get good at it or find a new job.
Pros
Competitive, Fun coworkers
Cons
Pay determined by things out of your control
develop foundation in sales
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 29, 2018
Fun work experience, great work environment. Had the pleasure of building a team which i interviewed trained and managed. Not only help train my team but the office as a whole and felt like i was great contribution to the office.
Pros
good environment
Good Start!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 24, 2018
Taking a leap with a new company is always an interesting experience. I am glad I did, good start no complains. Hands on training this was key for me. Many companies promise training, but this is paid training and learning so much so far! The workplace culture is fun, exciting and overall cool vibe.
Pros
Extra Bonuses ($) Extra money is always good.
Cons
Who wouldn't want to work less hrs.
Do not work here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Pyramid scheme.................
• Sold Cable and wireless telecommunication products and services to small businesses, utilizing proficient product knowledge to generate sales and mentor staff to be recognized as a Top Tier Rep and promoted to manage my own team.
• Consistently awarded and recognized for sales and a high level of customer retention.
• Effectively interviewed candidates and grew a team of sales reps internally (up to 12) and trained them on product knowledge, personal development and goal fulfillment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richard Allen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.