Richardson ISD Employee Reviews

Micromanaged and had 2 supervisors with different agendas
Elementary School Nurse Richardson (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 6, 2018
The nurse supervisor had one agenda but the principal had a different agenda and would ask you to do things that violated The Nurse Practice Act and then would take it out on your personally when you told her that you could not do what she wanted you to do.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
No lunch, No supplies, No support. You are an emergency room with no one to help and no equipment
Laid back and productive
English /Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2018
I come in, students come in and I begin instructing. This continues throughout the entire day. The most important part of my job is knowing that i'm making a difference.
great ISD to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 22, 2018
nice schools friendly teachers that were also very helpful when I needed assistance. clean restrooms, lunch duty was easy to manage. I would gladly return to Richardson ISD
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Great place with fantastic people, but management is always changing and advancement is limited, so it creates confusion about the rules and regulations that are at place at any given moment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Limited advancement
Top Districts in DFW
Honors Math Teacher/Research Professor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 14, 2018
A destination district! The students that are in the district are diverse and come from various backgrounds. Richardson High School has great administration!
Great Job!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 4, 2017
I loved working here!! Everyone is great, from the staff to the students and the parents! They have great activities where everyone is involved in! Fantastic art program and teacher!
Work Hard
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 18, 2017
RISD always tried to be on top of the newest educational models. The principals that I worked with were, for the most part, very supportive and just as hardworking as the teachers. My one complaint (aside from one bad principal at the JR high that I worked with), is that RISD always seemed to attempt new initiatives, but they would only last for about 3 years before we were having to go to a whole new set of trainings for the newest education model.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2017
My typical day at RISD is making sure my computer Lab is running up to date and ready host 12 classes a day. The teachers have an efficient running classroom equipment and service.
I have learned how to deal with children of different nationality and race.
The management is good and ready to work with you.
RISD is a diverse environment and easy to get along with fellow employees and students.
The hard part is as good as the enjoyable part. If you love children, you know what I mean.Children are hard to manage but at the same time the best people to deal with; I have enjoyed working with them ad have learned a lot from them as well.
Overall it is a comfortable environment to work.
Good group
INTERPRETER/TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 5, 2017
I have enjoyed working at the RISD. It's been great working with the students and supporting the teachers and staff. It's been a great 15 years. I would recommend this environment to young, working Mothers.
productive and fun.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 1, 2017
I worked in the material center copied papers,faxed,laminated paper,put away mail,answered phones. also worked with the kids and parents.helped out in the nurses station.
n/a
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 2, 2017
great school district to work for. Lots of teamwork, excellent teachers and loving culture. The pay is not great but the curriculum and lesson plans are excellent.
Love the people but....
Student Data Specialist/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 14, 2017
I love the people that I worked with. But the pay didn't equal the stress that came along with it. I loved management, the teachers, etc... but just can't get past the little pay.
Great team mates
some difficult students
more parent involvement needed
strong principals
sharp, professional teachers
Pros
professional teachers
Cons
low parent involvement
Definitely one of the best districts to work for
Resource Aide (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2017
I love working in this school district. Everyday at work was definitely a good one. You have all the support you need and you are learning and growing every single day.
Richardson ISD
7th Grade Science Teacher and Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2017
Taught the first 3 years of my teaching career in this district. They do a great job with the curriculum and providing support for new teachers. Balancing everything is still a major challenge (for all teachers in general).
Pros
pretty solid district
Cons
some schools are more challenging
Very nice
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 6, 2017
RISD was a great district in which to do my student teaching. The teachers and admin were all helpful and caring. The students were great! I loved my time at RISD.
what you learn
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Vevay, INApril 30, 2017
I learn to pack , weigh , label and run a machine . we packed screws ,bolts , nails ,etc. this is also a system that pays for production ,you meet your quoto you earn more
Pros
offered free insurance
Cons
shut down
Good Place
Cafeteria Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 4, 2017
I like the environment and the good staff i worked with. You get to learn more and achieve your goal, and they give you the opportunity to change for a higher position.
Better than DISD
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2017
Reasonable salary. They offered plenty of training opportunities that were easy to schedule. They had great morale and passion for educating all students.
great
Second Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 28, 2017
This is a great district to work for. The workplace culture, administration are very helpful and the staff works together as a team. The hardest part is adjusting lessons and the most enjoyable is watching the students grow.