Richfield Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Bad place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 25, 2018
Think twice, I was treated like a criminal because of the accusations of one employee without the chance to defend myself. Do yourself a favor and do not apply here.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No respect for employees.
review
LPN-Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 24153May 30, 2018
fast pace, must learn quick and not take critique to heart when review of emergencies have been told to you. Must be able to multitask, and comprimise.
Pros
variety and quality of staff
Cons
constant change in managment and policies
Fast pace, ever changing place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 10, 2018
Typically in the morning you get report from nurses. Answer the phone about a bizillion times.See what's scheduled for residents for the day etc. Then you can start your day of filing audits checking on residents. Verify and make appointments and transport.

What I learned was patience and how to block out all the noise and distractions around you and still know when something changes.

The hardest part of the job is knowing and seeing one of your residents declining and/or passing on.

The best part of the job is seeing my residents wonderful faces every morning. And being part of a loving caring team of professionals
Pros
And being part of a team of loving caring professionals
Cons
Sometimes knowing at the end of the shift, someone you've grown to care deeply for won't be there when you return to work your next shift.
Only thing good about Richfield is the residents they are so sweet and they charge for the food it’s absolutely garbage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nursing homeJanuary 16, 2018
Richfield would be a nice place to work if they got some good nurses in there and good supervisors that know their job description and pay more attention to the residents instead of waiting till the state boards come along and then try to act like nothing been going on they need to come more often the state board needs to look into some of the deaths that happen there and check the crash cart it’s never stocked
Pros
Gift shop
Cons
Not enough help
productive workplace very organized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAOctober 11, 2017
a typical day at work is very busy and quick pace you learn how to take care of patients and be there for them and take care of any needs they may need. the management at my job is great a lot of team work and if you don't have team work its hard to get things done quicker and right. the hardest part of my job is how fast paced my job is you haft to make sure your on time with every single move you make.the most enjoyable part of my job is the patients they make my day so much better and make me feel good that I can take care of someone and make there day.
Poor Management Skills
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richfield LivingSeptember 2, 2017
Management has a total lack of skill communicating effectively and in a positive manner with people they are in charge of. Makes for a negative and more stressful work atmosphere.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Poor Management
busy
Unit S (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 7, 2017
Richfiled is a place to work if you love to help people, the management does not care about their employees nor what they have to say or any ideas they may have
Not resident oriented
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 23, 2017
Nonprofit for profit. They seem to be more interested in making more money than doing what's best for the residents and improving their everyday lives.
Prn hours are great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 24, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is the residents, interacting with them,taking care of them and to bring some kind of joy in there lives. Hardest part is losing a resident that you cared for.
A fulfilling work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Salem, VADecember 24, 2016
I make sure that all our residents have the appropriate meal according to there health issues. I have learned about different types of diet and health concerns and that people who are older are just like me! Management is supportive and always there. My co- workers are supportive also and have become my friends. The hardest part of my job is getting attached to a resident that has passed away. But I enjoy the most learning about them and being able to satisfy there needs.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
when a resident leaves or passes away

Want to know more about Richfield Living?

Ask a question
Not too bad
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 28, 2016
Every place has their favorites... but this is a new extreme. They are leinant with your tardies and theyll work with your schedule a bit... but they dont show the appreciation for their employees that they should.
Set schedule, Very little pay!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 24, 2016
Great place for a high school kid looking for some $ . As a professional job. LOOK elsewhere! Not nearly enough pay for what you must do on a daily basis!
Pros
set schedule
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richfield Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Richfield Living Reviews by Location