Richmond American Homes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Company!
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 7, 2018
Amazing culture. Public New home Construction company with great benefits and a wonderful support team. Believes in their employees and invests time and training resources to make their people successful!
Pros
Awesome benefits. Great commission structure.
Cons
Corporate America.
good
Vice President - Land Acq. and Land Development (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 16, 2018
average management style. upper manager lacked honesty and good char. Corp, managers did not understand regional market place and moved slowly to change to increase market share.
Busy market
Land Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2018
Worked in property acquisition during the real estate boom and kept busy identity projects in large area of CA/NV. Gained a lot of experience at an early age.
Great job
Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
The culture has changed within the company, adding more work to the Home Care Department. The accountability has become null with other departments. Lower management understands stresses daily but upper management seems to look the other way.
Excellent Work Place
New Homes Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2018
I loved my job at Richmond Homes, but moved to the East Valley and was offered a position in the community that I lived in, so I left Richmond at that time on good standings
Pros
Great Work Place
Cons
Long Commute
Management throws any question back on you
Home care Warranty Specialist (Current Employee) –  ColumibiaMarch 26, 2018
Ask for support or back up on a issue, and they shuffle around it until it comes back as a bigger issue.
Homeowners call you all hours, so you need a throw away phone to keep for work only.
Pros
On your own
Cons
No support
Being Cheap leads to unhappy employees.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticMarch 20, 2018
Management is out of touch and doesn't want to be held responsible for their own poor decisions which directly affect everyone else's potential to earn. People who should have been sharing information within their own departments won't for no good reason. Favoritism abounds. I T system is riddled with problems making getting answers to simple inquiries near impossible.
Pros
Not much micro managing
Cons
No security for workers leaving late into desolate parking areas. Being cheap is the guiding rule.
Richmond Is A Corporate Builder
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2018
Management was accusatory, unhelpful, and acted like they didn't want you to succeed. Like selling with your hands tied behind your back because they would only release homes to sell that Upper Management decided to do. So, if you sold a lot of homes you were left with no inventory to sell. Pretty awful feeling for a sales rep.
Pros
Base Pay, Some Co-Workers Were Nice
Cons
Personal Cell Usage, Long Commutes, Long Hours, Micromanaging Bosses
Unsupportive environment
Design Consultant and Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2018
RAH runs lean and has unrealistic expectations of the work load their employees can handle. Burn out rate and turn over is high. Things are promised that don't come to fruition.
Good positive environment
Assistant SuperIntendent/Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2018
My days usually consist of calling homeowners regarding warranty issues and any customer service tickets submitted, then drive around the community with the Superintendent to make sure everything on site is getting done and is nice and clean. I came in with very very little construction knowledge and now I feel as if I have learned and grown so much from the company.
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80528February 19, 2018
Good place to work. You work six days a week, and if you really want to make money you will work 7 days a week! Overall a nice place to learn the ropes.
Pros
Good Manager
Cons
No communication.
Loved the job
SENIOR DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Very stressful job & too many hours to work to complete tasks but I loved the job. Worked with many wonderful customers and other employees. If they hadn't lowered the commission rate I would not have left.

I liked that I was appreciated and rewarded for the work that I did.
Pros
commission & benefits & job satisfaction
Cons
lowered commissions & poor management
Great Division President and Construction Manager, a great place to work.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 20, 2018
I really enjoy the people at Richmond, they are very nice, knowledgeable, and they really care about the product, the customer, and the employees. The company pays well, the benefits are nice, it would be nice to have stock options. The president and construction manager are good people and treat me very well. I enjoy Richmond.
Pros
Excellent Management
Productive and challenging
Sr. Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
I worked for Richmond Homes in numerous capacities, enjoying every one of them. I especially enjoyed supporting the sales people out in the various subdivisions. Worked seamlessly with many departments to ensure the homes were being built and closed successfully as per contract.
Pros
Team work
Cons
N/a
good place to work
Alton Cooper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working and cleaning these model homes, the hardest part was mopping all the beautiful floors throughout the homes. I enjoyed going into the different laid out homes and cleaning to the best of my ability.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough homes to clean
same as other jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 23, 2017
same as the other jobs I've worked for.
fast pace, data entry, checking prices on invoices, matching PO's and delivery receipts with invoices, making sure budgets are correct, Checking to make sure all vendors suppliers have the correct insurance. Loved my job.
Pros
free lunches
Not a good place to work
Superintendent of Construction (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2017
I can't recommend this job. Working at Richmond American homes is one of the worst decisions i have ever made. I was hired to do a specific job but half of the construction field staff quit or got fired the first month. I spent my time at RAH calming down angry customers and getting bullied by the management.

They use threats intimidation and denial of bonuses to motivate the field crew. The corporate culture is fear, insecurity, and avoiding blame.

The hardest job is going to work in the morning to subject your self to the work environment. The second hardest part is leaving the frustration, fear and anxiety at work so you don't bring it home to your family.
Pros
pays good
Cons
short life expectancy, high turn over
fun place to work
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Great work ethic, long hours, supportive staff needs to explain goals and set expectations . great benefits a great friendly work environment. Good competition
Pros
great meetings
Cons
long weekend hours
Great paying job
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2017
They paid there employees very well and had great employee parties where everybody got a door prize. Had a nice uniform policy so we represented the company well.
Pros
Working out side
Cons
Being laid off
It was useful because of the training I received from there.
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2017
It was an ok training ground. The training was good, but over all, it was not a good place to work. I appreciated that they gave me an opportunity. For that, it was worth it.
Pros
The training was good.
Cons
They are too inpatient and their quotas and constant changing of the rules was not helthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond American Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight