Richmond American Homes Employee Reviews

Run!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
Work anywhere else! Cut throat culture. Hostile work environment. Company steals your commissions. CEO and Divsion Management have no clue regarding Florida market. CEO stated that monkeys could sell his homes. Divsion Sales Manager cusses and rants continuously stating sales people dont do anything and are not needed so just fire them. Hire the next poor slob. Not in business to sell homes; rather, to take the preferred lender loans and sell them on secondary market. That's where this company makes its money. Their preferred lender can do no wrong. Zero communication from lender with sales or buyers. No rhyme or reason ever. Just throw the s#@$ at the wall and see what sticks. Just say no to RAH!
Pros
Benifits
Adequate career advancement
Regional Options Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2018
Typical day was fast paced.
Learned about the home building industry, purchasing, design applications.
Direct line manager was discriminating.
Workplace culture changed often.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the 'good old boy' environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with design options and the Construction Department.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Frequent travel
Long hours but able to work from home occasionally.
Warranty Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
I was able to work face to face with home owners to help them resolve any conflicts they may have had with the building of their home.
I had good pay and good benefits.
Pros
working with home owners
Cons
long hours and commute
Great CO-Workers
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2018
Great co-workers. Very hard to get time off. if you were not one of the favorites. They would micro-manage you until you quit. Management were always in meetings.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro Management
Wonderful Company!
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 7, 2018
Amazing culture. Public New home Construction company with great benefits and a wonderful support team. Believes in their employees and invests time and training resources to make their people successful!
Pros
Awesome benefits. Great commission structure.
Cons
Corporate America.
Good but not great
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
Your typical corporate company with back stabbing employees trying to screw their way up the ladder. If you can manage not to get involved in the politics you can have a good career until the next management shift decides to bring in all their friends.
Loved the job
SENIOR DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Very stressful job & too many hours to work to complete tasks but I loved the job. Worked with many wonderful customers and other employees. If they hadn't lowered the commission rate I would not have left.

I liked that I was appreciated and rewarded for the work that I did.
Pros
commission & benefits & job satisfaction
Cons
lowered commissions & poor management
Great Division President and Construction Manager, a great place to work.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 20, 2018
I really enjoy the people at Richmond, they are very nice, knowledgeable, and they really care about the product, the customer, and the employees. The company pays well, the benefits are nice, it would be nice to have stock options. The president and construction manager are good people and treat me very well. I enjoy Richmond.
Pros
Excellent Management
do not reccomend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 14, 2018
the most unethical management group I have ever been associated with. Competitive sales floor pits on sales person against the other. they are only concerned with high pressure sales to get the buyer to write up a deal. high percentage of cancellations as well.
Back stabbing management, coworkers
Sales -New Homes (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 24, 2018
This company totally discriminates by age. I am a woman over 45 and was pushed out by management bringing in their millennial friends who knew nothing and were terrible salespeople!
Pros
nice homes
Cons
terrible management, age discrimination!!
Richmond Is A Corporate Builder
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2018
Management was accusatory, unhelpful, and acted like they didn't want you to succeed. Like selling with your hands tied behind your back because they would only release homes to sell that Upper Management decided to do. So, if you sold a lot of homes you were left with no inventory to sell. Pretty awful feeling for a sales rep.
Pros
Base Pay, Some Co-Workers Were Nice
Cons
Personal Cell Usage, Long Commutes, Long Hours, Micromanaging Bosses
Worst company I worked for
Home care rep (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Management does not know what they are doing the homes are built poorly and they think the way to happy customers is to buy them off.The good people are run off and the bad people get promoted
Pros
Cons
high turn over poor management
fun place to work
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Great work ethic, long hours, supportive staff needs to explain goals and set expectations . great benefits a great friendly work environment. Good competition
Pros
great meetings
Cons
long weekend hours
Not a good place to work
Superintendent of Construction (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2017
I can't recommend this job. Working at Richmond American homes is one of the worst decisions i have ever made. I was hired to do a specific job but half of the construction field staff quit or got fired the first month. I spent my time at RAH calming down angry customers and getting bullied by the management.

They use threats intimidation and denial of bonuses to motivate the field crew. The corporate culture is fear, insecurity, and avoiding blame.

The hardest job is going to work in the morning to subject your self to the work environment. The second hardest part is leaving the frustration, fear and anxiety at work so you don't bring it home to your family.
Pros
pays good
Cons
short life expectancy, high turn over
Equal pros and cons
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
Depending on the community you're assigned to, your salary can be low or exceptionally high. Northern Colorado's Divisional President is essentially the reason I left, no respect for sales or any other staff, rude to customers and false sense of importance.
Pros
Draw to ensure salary, fun environment
Cons
Job security is non-existent
Being Cheap leads to unhappy employees.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticMarch 20, 2018
Management is out of touch and doesn't want to be held responsible for their own poor decisions which directly affect everyone else's potential to earn. People who should have been sharing information within their own departments won't for no good reason. Favoritism abounds. I T system is riddled with problems making getting answers to simple inquiries near impossible.
Pros
Not much micro managing
Cons
No security for workers leaving late into desolate parking areas. Being cheap is the guiding rule.
Great
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
I love Richmond American Great company and great people. office procedures and systems are great. they have the latest in all computer programs really great company
Working with Richmond American Homes
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at the company and respect the solid management and enjoyed company held events. I learned about IT and enjoyed most of the tasks required for the job.
Not a bad place to work
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 8, 2018
Ability to move up and top pay for positions. Stressful environment but so are all production builders you work for. Vendors are in demand so hard to get them to show up so you can stay on schedule.
Pros
Pay, ability to be promoted
Cons
Stressful
24/7
Home Care (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 28, 2014
Have to use your personal cell phone for work which leaves all homeowners and trades knowing your personal tele number and trust me they call you 24/7. Also was forced to download email on my phone so you can never get away from work. I had to stop carrying my cell on weekends. Very stressful work environment. Management is always behind in helping the employees. They do knee jerk reactions instead if being proactive.

Money was ok. Benefits ok.

If you like a ton of stress then you will do fine working for Richmond. If you have no life than you will do well working for Richmond. If you enjoy knee jerk reactions and like dealing with cranky people than you will do fine. AND if you like lots of useless "POSITIVE" meetings where you basically get told what all you did wrong than you will do fine
Pros
My direct supervisor was awesome i appreciated him.
Cons
using personal cell. Upper management at main office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond American Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight