Richmond Behavioral Health Authority Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Hospital Liaison/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2018
In the mental health field, RBHA pays slightly above average. The case, documentation and work load is overwhelming. Burn out and turn over is significantly high.
Mental Health Job
Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
RBHA is so rewarding. I love working with the staff and clients. We are always learning new things about Mental Health and Substance Abuse. I only work part time so the pay im not really happy with. But RBHA is a great company to work for.
Pros
Working with the Clients
Cons
Money
Productive Place to Work.....As Long as YOU do YOUR JOB!!!
Part-Time Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2018
I like to give back to the community and my position at RBHA allowed me to do just that. RBHA serves a diverse population and watching people progress and advance was wonderful.
Pros
Paid Trainings
Cons
Lazy Co-Workers
REACH needs stabilization !
REACH Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2018
PROS
clients
co-workers
benefits & pay
overtime & hours (depending on shift)
sometimes you can eat

CONS
upper management (ANYONE that is not a technician)
expected work
breaks
some clients
support
staff turnover rate
lack of a team
This is a fast pace environment were multi-tasking is required.
Clinician Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 15, 2018
Because you are working with children and adults where there are multiple issues to be addressed constantly, your scheduled activities can change rapidly. You must be flexible, have a backup plan in the event of an emergency. Management and your co-workers are very helpful and readily willing to assist you. The hardest part of the job is
identifying the problem and making a plan of action with little preparation. The willingness of the other employees to assist you is great.
Pros
Healthcare options for employs is excellent, request for time off is readily given.
Cons
scheduling, several emergencies weekly, emergencies time consuming.
A place where you can surely fit in and grow.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2018
I've been there for 7 years and enjoy the of staff and individuals served.

There is an atmosphere of endurance by the community to make an effort to finish the race if either for mental health, substance use disorder or child and family.
benefits
Cons
Disproportionate across the board mentality.
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2018
Excellent Place to Work. A very friendly atmosphere. The most rewarding is the relationships that are developed with the clients that are served within the agency.
High turnover rate in some departments
Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2017
They need to focus on better job advancement and better pay to those who are more experienced in there field. This job can be very challenging as well as face paced.
Low stress environment
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 22, 2017
This was a shadowing internship. There were no benefits, compensations, or job security; however, much was learned throughout my short time here. I had a chance to meet relevant people in the field and network.
Fast pace environment that is frequently changing
Clinician I (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 12, 2017
A fast pace agency that is frequently changing. I've learned the importance of applying sound clinical judgement in efforts of attempting to divert the risk for out of home placement. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and discharging clients as this usually means services have been successful and client is stable and living a full quality of life.
Busy
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2017
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and have a passion helping those with Mental Illness, it is a great opportunity. Various diciplines working together in order to find the best outcomes for the clients.
secure
Program Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2017
RBHA offers a place of security and balance, with a humanistic approach to their ongoing employment processes. They keep their employees informed and offer opportunities for employee input.
Pros
Humanistic
Cons
Low salary
REACH Child Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
Great staff, managers and benefits. They make you feel appreciated and part of a team. The pay is fair and there is room for growth. It is a great company to work for.
Extensive paperwork and high job expectations
Mental Health Lead Case Manager/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2017
60% of your day is consumed by paperwork. Client behaviors can be demanding and aggressive (if working with children). I have grown in being able to manage crisis' effectively and calmly. Management has decreased with it's involvement in the daily program and appears to lack in supporting it's employees. The agency presents a culture that is heavy on documentation verses dedicating time to clients. The hardest part of the job is the never ending documentation and building relationships with clients and families. The most enjoyable is when progress is visible in your clients.
Pros
scheduled time off (when working in the school services of the agency)
Cons
daily documentation, working at an off site location
good place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
This facility serves the local Richmond and surrounding community by providing top notch health care which includes internal medicine and mental health care.
Pros
great people to work with throughout the day.
Amazing Organization
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2017
I have been employed with this organization for the past 9 years and have only positive things to say. From the Board, to executive management, to direct service providers, to housekeeping staff, the agency is full of people who work as a team in order to ensure that services offered to the most vulnerable citizens in the City of Richmond's behavioral health needs are met. Truly an innovative company.
Pros
onsite gym, promote wellness, strong leadership
supportive co-workers, intense caseload
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2017
There are some great people who work at RBHA and this is good, because the caseloads can be very intense and stressful. Supervision is offered for licencing and the parking is paid for.
Pros
Good co-workers, fleet of vehicles for outreach work, decent pay for the area
Cons
Caseloads can be stressful as well as the documentation
An awesome inpatient resource for our populations
Nursing Supervisor-CSU (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2017
I helped develop this program from the beginning and was the Nursing supervisor for 5 years prior to taking another position upstairs to launch another new program-RICH Recovery Integrated Care Medical Clinic
IT Help Desk at RBHA
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Running desired programs, assisting in connecting doc stations, laptops, PC's, and phones, and monitors. Knowledgeable in all areas. A typical day at work would be fixing a combination of the above. I have learned to repair various forms of equipement, and has learned vast knowledge and is very skillful within this good environment. Everyday at RBHA we have an enjoyable atmosphere, and I never had a hard day, sort of speak.
Manager was horrible
Editor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2017
I took a summer job here and the job was to write a strategic plan. I was 23 and didn't know what I was doing at all, and I literally got no instruction from my supervisor.