Richmond Gastroenterology Associates Employee Reviews

Just, Don’t.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 29, 2019
If you enjoy a very long work day full of unorganized management and unprofessionalism, this is the job for you. The money and stress isn’t worth it. Most don’t last a year here. A bunch of promises about things changes but they never do, and the changes that are made are completely unnecessary.
Cons
Micromanagement, low pay, long hours
Great learning experience
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2019
I have learned so much while working for RGA, there are so many people willing to guide you and teach, but they do not think about the fact that you have a life outside of their company. I am currently going through school and have a little one, they say they will work with you but then don't.
Pros
Learning opportunities
More clerical than clinical
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2019
If you have years of experience,this will NOT matter! You are expected to answer calls while in clinic & 90% of the work is administrative vs clinical
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Not enough space to list!
It was okay there
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2019
The job itself wasn’t bad but the supervisor and even most of the people in the business office made it difficult working here. I would come back if they had new management.
Pros
Free lunch, coworkers like family
Cons
Pay, benefits
This was a very nice practice to work for
Medical Records Clerk/Patient Accounts Collector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2019
There were alot of very nice people that worked for this Practice, most of the Physicians I worked for are now retired. I left just for a change of scenery
Don’t do it
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2019
I came to this company with 10yrs experience and they offered me $15 per hour. That’s an INSULT! I’ve nevwr worked for a drs office where the medical assistant is responsible for answering incoming calls ALL day even while running clinic. Meanwhile the front desk staff don’t have to answer the phone AT ALL. RUNNNNNN!!!!
Pros
5 day work week
Cons
Everything else ESPECIALLY THE PAY
Never work here!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2018
Benefits get worse every year, management is ruining the place. You can not trust the nursing supervisor. All money and numbers driven. Way too catty.
Pros
catered lunches from drug reps
Cons
everything else
Look elsewhere
Former employee (Former Employee) –  RichmondMarch 15, 2018
Would not recommend anyone to seek employment at this place of business. The focus is placed on bringing in money, not patients. Workplace culture, catty and unprofessional.
Pros
Full time hours and benefits
Cons
You wear many hats, unprofessional demeanor of employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2018
Great place to work. Only problem was when doctor retired my hours was cut . Fasted environment to work for. Great benefits. Learned a lot with this company
Busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2017
I answered phones and scheduled appointments, registered new patients, and assisted the doctor when needed. I enjoyed working with the doctor as he would teach me and explain why he needed to do a test or order a lab.
Great place to work with upper business office management absolutely fabulous
Medical Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2017
Benefits were ok and advancement really not there. Some slackers who ruin it for everyone but overall the management is great and the people are very respectful.
Pros
free lunches during some weeks
Cons
not much advancement
at first i loved the job
Medical (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2017
In the beginning I loved to work for Richmond Gastro, my health went down for a few months and I had to miss work and they were not very understanding about the serious situation I was in. I ended up having some surgery which I informed my management but when I called to return to work I never received any communication back.
Look elsewhere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 10, 2017
Consider all other options, the management here is a joke. Micromanagement would be a large understatement, if applying and accepting this position you want to make sure you get on their good side or your hard word WILL be unrecognized.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
Management, Job / Life balance
Stressful
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 3, 2016
Manager micromanages. Benefits gets worse year after year. Training is laughable because you are being trained by multiple people jumping in with there opinions on how to do something all the while the phones ring off the bat while patients are being seen, doctors interupt. Lots of back stabbing and drama.
Don't apply unless you are really desperate.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Manager, benefits, training
Consider all other options
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2016
High volume office with 100 lines with incoming calls that ring incessantly, training is sub part and the doctors have unrealistic expectations for the staff, the pay is laughable, and the HR manager is a joke. Consider applying elsewhere
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Steady pace and friendly work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 29, 2015
Mornings were typically quiet as we prepared for clinic in the afternoons. My medical terminology increased tremendously. My co-workers were team players as there was no time to fall behind with any task.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Responsible for checking in and out patients, schedule test, authorization,coding, medical records request, answer phones, pulling messages, pulling rx, scanning records.
Pros
patient care load
Cons
Well balanced and great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2014
The hours are great, because they leave nights and weekends available. Working two jobs can be really stressful, but they are super flexible with my hours.
Work experience
Medical Assistant/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work busy. The poor management made it difficult to perform the job to your best ability.
Productive Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of answering numerous phone calls as well as assisting the doctor with patients. I have great coworkers that display greata teamwork. The hardest part of the job would be answering the busy phone line.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond Gastroenterology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8