RICHSMITH DEVELOPMENT Employee Reviews

Poor upper management, played favorites
Community Director (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 26, 2018
I worked for RichSmith for a few years, and overall I had a terrible experience. I had MANY different regional directors due to the extremely high employee turnover. 3/4 of my directors were awful - did not have time for us, played favorites in the region, openly talked down to you and about your team. Upper management expected a ton of work by property managers in a 40 hour week, and overtime was not okay. I was not given any training upon being hired, and learned the majority by trial and error. Even after I was promoted to manager I still did not receive any training. I was given a sinking ship of a property and my regional sat back while we failed. Pay started out fine, however over the years the pay did not increase according to work and experience. Someone who was my employee made more than me. Insurance was not affordable.
Pros
Set hours, PTO can be earned
Cons
Terrible regional managers, little-to-no training, pay
Fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 17, 2017
A great place to work, especially if you’re looking for part-time work: you get 3 days of PTO after working there for 90 days AND paid holidays—I’ve never had a part-time job that offers either of these. Leasing bonuses are great (during busy months, it’s like an extra paycheck at the end of the month). Room for advancement too.
Pros
Pto, paid holidays, leading bonuses
Poor upper management
Employee (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 14, 2017
Worst company I've ever worked for. Upper management gives you no support and will side with the residents every time. They require lots of after hours work that keeps you away from your family. Looking forward to finding a new job ASAP.
Pros
Cons
Expensive Insurance, Cut throat corporate
Stressful and rude supervisor
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 17, 2017
There is no room for speaking out on a rude supervisor if you go to HR they will take what you have said and use it for their on greed to make you feel less of a person
Pros
supervisor takes gets bouns for your work
Cons
short lunch
Absolutely terrible
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 17, 2017
You will be required to do a massive amount of work, basically run the property for the director because they are never there. Always out of the office for 7 hours of the 9 hour work day. Everything is expected of you and you have no training. The pay of $10 an hour is a joke. The owners of the company and higher up in commands are jerks who do not even acknowledge your existence. Save your soul and dont work here.
Pros
Cons
Expensive healthcare, no breaks, bad directors. No days off, no sick days.
Stressful, lack of support from corporation, clueless management
Community Director (Former Employee) –  IllnoisAugust 7, 2017
You are expected to run the community and be on call 24/7! At $12.00 per hour, who wants to give up their life for that. You have no support from the corporation at all. A HUGE turnover at the main corporate office, should have been a red flag. NO SUPPORT AT ALL! Employers should listen and support you! The health benefits are the worst. The deductibles are so high you cannot afford to go to the doctor because you will never meet the deductible! Plus, you pay more each month than the company does for coverage!!
Pros
Cons
No support or listening skills from management/corporation.
I have worked in this industry for several years, a few of them with this company. No week can be completed in 40 hours but its expected
Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 26, 2017
Love the industry.Supervisors should understand all aspects of tax credit, yet don't.At the beginning of employment you feel appreciated. Can't please
Pros
Salaried employees get paid 1/2 time over 40 hrs
Cons
Bosses do not stand with employees, lack of communication
Relaxed but stressful place to work with great opportunity!
Senior Community Director (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJune 9, 2017
I have been with the company for almost 3 years now and have been promoted several times. Although I wish the communication was better between upper management and lower management, I must say that working for RichSmith has been pretty great and very rewarding.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of communication on things, operating budgets
Great Company - Would recommend to anyone looking for a career instead of just a job
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 23, 2017
RichSmith is a great company to work for. I've been here several years and while there are days I believe we could do better (can't every company?), for the most part I'm happy with my employment.

They've made great strides on advancement opportunities, salaries, benefits and incentives. Employee retention is up as well.

Overall, while we could use some improvements here and there but at the end of the day its a great company to work for and I would recommend to anyone looking in the property management field.
Pros
Flexible, competitive salary, benefits
Cons
communication
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 25, 2017
I have worked for several different management companies and find RichSmith is a very dedicated company with many great employees. There are a few bad apples but what company doesn't have those. I am still just as excited to be working for the company as the day they offered me the job.

They provide great benefits and good bonus structures that are easily attainable. From my interaction the owners really do care about the properties and their employees. The only problem is that some of upper management tends to micro manage a little too much making it difficult to perform a job properly sometimes.
Pros
Benefits and properties
Cons
Upper management
no over time and could have a lot better bosses
Mantenance tech (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 30, 2016
Bosses have no clue what they are doing and treat you badly. We should be pay more. Would like over time could make it if they didnt cut you a break on rent. Should provide tools if they are only going to pay $12 an hour.
Pros
cheap rent
Cons
bad bosses and poor wages
Job Excellence of what I take pride in:
Leasing Consultant/Active Director (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 30, 2015
Answering Emails and phone calls, collecting payments, entering files and payments in system, Verifying information from different companies. Tax-Credit experience, Property Inspections, Managing Get Readies for Move-Ins. Move-Out preparations. Documents for each file including Company, Tax-Credit, and Housing. Excellent Customer Service Skills. I will try my best that not only is the prospect happy, that they will be extremely satisfied with the service.
Pros
Satisfiying the Prospects and the owners
Cons
So much work and not enough pay
This company is the greatest company I have ever worked for
leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  North Little RockJanuary 2, 2014
Typical day at the office is never typical. This job is exciting and fun. I have learned that you can enjoy the work you do. The management is the best. They truly care about their employees and the success of their employees. The hardest part of the job is the commute. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with.
Pros
employee/management relations
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RICHSMITH DEVELOPMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9