Rick Ridings

Working at Rick Ridings: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Great place to work. Supportive group of people, great environment.

I've been with Rick Ridings Ford for 7 years now. Started off in Business Development, Moved into Sales after a couple of years, and then moved to a Service Advisor position a couple years after that. Every department has been great and I'm thankful for every opportunity. Ridings is a great place whether you're just starting out or have years of experience.

Fun place to work, great co-workers.

I've really enjoyed my time here. Everyone is very helpful and wants to be successful. I love cars and meeting new people so this job works great! I had some concerns because I had never been in sales prior but they gave me training to help me succeed. If you are considering getting into automotive sales I would highly recommend Rick Ridings.

Rick Ridings insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging

Great Place To Work, Hard Work Is Rewarded

I have learned a lot about the car business that I didn't know about before being it in, mostly the process of what all info is need to successfully complete a car purchase. The management cares about you and will teach and show you how to be successful if you are willing to learn. The hardest part of the job is the hours or deciding what to do for lunch in Monticello. It is great to be able to work for such a nice family owned dealership.Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customer leave happy.

Pros

The entire store wants to help the customer the best they can, from parts, service, to sales.

Cons

Working every Saturday

Fun place to work!

I absolutely loved working at Rick Ridings! I loved all of my co workers! You truly feel like a family there! Like most car dealerships.. the hours aren’t so good especially if you are a parent. I felt like I missed out on a lot of things, but at the same time.. if you need a day off, they will give it to you, but you can’t make money unless you are there.

Pros

Fun environment, great co workers and managers, and family like environment

Cons

Putting keys in every vehicle, low pay, harsh hours, and zero work/life balance

21 years and counting, Rick Ridings has provided me the opportunity and the support to develop from Sales to General Manager.

After 21 years and a lot of mentoring, I continue to enjoy an extremely rewarding career. I have enjoyed about every position in the front end of the dealership and cherished the people who have contributed to my success. I look forward to the next challenges and advancements we make together and try my best to pay it forward giving opportunities for advancement to those who share my passion for customer satisfaction.

Pros

Large inventory, great reputation and room for advancement.

Cons

A bit of a commute, but worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rick Ridings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits