Ricker's Oil Company Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly atmosphere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 28, 2018
Ricker really is a great place to work with great pay and a dollar raise every year you're there. The staff is friendly and upbeat. The customers that come in are friendly as well. It got stressful sometimes but most of the time it was fun.
Very productive and easy place to work
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INJune 13, 2018
Always very productive, and easy place to work. I would continue to work here if I received the hours and pay promised, and the management was not poor.
Clean, Clean, Lift Heavy Trash, and Heavy Bibs, and Deal with cranky people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 18, 2018
I don't know what to put...Managers are pretty great! Cashiering is fun! Hours are flexible! Coworkers are fun! Cleaning bathroom not fun! Stocking shelves fun!
Fun and productivity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2018
The job and pay was great it's a nice place to work and the pace is steady but a lititle fast.It's a nice environment to be in when you want to get things done .
Pros
Free drinks and uniforms along with your card discount
Cons
Food isn't free lol
Easy, overpayed, good and bad management. Depends on store.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, INMarch 11, 2018
The pay is a lot more than expected. Whether you're food, gas station, or both, you are payed the same amount. One raise after one year of employment. Small shift premiums, which are nice. Opportunities to manage but not much more pay and a lot more responsibility. Easy to impress if you're not lazy. Coworkers, however, are. Takes care of average employees very well. Decent amount of benefits. I didn't use them so unsure of cost. 401k. Great starter or temporary job!
Pros
Overpayed, really simple
Cons
No conpetiveness to grow, same thing day in and day out.
Horrible place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
Ok here the run down
Pros: health dental vision 401k and your pay
Cons: horrible management team work
I was only with the company for 4minths and althhough my checks every two weeks were nice management was horrible like they act like they care when they dont... i had an issuse i addressed and instead the management poked fun in it which eventually made me quit n then i see my issuse on fb from the coworker i had problems with who accodentally text the manager the gorl threaten me and in response to the text my manager said lol im pretending i didnt see tht...then u got all these new ppl tht get hired n quit n middle of shift n leave u allll alone with a line out the door or u get coworkers who dont do no work at all unless managers r there or u threaten to tell management.. rule is before your shift ends make sure its ready for the next shift make sure the activity board is done disciplinary action will b taking part if not.... i work second shift and every time i come in nothing is done so im doin my job plus first shift but nobody gets in trouble oooo wait i did i had to stay over my time cuz i didnt get to take the tradh out or finish stocking first shift boxes they recieved
Then if u decide to go over management to their bosses u still wont get no where like they brush it off...
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management coworkers everything
I was 17
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 13, 2018
So you have you go days and bad one worrking for a convenient store. But all around my time employed for rickers was good they paid well then so i like it.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 12, 2017
Relaxed and comfortable environment. Busy pace all day long and one of the busiest rickers that they have. Co-workers and great and very friendly, also a family ran business.
Pros
Interact with community
Cons
Team work
It was a temporary good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 7, 2017
I liked the people and customers my manager was good and the interaction and face pace was nice. I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a part time job.
Not an ideal place to work, but ok for extra spending money in college
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INOctober 27, 2017
Always forced to pick up the slack for lazy employees, never got a raise in three years even with stellar performance and attendance. Terrible pay, no benefits, not even a free pop. Physically exhausting.
Cons
Top tier management was terrible
Unfair management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
management was horrible. owner of the company did not care about his employees. extremely fast paced environment. no one wants to help each other. not a good environment.
Fast-paced, always changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, INMay 16, 2016
Working for Ricker's was a great first job. My manager taught me many skills that I needed for my job and skills to carry into my personal life. It was a fast paced environment that was always changing.
good location
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2016
Really easy work. learned to properly asset inventory, hardest part of the day rush hour patrons buying gas and lotto tickets
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INApril 29, 2014
At Ricker's first thing you do is count on your register. Then if you don't have a line you make sure coffee is fresh, cups are stocked, things are clean around the store. We also have daily duties such as inside/outside trash, sweep/mop store, load the cooler and things like that.
Ricker's is a very fast paced workplace with daily challenges.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at Ricker's is a very fast paced busy day. I assist the customers in anyway that I can, and in between customers I make sure the store is neatly stocked, and maintain a clean working environment. Everyday is a challenge when dealing with the customers. What I have learned from working at Ricker's is how to handle the customers when their upset about something. I like working with my co-workers because we work as a team. The management team is awesome, they are firm, but very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers.
Pros
My co-workers are team players and management is very helpful as well.
Cons
No lunch beak just 5 minute breaks.
Busy store with fun team members & nice customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 4, 2013
This gas station was on the bypass & that is why it was so busy. The customers were always nice, some of them would reward the workers if they received good service. The customers would sometimes buy a meal from a fast food restaurant & drop it off or would buy something from the store. The team members were a blast to work with . They would cheer you up if you were having a bad day, we would joke & laugh in spare times. The manager was serious but always joked with team members & would some times buy us pizza & a pop .
Pros
Discount drinks
Cons
Barely ever slow
Enjoyed Customer Service
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne , INJune 1, 2012
I would ring up customer's orders up, done general cleaning , truck orders