Ricker Oil Company Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced work in family atmosphere.
CSR then Assistant Manager (Store 10, Fishers) (Former Employee) –  13642 Olivia Way, Fishers 46037May 11, 2018
• Maintained deli department keeping waste low by ordering closer to expiration date or replenishing needs.
• Often required to handle stressful events such as running out of gas, inventory shortages/access issues, computer problems, credit card access interruptions, employee disputes and short staffing days.
• Helped maintain high-quality inspections by ensuring daily, weekly and quarterly paperwork and physical duties were carried out by all employees.
• Regularly satisfied customer complaints by listening, explaining applicable procedures and offering solutions that met their needs.
• Was primary person restocking cooler and putting away inventory on a daily basis, location is one of the busiest stores in the company.
Pros
flexible scheduling, healthcare/401 benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Cons
very physically demanding, high turn over in that type of business.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frankton, INMay 2, 2018
If you like a quick paced, fast learning environment then ricker's is for you. A typical day includes changing trash cans, stocking shelves and cups, and working cashier.
Great customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, INNovember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Rickers when I did. I loved the customers too. The one down part was that there definitely was favorites back when I worked. My co worker always made snarky comments and talked behind people’s backs. She’d be in the managers office for 20-30 minutes at a time. Also there are no breaks, but time goes by fast there.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No breaks
Ricker Oil Company is a solid family owned business
Controller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 5, 2017
The Rickers are great people to work for. They care for their employees and offer a competitive salary & benefits. Overall a really nice place to work.
A nice place to work and shop
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 28, 2017
Rickers has taken very good care of me and every other employee that works for them. They offer a very good healthcare plan as well as one of the best tuition reimbursement programs that I have ever seen. However, once you progress past the point of Customer Service Representative it becomes more about politics than actual performance. They are willing to bend the rules for those that they like personally instead of assessing the facts and investigating both sides of every problem. The hardest part of the job for me was being able to communicate with my General Manager. But the interactions I had with my customers and staff were by far the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned inventory control as well as professional etiquette and team-building skills which can come in handy in just about any job. A typical day, once you've established a routine and a familiarity, is less than stimulating and it is very easy to feel stuck in a rut which makes for an overall dull experience. It is very easy to feel trapped in this industry.
Pros
half price pops
Cons
no breaks
A great company to be involved with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2017
I've been with Ricker's for over three and a half years, starting as an associate and moving up through the company to the point of store manager with high aspirations in less than two years. The family and corporate team are very involved with every aspect of the company and there are few places that can bind with a culture as strong as theirs.
Although I am no longer employed with them, by my own fault, I never felt dissatisfied with myself working for the company.
loved my customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, INJanuary 8, 2017
A typical night at work would be cleaning and customer service. the hardest part about the job is i was the only person on 3rd, most enjoyble part was my customers.
Pros
good pay, customers.
Cons
dress code, worked alone.
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INNovember 7, 2016
I had a lot of fun here. I made the customers and employees laugh. I think that I made their experience there fun. It was a light fun loving atmosphere
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
A very fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 17, 2016
I loved this Job and I left for another job but it was time . Everything that I did wasn't for limelight it was to help the team and it got where District Manager takes your kindest , hardwork ,skills for granted. It still hurts leaving but mentally just couldn't do it anymore.?
Pros
Bonus check
Cons
Turnover
Great work enviroment and poeple.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, INJune 27, 2016
A normal day at work includes arriving to everybody already having a smile on their faces. Getting logged in and ready for all the customers for the day to come in.
Interactive Employment
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2016
Assisted in driving store performance; coached employees to reflect superior guest services, and maintained operational expectations. Assisted in managing established budgeted sales, controlled expenses, bank transactions, and achieved productivity goals. Managed and supervised individuals. Effectively planned weekly schedules. Provided monthly and yearly reports to upper management.
Overworked
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2016
I started working for Rickers in August. I got out of training in September. From the time I got out of training until I was let go I got 2 days off in December so I could celebrate Christmas with my family. My district manager got mad at me because I asked for those days off. They said I had to work 7 days a week until they got an assistant manager for that store. The store lost their assistant manager in May and it was not until April that they got another assistant. But the district managers were the only one that could hire an assistant and they were off at 5pm everyday and didn't answer their phones on the weekends.
Pros
great pay
Cons
horrible management staff and expectations
Best Place I have ever worked for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2015
Ricker's was an amazing growing experience. Their focus on their employees is beyond anything any employee could hope for. The expectation to complete a job is a hard line, and does not waiver, but you can tell the owner's of this company take the time to really get involved with the management, as well as take the time to listen to each employee on what they believe would make the company better.
Pros
Excellent wages, bonus programs, and incentives
Cons
Long managment hours, limited hourly employee hours.
Easygoing place to work...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 15, 2013
A typical day at work for me is non-stop. Whether it's cleaning or just constantly helping customers.
Anytime I have a concern I tell my Associate Manager or my Manager and they take it from there.
Most of my co-workers are great people who know how to treat our customers.
The hardest part of my job is if a customer leaves unsatisfied.
The most enjoyable is when we have gone above & beyond to help someone out.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
medical insurance is indemnity insurance, not really much health coverage there!
Great workplace to start out in the workfore challenging but easy to learn.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2013
A typical day started at 6am Monday through Friday, open up my register, take morning inventory of product, and check fuel levels. I learned the ability to best assist customers in distress. My co-workers made it easy to understand and adjust to the job and never had in problems with anyone of them. Hardest part of my job would be dealing with disgruntled customers but after being on the job long enough I learned mediation skills that help to deal with customers.