Ricoh Employee Reviews

Found 2,670 reviews matching the search See all 3,539 reviews
Lack of Management and Backup
Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 22, 2018
I was in a management role and never given the proper training it took to be in the position. My manager never followed up on us. With me and someone else running a large operation, there was never time to do needed documentation. I had to recreate files and data that was saved. When someone was to call in, there were only 3-4 backup employees for nearly 12 local sites and some were "temporary" full-time employees because the site didn't want Ricoh hiring another person on as full time for those sites. Site Manager was definitely not the type that cared for his employees and when you spoke to his boss no issue was ever resolved except a slap on the hand.
Cons
Management, Non-Competitive Wages
Bad practices
Temporary Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2019
I worked at Ricoh for about 7 months as a temp. The job itself was simple and straight forward. However, the managers just keep hiring temps (nothing inherently wrong with that). The problem is that when they do they pay them basically the same as they would if they had hired them themselves. Which gives temps no reason to take a job from them as there is no incentive to get hired on by the actual company. The other issue is that they have too many managers for the little number of people that they have (about 15-20 employees with 3 or more managers).
I'm torn about this company.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I know location I worked at doesn't exist anymore but when I did work there it was actually pretty decent. The management was very friendly and helpful and the employees actually enjoyed their jobs which is a rare thing to come across. But the only real issue was the lack of career advancement and changes that were threatening our positions. I ultimately left after I wasn't able to move into a new sales department they were creating even though my qualifications were higher than most who were hired.
Pros
A decent job culture and benefits.
Cons
No real career advancement.
Structured work enviorment with clear cut policies and direction.
Team Lead, Enterprise Billing (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Ricoh has a very clear mission statement and reinforces it's directives to all employees.
I appreciated the extensive training classes. The online job processes and policies are extremely extensive and helpful.
All managers and team leads are given job appropriate management training.
The hardest part of the job is the mass amount of processes you have to be familiar with to do your job effectively. Also, the workload was at times excessive which results in employee frustration.
Pros
Clear direction on what is expected of you. Extensive training available.
Cons
Excessive workloads and convoluted processes.
Great Place to work, but could be better.
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2019
Ricoh is a contracted service company that strives to provide excellent customer service. Managed Services side was very fun to work for, but as all contracted services your job is dependent upon keeping the contract (which is up to the customer, and sometimes not dependent upon the service they receive but cost savings. Mangement is ok depending on who you have as a manager. They lack employee recognition and need to focus more on their workers production.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Contracted Services, Statistic Driven, Sales rep high turnover, and lack of advancement opportunities for administrative, customer service support, company cutbacks.
Management is Horrible
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 2, 2018
Wasted four years at this place, not a place for advancement had a supervisor who went to drug rehab, came back and was promoted to supervisor after being demoted from another department, this place has a (Good Old Boy System) one of the worst places I ever work wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone they do not protect they employees they hate for their management to look bad so they rather loose their long term employees than for management to suffer consequences once they have been found in the wrong this place is one of the worst in Gwinnett County.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Not Positive
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2018
This was through a data entry project through Ricoh for another company; that's probably a big factor, but it still had Ricohs name on it, At one point, half the staff was dismissed (at least we were told) and then several weeks later the same exact people were brought back on (which means possibly they were relocated and told the same thing). I left for another opportunity prior to the end of the project.
Cons
Very "sign in, sign out", hours kept below 40 per week
Ricoh is a place that provides opportunities if you work hard
National Program Manager - Federal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2018
Ricoh has an amazing suite of products and services. There is no part of society that Ricoh products don't touch. Having this wide range of product offerings allows you to create complex solutions to make client's "Care Abouts" seem small.
Pros
A global company with an amazing innovative history
Cons
FOCI Status can impede the ability to bid on some Federal opportunities.
A great company that great's you with open arms!
Sr On-Site Service Spec. MS Ops Onsite (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 7, 2018
I love this company and everything they do. Each day I learn something new and cool about them. That makes me enjoy working for them. They really like to engage the employees with new and exciting programs to help keep the company and the moral of the business on the up and up.
Pros
Vacation and floating holidays for use after one month.
Cons
finding time to use all my Vacation hours
Good atmosphere, employee satisfaction focused.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 12, 2018
My experience at RIcoh taught me much about organizing people and managing different tasks in order to achieve enterprise goals. Ricoh's commitment to diversity, culture, community and the environment inspired me to become more involved in volunteer activities and fundraising efforts.
Pros
Good benefits, strong commitment to employee satisfaction
Cons
Less than competitive pay
Excellent Progression
Copier Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 14, 2019
Ricoh is a contracted service company that strives to provide excellent customer service. Flat out I miss their employee development program. They encourage development and have an online learning system that can be accessed from anywhere to develop in an direction you choose.
As a contracted service company, it is competitive. Unfortunately the technician side is driven by stats, and spreadsheet management of them isn't always the best. Managed Services side was very fun to work for, but as all contracted services your job is dependent upon keeping the contract (which is up to the customer, and sometimes not dependent upon the service they receive but cost savings).
Pros
Good Pay, Excellent Employee Development
Cons
Contracted Services, Statistic Driven
Fun place to work but salary didn't compensate responsibilities.
SENIOR BILLING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
A typical work day included conference calls, running reports and meeting daily billing requirements. I learned order management, invoicing/billing and customer service. The hardest part of my job was working with the sales reps to help ensure we met the expectations of the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was the lifelong relationships I made with my co-workers.
Pros
Your co-workers become your family.
Cons
Career advancement is low.
Installation including connectivy, maintenance and repair of MFPs including numerous software solutions.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2018
Performing installation, maintenance, and repair of Multifunction Office and Printing equipment. Troubleshooting of complex network connectivity problems to printers and scanners but not limited to just copiers.
Pros
Guarantee of 40 per week. Always something new to learn (challenge)
Cons
Overtime very limited even when work load really demanded it, I always felt I was behind almost buried in calls.
Productive and fun place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRNovember 14, 2018
Family Atmosphere- Family comes first, and they strive to make you part of a work family. They truly care about you both professionally and personally. They have very fun work environment and encourage methods of lowering stress levels. Upper management is easy to talk to and receptive to new ideas. They offer lots of perks, they may seem little but they really add up. That Company also ensures that "training" is …
Diverse and Multicultural Business Environment
Strategic Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Ricoh provided cross-functional training throughout the company. Someone working in order management was trained the duties of an billing administrator and verse versa. Whenever a customer dispute/issue is presented, the representative is able to assist without transferring the client to another department.
Pros
Recognition of Excellence Program Award, Diversity Council events, and neverending potlucks.
Cons
Transitioning US positions to another country
Technologically advanced company
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2018
Training was A+ however advancement was harder to come by if sales was not your passion. Management was flexible with work and home dynamics. Enjoyed working with other co-workers.
Pros
Team and employee benefits wonderful as well as moral and team building activities
Worst place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 1, 2018
Management degraded employees. Made people hand fold thousands of letters if machines broke. No advancement. Turn over was so high. New people only stayed about a week or two. Management would look in your bathroom stall to see if you were on your phone. HR always sided with management. Raises were given then management would say it was a mistake and take it back. No work or life balance. They did not care about your home life.
Pros
Cons
Everything-do not work here
The hardest part of the job
Enterprise Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2019
The hardest part of the job is keeping the necessary staffing level to meet the contractual requirements for the customers. The turnover is less than the industry trend but it still is a continuous challenge to keep staff working for Ricoh at Ricoh customer sites.
Pros
There is a lot of freedom to my position and empowerment as well
Cons
Staffing and recruiting
Worked hard but played hard as well. Was there for 27 years, enjoyed it
Accts Payable, Receivable, and Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 3, 2018
Ricoh was good to me. I worked hard and was rewarded for my efforts. I had management training as well has hr, sexually harassment and systems
I managed a team of 12. I facilitated conference calls reviewed aging. Monitor accounts for bad debt . Coached team members to perform to thier seeing people suceed was he most rewarding part of my job
Productive and family oriented
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2018
This was a very stressful job and management making changes before making sure they will work. We moved to new building with the "new world of work" atmosphere; instead of cubicles we sat at tables and could look across at coworkers. This caused the close-knit family atmosphere. I miss the people of Ricoh but not necessarily the company. We got the "Jabber" phone system which is internet based phone system that never worked in the 7 months that we had it. Customers complained, employees complained. They said they tried it out before purchasing it but not on the 300 employees that we had with the VPN that we had or the network that we had.
Pros
close-knit work environment
Cons
no one uses paper anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight