Ricoh
Information from Ricoh:

Ricoh Employee Reviews

United States3,377 reviews
Found 3,377 reviews matching the search
Liked working there. Pay was decent. Commute was awful, due to heavy Atlanta traffic & distance from home. Specialists helped in troubleshooting issues when needed.
Pros
Training, Supportive Management
Cons
Break times were always different each day
Constant harassment of low end employees by management to find activities to fill the day due to lack of work at customer offices..I would not recommend this company to anybody to hire into because they will dispose of you like a piece of garbage when they are done with you. No company loyalty to employees but they expect employees to be loyal to the company.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Terrible company going out of business slowly
Going down hill. Layoffs. Techs doing same job with 2 techs that 4 use to do. Don't have clear direction of where service dept. is going. Micro managed. Poor dispatch system. Upper management will lie to you.
Pros
Cons
See review
Ricoh does not care about their employees, they will not be honest with you. I worked there almost 20 years and they eliminated my position and forced me into taking a job with a dealership only to meet their needs with no concern about my needs and would not pay me the severance pay because I went to work for the dealership because I needed a job !
Pros
Cons
the company management
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Pay could be better. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not everyone can be the boss at the same time. My training was very inadequate. Luckily I have a background in the field of my work I'm doing. Unfortunately not everyone else does and it's difficult to explain how things should be done. They're so used to doing it one way whether it's right or not.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Pay me for what I'm worth to this company
Working here is manageable if you only want to stay in one position without any real chance of moving on. There was so much drama especially with shipping and receiving department. There were well qualified people passed up for job roles that others received and had no experience. Mostly based on favoritism. Good Luck
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Drama, Poor managment.
Ricoh has no idea how to grow their revenue. Company is lead by old copy machine salesmen that are just trying to get another couple of years out of their job so they can retire.

Director level positions in the services position are not motivated to grow business or revenue.
Pros
No micro management. Pay is good.
Cons
No growth and no support at the director level.
A lot of fun activities for employees, but a lot of unproductive meetings. Good workplace culture. Unnecessary meetings or too long, unproductive. Low inventory availability for sale, is hard to sale without inventory. Great customer service.
The company has been laying off for the past several years. So many changes that there is no clear future of the company.

As an employee, there is no stability and no room for advancement. Definite favoritism. Management does not always convey to entire group, only select individuals.

I liked the actual job and the benefits and compensation were good.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
no room for advancement, favoritism
In general, managers at Ricoh was tyrants. The turnover rate was high and the new management that cam in did not support the workers. Although the manager didn’t know or understand the job, he would always try to find a way to interrupt the work flow with senseless suggestions. Always lurking behind you, saying that we are working to fast because he can’t see the documents being processed. I felt like he was setting me up to fail.
No room for advancement and definite favoritism. Lack of clear training causing people in same positions to be at different levels and issues among each other.
Being Japanese owned company expected to work all hours and not a real sense of work/life balance.

Fact they have been laying off and restructuring for 5 years should cause concern to anyone working or considering working for Ricoh.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
No advancement, no clear direction of company, no standardization
Pay was good, benefits were there sooner than most employers. My position location changed regularly but that was explained when I was hired. Management for me was fine. I only left because the varying schedule did not really fit with my family life.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
for me variable schedule and locations
Ricoh is like any large multinational company: it all depends on your coworkers. My co-workers were great. However, Ricoh's wages are a bit low in the local area.
Pros
Flexible holiday scheduling
Cons
Pay low in high cost of living areas
It's an okay job for the work, though the coworkers can be rude and untrustworthy, but you can find a few that are alright. Management can get up your a r s e about things.
Pros
Full-Time work, good benefits, fairly good pay.
Cons
Pushy management, bad coworkers.
Staff leaving almost daily, redundancies in very high numbers since the start of Covid. All staff on Ricoh Europe contracts mandated to book 5 days holiday and work them, which is shocking. HR working hard to push the reduced workforce left to pick up the extra work. The ethics are really being brought into question from the board and executive levels.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Ruthless board and executive management that in Europe do not follow the same values as in Japan
Good company to work for long term. Decent pay with great benefits. Training is provided for essential job skills. The ability to plan your work schedule daily allows for freedom to work efficiently at your own pace.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacations and sick pay, 401K
Cons
The use of your own vehicke os required
Everything is so so. Average pay, average work culture. I worked at smaller office so maybe it is different at a larger corporate office. Decent chance for advancement if you work hard.M
Pros
M-F job. Not too stressful
Cons
No wow factor
Managers really want you to succeed at the job/site you are sent to. They will move you if they recieve serious complaints but if you have issues with your job site they will support you!
Very slow especially during COVID, no chance of more than 1% pay rase and little to no room for advancement. The benefits were atrocious. And lots of positions required working from multiple sites as well as mulfi schedules
Was very stressful job,20 t0 30 customers a day per tech. No matter how many service calls you did or happy customers hounded to do more. No appreciation or raises.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No promotions and 20 cents an hour raise every year. No praise for good work and no training.Low pay
Ricoh is what you make it, honestly! That concepts applies to most walks in life. The resources and opportunities are all there, how you exploit them is the question.