Ricoh

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Productive, able to learn different computer systems,good group to work for.

Review incoming stock for refresh. able to work with different computer systems. The managers I worked with were easy to work for.Given a chance to work with imaging developer to improve system, and assist legal department in backing up and clear systems for recycle process. Assist management with warehouse inventory and stock.

Pros

Pro -Productive, able to learn different computer systems

Cons

Warehouse work hot in the summer, cold in winter

Workplace politics that interfere with production

Upper Management needs to get ahold of lack of professionalism in the workplace, respect for all people regardless of there race, gender, or religion.

Pros

Ability to telecommute

Cons

Lack of respect for all

It was fun to work there.

It was very interesting because I got to know different kinds of people .. it seemed like there was always something to do..The boss that was there made it a fun place to work at .

Pros

Free lunch sometimes and holidays were celebrated

Cons

Short breaks when really busy.

Na

If I had seen the handwriting on the walls several years ago, I would have left sooner. People being "fired" when building leases came up. Benefits are not the greatest

Nice staff but...

The staff was fine, the manager great but upper management would come in and throw in all kinds of requirements to log aspects of the job and keep up spreadsheets on many aspects. You would send in a large file of data that would never be read. Only the monthly click charges mattered. Upper management completely unapproachable. Pay was ridiculously low until a new site manager came in and raised paper above subsistence levels. Good equipment, great customers, terrible company. CHEAP AND UNCARING.

Cons

Low pay, poor upper management.

Great

Fun place to work. Management was cool but very strict. I enjoyed working there and would return in a different position. Management wasn’t too bad good luck

Great Benefits

The company offers a great benefits package, with a lot of options, and you can insure your whole family. The time off is ample. With printer sales on the decline, the upper management and marketing are always chasing the newest shiny object, and they're not quite sure who they are.

Productive environment

Over 10 years at Ricoh, very little room for advancement. You have to be in charge of your own development as it is at the bottom of management’s priorities. Work production is good if you have proper processes and procedures.

Pros

Good benefits, good employee reward program, easy to request PTO

Cons

need better opportunities for employees to grow

Each job location is different

Working at Ricoh, you work within a customer company's office. Each location is different, and not all managers understand that. Depending on the size of a site, you may not have a manager on site. This can create a BIG problem when the manager has no idea what you do at your site location as they can typically wear blinders and tend to think that what works at one location, does NOT work at another.

Pros

Working at a customer office where they really appreciate your work

Cons

Managers who don't know at all what your work position is within a customers' office.

Good experience but low pay

I've worked at Ricoh for about 5 weeks. I work in the mailroom. It's a good job to gain experience, but the pay is low. It starts at $15.00 an hour, which is low. It's fairly easy work. I like the people I work with. The area manager is positive and supportive.

Pros

Good work enviornment. Easy job.

Cons

Low pay.

Poor Micro Management

RICOH does not value hard working long term employees.They will pay someone off the street with no experiencemore. Management is very unprofessional and will talk about other employees and also share their personal life issues.

Pros

Time off

Cons

Management, No raises

Getting shrink

Company are very good. but due to shrinking printing market over all.(Cause smartphone does not need print)Restructuring Company, even headquarter of Japan. They seeking new business instead of print business.

Pros

Good benefit and culture.

Cons

Company is getting shrink.

Productive Work Place

The job is busy, and sometimes stressful. You are asked to always work to better yourself, and assisted in that at all times. The management is very helpful.

Leadership is honorable

Great workplace, counter parts and customers. Team leads are strong in their expertise and management has your back regardless of the situation at hand.

Management is a joke

Management is too busy micromanaging and trying to hit impossible marks to actually care about their employees. They base everything on KPIs and these numbers are near impossible to reach unless you cheat their customers. Be prepared to work very hard with no reward.

Pros

Cons

management who couldn’t care less, unrealistic expectations.

Ricoh is a good place to work. I was only there for 2 years. Due to the pandemic I was let go of my job because of not much work to do at the work site I was at. Which is understandable. However, in terms of support and providing you with the right tools for job, Ricoh does a great job. For me personally Ricoh is a very good company to work for and their benefits are great.

The office is petty

I had been asking to work from since I got the job. I have better equipment at home then in the office and it makes absolutely no sense for me to idle in traffic to sit in an office and then go back home. During the beginning of the pandemic I still had to fight to work from home even though the government asked anyone who could to do so. Finally corporate came out with a policy that allowed those of us who could work from home to do just that.My productivity rose, I hardly took sick days, all good for the company and of course myself. But the other people in the office that couldn't work from home were so envious that they kept bugging the manager to make us come back. Unfortunately it worked, so against the corporate policy we were back in the office. And there is no one to talk to because the Management realize working from home is a threat to their job because they can't manage people outside of the office. Wages are way below what you're worth. The only raises you receive are merit increases. However the company is so cheap the merit raise is only about 1%. The other half of the time you won't get a merit increase because the company isn't profiting. Most positions don't have any upward advancement. Vacation is great, you start with 2 weeks. But I don't think the low pay really makes up for it. You take time off but then you're too poor to do anything with it.

Pros

Vacation time, health insurance, dental, vision, 401K, most people are friendly

Cons

Horrible wages, you will make more $$$ working fast food. No raises or advancement

Ricoh is a sinking ship

Its fine if you have worked with RiCOH for 30 years because you're about to retire. When all of the old workers retire, RICOH will retire with them.

Pros

No pros, they track you around like they own you

Cons

Constant badgering by upper management

Not a bad place to be

Great job, manager was delightful and really wanted to see his team succeed and move up. Vehicle reimbursement for tech position was a double edged sword. Company car would have been nice. The miles on your personal car are crazy and honestly a big under compensated for. Training was great. Overall, I liked working at Ricoh.

Pros

Lots of training, room for advancement

Cons

Company nickel and dimes employees

Not bad if you can deal with useless rhetoric

I’ve been with the company for a long time. I’ve seen many changes over the years, some good, most bad. As a company our goal has been to buy our competitors, not provide a better product. The end result of that is employees not being properly compensated. If you are looking to climb the corporate ladder, this is not the company for you. Advancement is base on sales, they are more interested in selling equipment than services. At least this is the issue in Michigan.

Pros

Lots of available training and personal development provided.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement

Bad leadership and moral

Good place if you need a job for a short period of time. No long term growth ability. No real chemistry amongst management. It is a buddy system. You either fitted in or not worked there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K

InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight