Riddell Sports Employee Reviews

Work area
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, OHOctober 12, 2018
When I started at the job it was good experience but the only thing that I needed to let it go it was because it was giving lay off in some time in the year.
Cage Line
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Work cage line and be able to produce top level equipment as well as in a timely manner. The work hours were strenuous as well as the pay was not enough to cover the hours.
Great Place to Work
Designer (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 29, 2018
Fun, creative company with a strong history and financial success.
Best part is working for a company who believes in their people and the value of their work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Changing Deadlines
Very cool job learning how helments are processed
Buffer (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHAugust 6, 2018
Very good hands on job as a buffer and sander every used helment went through us aswell as new helments that could be fixed. Managers and shift leads are always aroumd if needed help judging a helment.
Pros
Great break room lots of water tanks through facility holidays offs
Cons
Hot in some areas
The importance of school sports uniforms.
Warehouse Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 19, 2018
My typical day at Riddell, is sometimes stressf.ul , and sometimes relaxed, from day to day it changes. I learned how the smallest detail can mean so much and can have a negative or positive effect if not detected. The moral of the employees maintain the same ,no matter what our job assignments bring our way, we stay with a positive out look. the hardest part of the job, is our busy season which we work sometimes 16 hours a day. But when our busy season is over, thats even harder cause things slow down, and we become unemployed.
Pros
learning the process of quality work.
very nice place to work for
Decal specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 29, 2018
this was my favorite job loved the work loved the people management was ok and the workflow was very steady with its heavier times. very enjoyable to go to work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very stressful at times
Great company with best products in the industry
Institutional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHMay 17, 2018
Challenging but rewarding company to work for. They provide the best products in the industry and they have created a positive environment for you to grow and learn.
Fast Pace Environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHApril 26, 2018
Working 40-50 hour work weeks, with 10-12 hour days Riddell is a fast pace working environment that has one thing one their mind and that is whatever benefits them as a company. Riddell has very little advancement opportunity within the company no matter how long you've been employeed by them.
Like a family
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAMarch 13, 2018
Greatest place I ever worked! Wish it wasn't seasonal. Would work there forever! Everyone who works there is down to earth and caring! The job is something I would consider retiring from!
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Cant think of anything bad
Good. Giving employees breaks..and bonus on good attendance.
buffer/sander (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Need more understanding. Of employees. Rights , ..to much favoritism. ..towards. The wrong doers. ..layoffs in summer because of shut downs 2 months and longer ..dont be a. Person to talk to human resources. To correct a hostel. Work environment, to much of that in that employment. Work place..
Terrible trainer
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHDecember 31, 2017
I got trained for only 3 days. The guy just assumes you can figure everything out telling you once and when you have a question he gets real rude. Would not recommend paint department. No wonder why the need to fill a while shift and cant.
Pros
New building
Cons
Bad hours, cutthroat
produtive and Fun
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 29, 2017
Typical day at work
Prep Product to be shipped
load boxes onto fedex trucks
in a neat order
what I learned allot about shipping
management was great
culture was great
hardest part was when you had to dig a box out of the truck
enjoyable part atmosphere
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
temp job
Amazing company with amazing benefits
Laborer (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHNovember 14, 2017
This has been the best job I've ever had. Other Employees get upset because changes are happening. If we need to continue to be relevant in the market place, changes have to happen. New facilities, new managers/supervisors, new policies to create an environment of accountability. If you don't like working for a company that goes pays for employee funerals, has parties for every occasion, celebrates wins, encourages creativity, and rewards people for a job well done, then this is not the right company for you. Yes, we work hard. Yes, we are competitive. Yes, the company pushes you to do better. the company is FOR PROFIT. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
open vending
Cons
overtime in the busy season
Selling sports equipment
Lead Sales Rep for SC Youth Division (Former Employee) –  SCOctober 9, 2017
I was hired on and asked to have a certain amount of sales by July 31st. The issue was as a youth sales rep, all the money my clients were using were state funds (YMCA's, Youth leagues, Rec Depts, etc) and they were not allowed to spend new fiscal year money until Aud 1st. If given literally 1 more second I had more than $200,000 worth of sales lined up to be purchased.
They fired me for walking through the wrong door
Packer (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHSeptember 21, 2017
You'll be working every Saturday, and a full day too, at 8 - 10 hours. The pay sucks but you'll get 60+ hours a week. Lots of arbitrary rules that they will fire you for breaking despite work ethic and productivity. Lay off everyone from September to November.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Totalitarian enforcement of arbitrary rules
High turn over in HR department because of their rude attitiudes towards employees. Unfair promotions within company.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJuly 31, 2017
Too many managers, lower level employees not paid enough and not enough promotion within. They keep making new positions for managers and overpaying them and not paying the vast majority of employees their fair worth. Too much politics going on with the company.
Used to be a great company to work for now all of the management and some of the old management have just gotten way too greedy .
Very hostile environment
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Elyria ohioApril 7, 2017
This place has no leadership and no management. The employees do whatever they want when they want. I would recommend anyone to work here. This job is for kids right out of highschool
Best job ever. Had enough since 1989 in business.
Sales Representative/Diver (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 24, 2017
If you like calling on schools or universities and love and respect football coaches, this place is where to work. I was a driver/ sales rep. Selling new helmets, pads , and uniforms. But the bigger part of my job was very physical. Counting, packing in sacks, loading, and delivering back to our plant all the gear used during the season. We woul the recondition it all for a handsome fee. Then before the following season I would return all the reconditioned gear in cartons, all clean, sanitized, fixed, parts replaced where needed. Helmets would be disassembled, shell and interior parts checked for worthiness and safety and dependability. Most helmets were repainted after the old paint was buffed off or sandblasted. Face mask was replaced if any bare metal showed through the heavy vinyl coating. In most cases new decals were put on.
Pros
Involvement in football
Cons
Also, involvement in football after 27 years.
Fun environment, rough hours.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyed my fellow employees and my supervisors. Not fond of the hours and not fond of starting as a temp. I feel like the company makes more than enough to pay us more than they offer.
Love the fact that you can grow with Riddell great benefits
Customer support specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Riddell. Loved being on the phone and helping with individual issues. You feel of importance here and it is a great place to be.
Pros
Benifits and pay was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riddell Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about