Riddell Sports Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Designer (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 29, 2018
Fun, creative company with a strong history and financial success.
Best part is working for a company who believes in their people and the value of their work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Changing Deadlines
Great company with best products in the industry
Institutional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHMay 17, 2018
Challenging but rewarding company to work for. They provide the best products in the industry and they have created a positive environment for you to grow and learn.
Like a family
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAMarch 13, 2018
Greatest place I ever worked! Wish it wasn't seasonal. Would work there forever! Everyone who works there is down to earth and caring! The job is something I would consider retiring from!
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Cant think of anything bad
Terrible trainer
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHDecember 31, 2017
I got trained for only 3 days. The guy just assumes you can figure everything out telling you once and when you have a question he gets real rude. Would not recommend paint department. No wonder why the need to fill a while shift and cant.
Pros
New building
Cons
Bad hours, cutthroat
produtive and Fun
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 29, 2017
Typical day at work
Prep Product to be shipped
load boxes onto fedex trucks
in a neat order
what I learned allot about shipping
management was great
culture was great
hardest part was when you had to dig a box out of the truck
enjoyable part atmosphere
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
temp job
Amazing company with amazing benefits
Laborer (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHNovember 14, 2017
This has been the best job I've ever had. Other Employees get upset because changes are happening. If we need to continue to be relevant in the market place, changes have to happen. New facilities, new managers/supervisors, new policies to create an environment of accountability. If you don't like working for a company that goes pays for employee funerals, has parties for every occasion, celebrates wins, encourages creativity, and rewards people for a job well done, then this is not the right company for you. Yes, we work hard. Yes, we are competitive. Yes, the company pushes you to do better. the company is FOR PROFIT. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
open vending
Cons
overtime in the busy season
High turn over in HR department because of their rude attitiudes towards employees. Unfair promotions within company.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJuly 31, 2017
Too many managers, lower level employees not paid enough and not enough promotion within. They keep making new positions for managers and overpaying them and not paying the vast majority of employees their fair worth. Too much politics going on with the company.
Used to be a great company to work for now all of the management and some of the old management have just gotten way too greedy .
Very hostile environment
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Elyria ohioApril 7, 2017
This place has no leadership and no management. The employees do whatever they want when they want. I would recommend anyone to work here. This job is for kids right out of highschool
Best job ever. Had enough since 1989 in business.
Sales Representative/Diver (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 24, 2017
If you like calling on schools or universities and love and respect football coaches, this place is where to work. I was a driver/ sales rep. Selling new helmets, pads , and uniforms. But the bigger part of my job was very physical. Counting, packing in sacks, loading, and delivering back to our plant all the gear used during the season. We woul the recondition it all for a handsome fee. Then before the following season I would return all the reconditioned gear in cartons, all clean, sanitized, fixed, parts replaced where needed. Helmets would be disassembled, shell and interior parts checked for worthiness and safety and dependability. Most helmets were repainted after the old paint was buffed off or sandblasted. Face mask was replaced if any bare metal showed through the heavy vinyl coating. In most cases new decals were put on.
Pros
Involvement in football
Cons
Also, involvement in football after 27 years.
Fun environment, rough hours.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyed my fellow employees and my supervisors. Not fond of the hours and not fond of starting as a temp. I feel like the company makes more than enough to pay us more than they offer.
Hostile environment
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 9, 2016
It's a very diverse company and a very hostile environment. The leadership at this company isn't good at all. I wouldn't suggest working for this company
Good Company to work for
Silk Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 5, 2016
This is my full time job I'm looking for a second job. Super group of coworkers and upper management I am allowed to use my experience as a printer far more than in my previous job.
Industy Leader
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elyria OH.February 11, 2014
Expand territory
Penetrate accounts
Open new accounts
Demenstrate benifits and advantages
labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Langeloth, PAMay 3, 2013
the company went out of business, I was basically the handyman/ laborer
Productive Labor
Confirmer (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 20, 2012
Confirm and deliver every order. Look for rushes or cancellations. Print labels. Help out when needed.
Great job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley GANovember 28, 2011
Great company to work for. I learned a lot about football equipment and the safety that goes into making the equipment. I also learned about the reconditioning of football equipment each year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riddell Sports. Our community is ready to answer.