RideZum Employee Reviews

No communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Applied for the position, paid the 100 dollars for fingerprinting and never heard anything. My background is clean, I've volunteered in hospitals and work in the medical field, ive done fingerprints before, my car was approved and my driving. I emailed 5 times and finally got a response that someone would contact me...never heard anything but I received emails to download the app and log on after my scheduled call with a rep. No one called. No email. Nothing. Look at the yelp reviews, even complaints of lack of communication from families as well. I even received shirts that are now in the trash. What a joke of a startup.
Pros
Cons
No communication and waste of money for paying for your background check.
Happy being a Zum driver
Zumer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 24, 2017
Zum is great. The passengers are never a bother since they're friendly kids, and super cute to boot. The fares drivers receive are much higher than the other ride sharing companies I've driven with. I can even build a relationship with some of the kids and families since they tend to be repeat customers.

Best part is I know where I'm going the day before and can schedule my appointments and errands appropriately. I also don't need to worry about drunk, crazy passengers, or anything like that.
Pros
Higher fares
Cons
Not 24 hours
Love Zum and the Zum Family!
Kids' Driver and Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 16, 2017
After being a stay at home mom for 15 years, Zum provided an opportunity to return to the workplace and utilize my caregiving skills. I am happy to be working with kids and helping families with their transportation needs while earning money. I enjoy the flexible schedule and the chance to meet up with other drivers on meet-ups to exchange ideas. I feel very supported by management while driving for Zum and they offer some incentive programs to increase your earnings.The team at Zum is outstanding they will work with you if you ever need anything, and they are always there to make sure you are doing okay, and making sure all of us feel like family. Way to go Zum!!
Pros
Flexible hours, highest pay, Meet ups, Incentive Programs
Cons
No cons!
Awesome work experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 16, 2017
It is a blessing to wake up and enjoy working for Zum. The company attracts top talent and truly the possibilities are endless.Benefits are amazing and the Zum culture is wonderful. They also foster an inclusive work space and encourage everyone to have their voice heard.You feel at home working and its also like a second home with all the different things you can do.
Pros
Free lunches, Unlimited PTO, Happy hours, Great management
Could not have asked for a better place to work!
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 15, 2017
Zum has an incredible culture. It is an open environment where anyone can ask a question. There is an intensity about the work, and everyone is very smart. There is also a lot of openness. One striking example that I have rarely seen is the willingness to send confidential information openly throughout the company to engage and inform everyone on the latest issues on policies or company achievements. It signals a high level of trust. The leadership team is also very open and sincere.
Pros
Own Boss, free lunches and snacks, Unlimited PTO
Cons
Can't think of any Cons
Fun, productive, and collaborative environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 14, 2016
Zum promotes a transparent space where you're able to ask questions and receive the support you need. There's a lot to get done and everyone bands together when it's needed. There are morning stand-ups and evening recaps to go through what we'll do for that day and what needs to be accomplished the next day so that we're all on the same page which allows us to brainstorm if we need to focus on other tasks. We're all here to achieve the same goal and we work hard to get the job done.

We're a small but mighty and fun team! :)