Ridge Corporation Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
No organization
worker (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHApril 29, 2018
The management made many bad decisions and blamed the workers. My boss was no where to be found when I had questions. I was in the office and not in the warehouse. In the summer the warehouse was like an oven and employees would be close to heat exhaustion.
Not a good place to work
Pros
Company picnic, company shares when they make a profit, better health insurance.
Cons
Warehouse WAY too hot in summer, poor mgmt, mgmt not the best
Fun and eciting atmosphere
Line Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHMarch 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working at ridge corporation. Its family oriented and treat you well. Workers in there are one of a kind and will help you with anything. supervisors are friendly and know how to help people. it was fun and exciting. you were usually always doing something new so no repetitive work. Overall its a great company to work for.
Pros
Excellent benefits, amazing people and a great working atmosphere
Cons
A lot of fiberglass
Poor management
scab (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHDecember 15, 2017
They need help understanding that you have to.. Take care of your people !!! They are what make your company a great place to work or not a great place to work...
Pros
It's a paycheck !!
Cons
Hot-Itchy-low pay
Hot and itchy
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHNovember 29, 2017
This is a private company, notorious for allowing favoritism. Hard work and commitment are frequently overlooked traits. No guarantee for advancement
High turnover rate
Heavy Lift member (Former Employee) –  Enta/Pataskala, OH.October 3, 2017
Owner and management was very rude, no training, very unsafe, basically was a joke of a company, not to mention they pay the forklift drivers way more than the line workers that work way more and a lot harder, forklift drivers make almost $20hr. and don't do half the work.
Pros
free water
Cons
everything else
Look for better
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 11, 2017
I worked for this plantation of a company for 3 yrs I was lied to from day one I was a forklift driver and was treated like a modern day slave management is maid up of old college and child hood friends who stick up for each other and are clueless on how to manage your maid to work long hrs for low pay and no raise find a new place to work for trust me leaving was the best thing I ever did
Pros
Free bottle water
Cons
Management is as smart as a sack of balls
Lied to and misled. Miserable
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 9, 2017
I was set on Rhonda, their main production line which generates a massive amount of heat to which Ridge's answer to the 100+ degree warehouse is scattered fans and an open door.
It's seriously hot in this place, and on top of that the fiberglass is EVERYWHERE. By the end of your day you look like a twilight vampire due to all the glass, and that stuff definitely gets in your lungs.
The environment is very unhealthy and has few safety precautions.
Most employees are there for only a short period. In the few months I was there I witnessed at least 15 people come and go, most before lunch on their first day.
Management is poor and sometimes non-existant, and if there's a problem at all, the employees take the blame.
There is little to no training. I was thrown on a position day 1 and taught nothing for weeks.
Most of the employees are angry and annoyed by the heat and fiberglass, so there isnt a welcoming nature to the job.

Employees get benefits after 30 days.
The company offers free bottled water.
I asked for new gloves once, and was told to present my old ones to prove that they were destroyed or I had to pay for them.

I will never work here again, or recommend anyone work here.

0/5 stars all around.
Pros
Bottled water was free. Breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Everything else.
Very unorganized place to work. Supervisor have you doing one thang and ask another
Worker (Former Employee) –  EntaJuly 30, 2017
Forklift drivers,very unprofessional. You tell them you need material to your line you may wait up to an hour if not longer. Very hot in there .owners are very nice trust me.but they need way more and better training, they go through people like you go through water.and the point system is a joke trust me very bad insurance,pay way to low the job should pay 17.00 dollars,an hour to start and more with shift difference .they can't even keep supervisors there..they want you to train people with no raise wow lol what a,joke. People look harder and you can find,better trust me.....
Pros
Free coffie
Cons
Very poor place to work
Awesome company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Small company that gives you plenty of room for advancement! Great job culture, management is really hands on they help on the lines when needed and always there to help out with anything. Owners of the company are on the plant floor a good bit making sure everything is running well, and will answer any questions you ask, very easy to talk to. Decent benefits. overall a good place to work
Pros
Free bottled water, hot chocolate and coffee, easy going, not just a number, owners are friendly and know you by name.
Cons
communication can be lacking at times
Made truck trailer walls
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Didn't like it had to cut fiberglass all day had my family braking out in rashes didn't go good ..................................................
Poor culture
Production Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  etna, OHMarch 3, 2015
The management has began to decline with the growth of the company. What began as a great place to work can change fast as management does.
Pros
3 daily breaks
Cons
expensive healthcare, Night shift, Mandatory Overtime
fun job overall, but management is questionable
fabrication (Former Employee) –  Pataskala OhJanuary 22, 2014
Very high turnover rate. Always made you feel like you were replaceable