Ridgecrest Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Very Busy
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 11, 2018
Arrive at 6 am check emails start building invoices. Mail claims out. Days were busy not enough employees for the work load.

management was always there to help and listen when there was a problem.

The culture was ok

hardest part of job was at months end to get all monies posted and the conflict between team member.

The most enjoyable was helping patients with there statements

PROS - Was able to work 4 10 hour days

CONS - To much gossip between team members
Pros
able to 4 10 hour days
Cons
to much gossip
Very informative work environment
ROP Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed volunteering at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital because it showed me the responsibilities I would have encountered had I went into the medical field. The employees at the hospital were very informative and attentive to me during my time there, and taught me many things about the medical field and how to make patients feel as comfortable as possible during their stay.
Pros
Working with the patients and helping them in a tme of need.
Cons
Seeing patients in pain, or not being able to help as much as i'd lke.
Respiratory Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 17, 2018
Great place to work with innovative technology. The management was good and worked well with employees. The hospital was an overall great place to work and I would still be there if it weren't so far from home.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is getting things done right the first time.
Biomed Engineer, per Hour (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555May 23, 2018
I'm honored to be part of Ridgecrest hospital and very humble that I have learn things every single day.
management is superb. Workplace culture is like a family.
The cahllenging part of the job is to get things done effectively,
effeciently and a timely manner.
Pros
People friendly
Cons
I don't have one
Terrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMay 12, 2018
This place has the worst atmosphere of anyplace I’ve ever worked. You’re expected to continuously maintain a high work level even when the people around you are getting fired. You just absorb their responsibilities and do it all in the same amount of time.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Don’t get used to the nice people, they’re going to get fired.
Bella Sara will Kill your ambitions
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMay 11, 2018
The co-workers were horrible. Very self- centered and judgemental administration. They will lie on CNA's because they cannot afford to lose LVN's. The rest of the hospital was great.
great place for advancement
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMarch 29, 2018
I loved working here. While it can be stressfull, its a hospital. They all are. My only complaint would be that there is a very DISTINCT line in between management and the average workers. Some dont even make eye contact with you which can make work a little disappointing.
It ok
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMarch 5, 2018
Its ok to work here as long as you keep to yourself. They watch every move you make. Management makes you feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't mind working here again in a different area
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Poor Management
LVN (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Unfortunately this place could really be great if it wasn't the typical "who you know" atmosphere. Most managers are inadequate at best, and the company hires from within. Not from within the company but within the family. If you work here and have a sister, brother, mother, cousin, in-law that works here to and as soon as your kids graduate high school their guaranteed a job too--YOU'RE HIRED! Most employees have no formal education and have been put in positions like pawns on a chess board. Due to the high population of LVN's, this facility allows LVN's to be in management. This is the only place that I have ever seen this happen. So in short, some LVN's feel they are better than other LVN's and other medical staff. Most of the nurses that come out of the local college are not trained properly, and have NO true critical skills, I know because I am one of those who attended in town. I feel that if I went to places like LA, or San Diego, I would be completely lost and I guess that is why so many people here stay here. They can't make it anywhere else. God only knows why I came back. Everyone in Ridgecrest wants to be a nurse but many lack the critical thinking skills and personable, approachable personality that patients need. On top of everything else, no paid holidays. You have to use your PTO to take a federal holiday off.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor Management, Zero Paid Holidays
Work Place
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Your hours are usually different every week, and things can happen unexpectedly. I enjoy having the opportunity to help individuals physically, so this job is perfect for that. The hardest part of the job would be having going from 40+ hours down to 9 hours the next week and not having somewhat consistency. Seeing my clients is what brightens my day.

Want to know more about Ridgecrest Regional Hospital?

Ask a question
Sloppy management and the supervisor is a waste of time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Everyone is great to work with.But when it comes to the department manger she is horrible and is always making excuses for the sloppy/ poor of a job her supervisor does in the department.
Pros
Great workers, good benifits
Cons
Lack of management, lazy supervisor
A very friendly environment that encouraged learning
RISK MANAGEMENT INTERN (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CADecember 10, 2017
The Risk Management Department at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital has great workers who are supportive of each other. I was able to learn a lot from them, and they were all very helpful and dedicated to their work.
Hospital
Medical Secretary/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2017
The hospital was a great place for a job however, did lack management and life/work balance. The manager of the dental department was rude, unprofessional and unwilling to work with your needs.
Good benefits
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 24, 2017
Good benefits and good coworkers. Management does not listen to concerns or work related issues. Departments are under staffed and overworked. Would not recommend under current working conditions.
Hospital overall
Janitorial and housekeeping on a daily basis (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. People are great. I have worked here for 4 plus years and enjoyed my job. I work graveyards and need to a day job. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Wonderful staff and Awesome patients
Front Office Resource Lead/ Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555September 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital. I really love helping others and working as a team with co-workers. I enjoy the smiles and the team work. Everyone smiles as you pass through the halls. It has been a great place to work. I hope to continue to work and grow with Ridgecrest Regional Hospital.
Modern technology & Manager is good
Radiology, CT & MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555August 31, 2017
good place to work, very Cliquish but good pay & benefits. S-ray very friendly. Lots of room to learn & grow. CT & MRI are modernized & X-ray equipment very up-to-date.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Will over work you.
I dont get any perks because:
Long Term Care Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 31, 2017
I only work 16 hours per week as per my choice. Love my colleagues and supervisor. I love working with the Skill Nursing Unit as it requires more than just filling orders
Pros
great place to work
Cons
I wish it is a tad closer to home for me.
Poor upper management
RN (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555August 16, 2017
It has a culture of backstabbing and no support. If you disagree with the CEO you will be terminated no question. It does not promote advancement unless you are an intern of the CEO . The culture is one of intimidation and retaliation.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Poor management.
Enjoyable people and a good culture
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 7, 2017
Management has done a good job of making the majority of employees here comfortable and offers avenues to explore after being in your starting role for a years time.