Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association Employee Reviews

Not a stable environment
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMay 14, 2019
Without regard for people's careers, they recruit and hire people, waste time and resources bringing them up to speed and then due to finances,have significant lay offs.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
HH agency
RN (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJanuary 5, 2019
I worked here briefly. The job that was promised was not the job that was given to me. Promised territory continued to expand without warning or discussion, without fair compensation . Weekend supervisors extremely disorganized leading to missed visits, last minute visits and excessive driving. Also, the breakfast and lunches that are an employee perk are difficulty to attend unless Ridgefield is your assigned territory which is monopolized by a coveted few. Patients constantly complained about lack of communication on the part of the office staff. I have worked at 2 other home health agencies that were managed much better. One of the things that bothered me the most was that during a snow storm the office was closing early so the office staff could get home safely yet they were calling me on the road to add patients to my day. Not my kind of leadership. The office managers (all RN’s) should’ve left the office to see patients so we could all get off the road earlier. Not really sure how they have such a great reputation....
Pros
Cons
“Bait and switch” employment tactics, disorganized management
Don’t waste your time
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  CTJuly 16, 2018
This is a terrible place to work they hire anyone and place you anywhere, the management is all over the place and the staff are useless , they will put you on a case and replace you with no warning leaving you jobless
Nurses beware
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMarch 13, 2018
Any nurse thinking about working here should be cautious. They have had high turnover for at least 2 years, maybe longer. They require a high number of patient visits each day. Compensation isn't competitive. Nurses can probably do better at another agency in the area.
Very well run agency and is a positive work environment.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJune 20, 2017
The RVNA provides an excellent balance between emphasizing excellent patient care, they strive to create a great teamwork type of atmosphere, have plenty of available support when needed, makes all the efforts to ensure following all rules and guidelines, and has many great employees on the frontline doing the clinical work and behind the scenes to assist in creating a very well-rounded organization which continues to grow. Many smiling faces and a state of the art facility as well! I believe it has won a top workplace award 5x now as well, which says something!
Company you can be proud to be a part of.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTApril 25, 2017
RVNA provides valuable services to the community. My experience has been a positive one. Meetings are never a waste of time. Co-workers are commited to doing their best for the company. Good support in the field.
People friendly, great staff in the field and in the office
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTApril 2, 2017
I really enjoy working for Ridgefield VNA!! I feel that my hard work and dedication to patients is truly appreciated. There is a great sense of community with the staff. Everyone working together towards a common goal, treating our patients with the highest level of care. We have regular meetings that center around patients needs and staff development. Open Communication is important to me to provide the best possible care to patients. Ridgefield VNA is a wonderful place to work, happy in my choice to be part of the team.
Pros
Team focused, Flexibility in the day, great resources for help or questions
Great place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMarch 27, 2017
Always something new to learn and this company supports ongoing learning experiences. The culture is supportive and caring, Management has an open door policy and will work with you to meet your needs. Hardest part of the job is learning new regulations and requirements if you are new to home care. Love the people and the patients! Interdisciplinary case conferences are so important for the on going care and communication about our patients, they take place weekly
Pros
The little things they do to show they care, management, flexible schedules
Cons
Regulations
Not a great environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMarch 21, 2017
Worked more than I was paid. Salary not competitive. Territory changing all of the time. Managers lack support and understanding. Did not fee like I was part of a cohesive team.
Pros
Territory, management
Management genuinely cares and shows appreciation
Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTMarch 1, 2017
Management genuinely cares about the employees. They offer lots of perks to show their appreciation - catered breakfasts/lunches every other month, free membership at the Ridgefield Parks & Rec center and just recently a free trip to a local salon with co-workers.
The culture is very team oriented where management truly listens to their employees. The atmosphere is caring and supportive - a great place to work!
Great place to work!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJanuary 5, 2017
I've been with RVNA for almost 2 years and I have never worked with brighter more dedicated people in 34 years of nursing. We are truly appreciated for our hard work and the leadership team is amazing!!
Come join us!!
Great place to work!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTDecember 12, 2016
Warm, friendly co-workers with the organization's mission top of mind: to provide excellent care those most in need throughout Fairfield County. You can sense the level of dedication from everyone here and I'm proud to be part of such a great team dedicated to serving the greater community!
Pros
flexible schedules, super family friendly, great culture
Cons
none yet
review
Registered Nurse, Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 23, 2015
Typical day is taking a look at the clients that I have for the day. Organize my travel that is the most efficient. Call each client to give them a heads up of the time I will be arriving. Maintain professional appearance and attire at all times and go do nursing visits for the day.
Pros
Food is always a plus, for the past 25 years of employment I have received good food packages.
Cons
associates that don't work with the team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association. Our community is ready to answer.

Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association Reviews by Location