Ridley's Family Markets Employee Reviews

its alright job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTOctober 30, 2018
sometimes the managers were unhelpful, pay was alright, the machines there suck because they would freeze, everything was pretty much easy to do. Overall ridleys was alright, not much to complain about but did complain about certain things
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
breaks
It is fast paced
stocking
Helping customers
checking in inventory
checking in vendors

The hardest part is they change their prices too much and it is hard to keep up with just one person doing the job.
Pros
good people
Cons
to many changes
Great customer based company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVOctober 1, 2018
Great customer base!! Store has some room for advancement. Scheduling and dependability of co workers is a negative aspect of this company. Has several great management members but upper managements lacking. Store director very competent and his decades of experience are very valuable and visible to employees but the , Assistant store director needs replaced and is caused for very poor employee moral.
Pros
Wonderful set of co workers.
Cons
Very dissapointing choice in a Assistant Store Director
Will not be a good one.
Freezer Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTOctober 1, 2018
The Manager that hired me was awesome to work for. The other managers that took after him were not helpful, and were out for themselves unless they liked you.
Pros
Learned what I don't want in life
Cons
Store needs a lot of help
Busy, Fun
Assistant Bakery Manager and Baker (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 18, 2018
Ridley's has become my learning curve for Management. I have been trained for management of my own shop, I am currently the Assistant Bakery Manager. If my boss was unavailable I would be perfectly fine running shop on a day to day basis. I love my job however I am currently having issues with some Management, difference of opinions and respect. The hardest part of my job is to know when to take a break and just stop, I am constantly on the go and have a hard time being okay with taking my breaks.
Worked w/ school schedule, but way overworked
HEAD CAKE DECORATOR (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 10, 2018
It was an okay job for being in school because the hours were pretty flexible, but beyond that, I think they are a very poor quality store that overworks their employees, does not hire the help they need and instead makes their current employees compensate for it, and then does not pay them what they deserve; the stress level is always high. If your department does not make enough money, you are slashed hours and employees, and still expected to do the same job, same quality, and still try to make numbers positive. It is a Loose-Loose situation company. It is not worth your time if you enjoy feeling good and successful at work.
Pros
flexible with school
Cons
overworked, overstressed, does not hire the help they need and instead forces current employees to make up the difference, loose-loose situations
Absolutely oblivious poor management!!
Former member (Former Employee) –  NevadaAugust 8, 2018
Management is not accessible for questions or concerns. They treat their employees very poorly and do not take steps to get to the actual roots of problems within the company- they start/spread/continue with the rumors that flow through the store. I wouldn't recommend working there unless you absolutely need a job. If you have worked for the company for a period of time, management seems to look the other way when there is reports of employees doing illicit drugs on premises- even while on shift. Not a healthy environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
no paid holidays/sick etc.., poor management, criticised daily, higher ups do not actually listen to find out what is going on.
okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, COJuly 17, 2018
Manager is unable to retain staff. Manager only schedules a week at a time. Very difficult to plan any family activities around work schedule as you can request days off but it is not always granted.
Ridleys was a fun job because of the awesome customers.
Grocery Cashier - Ivan Mussels (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDJuly 11, 2018
Ridleys is a great part time job. The customers make everyday worth it. It is fast paced and comfortable to work at. The pay was just horrible for the effort you put forth.
Sucky Place to work, would not advise
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Middleton, IDJuly 10, 2018
Ridleys family market is a terrible place to live because the co-workers don't care about you and are always looking for a way to stab you in the back and they don't pay you very well. I haven't gotten a raise in the three years I have worked there and I am the only one in my department still there from when I started my job. The manager never orders enough and were always running out of things because of it. It's a terrible place to work and I dread going to work each day.
The transportation dept. had some quirks, but ultimately, in the end, teamwork would prove to be the key to getting the job done.
Safety Director / Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 27, 2018
Fast paced environment, wonderful people to work with . Warehouse system had +/- as well. Docking area needed improvements to dock drain system, & entry/exit area but overall one of the better companies to work for.
Pros
Your coworkers become your family
Cons
Buying your own company logo clothing, No Company employee parties unless you've been employed there for x time.
Fast paced
Freight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Highland, UTJune 13, 2018
Fast paced great people until the the end but got to have breaks and got to listen to our music and whatever we are if we weren't able to pay for what we wanted at night we could pay it in the morning
Pros
Breaks, heathcare, 401k
Cons
Free lunches
Great manager but bad CEO
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morgan, UTJune 11, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that you may be the only one working, I feel as it is like herding sheep, everybody else wants to do there own thing. And it’s hard to work in an environment like that.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work with great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDMay 25, 2018
As a cashier there were times when there were not a lot of customers and it could get boring, but I took the initiative to help the manager stock shelves. I was glad to have something to do.
Pros
Great co-workers, could stay busy.
Cons
Not having a set schedule.
Bagger/Courtesy Clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buhl, IDMay 20, 2018
It is an okay job. Nothing offered to the courtesy clerk/bagger. No raises. Minimum pay. Management is amazing but other employees are rude to workers and customers. It is a daily thing to get yelled at by one of the cashiers. People rarely did their own job.
Pros
Lunch, two breaks
Cons
No raises, no paid time off
Fast paced
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 14, 2018
Good manager, good company. Paid vacation for a week after a year of working there. The supervisor was a guy who not everyone got along with. Rewarding job at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid vacation after a year
Cons
Hard work.
i loved my manager
Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 11, 2018
Employees know that ceo doesn't care for them, so there is no loyalty.The managers are more than willing to work with my busy schedule but the customers can be your worst nightmare!
Pros
Employee discount was also helpful if you purchase your groceries there.
Cons
Constantly understaffed.Pay is well below par.
Fun workplace, Strict managers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellington, COMay 8, 2018
Employees were great to work with. everyone had a problem with one or more of the managers and a lot of people left because of the way managers treated employees.
An okay place to work but not for long term
Freezer Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyrum, UTMay 3, 2018
My hours have been cut from 40 hrs to 32 hrs and sometimes even less than that. Management is satisfactory. I have minimal guidance from upper management. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up my back freezer.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Stingy on raises
Good job while going to school
Cashier/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morgan, UTApril 12, 2018
It was an easy going job that works around your schedule if your going to school. They also help pay for school if you have worked there for 5 years. Upper management felt unorganized, and didn't really take the time understand the problems in their stores. Instead they would make assumptions based off of the first thing they seen when they visited on occasion. Other than upper management the work there at Ridleys was pretty good compared to the many other jobs I had been through, as long as you do your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ridley's Family Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9