Ridley's Family Markets Employee Reviews

Absolutely oblivious poor management!!
Former member (Former Employee) –  NevadaAugust 8, 2018
Management is not accessible for questions or concerns. They treat their employees very poorly and do not take steps to get to the actual roots of problems within the company- they start/spread/continue with the rumors that flow through the store. I wouldn't recommend working there unless you absolutely need a job. If you have worked for the company for a period of time, management seems to look the other way when there is reports of employees doing illicit drugs on premises- even while on shift. Not a healthy environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
no paid holidays/sick etc.., poor management, criticised daily, higher ups do not actually listen to find out what is going on.
okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, COJuly 17, 2018
Manager is unable to retain staff. Manager only schedules a week at a time. Very difficult to plan any family activities around work schedule as you can request days off but it is not always granted.
Sucky Place to work, would not advise
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Middleton, IDJuly 10, 2018
Ridleys family market is a terrible place to live because the co-workers don't care about you and are always looking for a way to stab you in the back and they don't pay you very well. I haven't gotten a raise in the three years I have worked there and I am the only one in my department still there from when I started my job. The manager never orders enough and were always running out of things because of it. It's a terrible place to work and I dread going to work each day.
The transportation dept. had some quirks, but ultimately, in the end, teamwork would prove to be the key to getting the job done.
Safety Director / Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 27, 2018
Fast paced environment, wonderful people to work with . Warehouse system had +/- as well. Docking area needed improvements to dock drain system, & entry/exit area but overall one of the better companies to work for.
Pros
Your coworkers become your family
Cons
Buying your own company logo clothing, No Company employee parties unless you've been employed there for x time.
Fast paced
Freight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Highland, UTJune 13, 2018
Fast paced great people until the the end but got to have breaks and got to listen to our music and whatever we are if we weren't able to pay for what we wanted at night we could pay it in the morning
Pros
Breaks, heathcare, 401k
Cons
Free lunches
Great manager but bad CEO
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morgan, UTJune 11, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that you may be the only one working, I feel as it is like herding sheep, everybody else wants to do there own thing. And it’s hard to work in an environment like that.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work with great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDMay 25, 2018
As a cashier there were times when there were not a lot of customers and it could get boring, but I took the initiative to help the manager stock shelves. I was glad to have something to do.
Pros
Great co-workers, could stay busy.
Cons
Not having a set schedule.
Bagger/Courtesy Clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buhl, IDMay 20, 2018
It is an okay job. Nothing offered to the courtesy clerk/bagger. No raises. Minimum pay. Management is amazing but other employees are rude to workers and customers. It is a daily thing to get yelled at by one of the cashiers. People rarely did their own job.
Pros
Lunch, two breaks
Cons
No raises, no paid time off
Fast paced
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 14, 2018
Good manager, good company. Paid vacation for a week after a year of working there. The supervisor was a guy who not everyone got along with. Rewarding job at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid vacation after a year
Cons
Hard work.
i loved my manager
Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 11, 2018
Employees know that ceo doesn't care for them, so there is no loyalty.The managers are more than willing to work with my busy schedule but the customers can be your worst nightmare!
Pros
Employee discount was also helpful if you purchase your groceries there.
Cons
Constantly understaffed.Pay is well below par.
Fun workplace, Strict managers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellington, COMay 8, 2018
Employees were great to work with. everyone had a problem with one or more of the managers and a lot of people left because of the way managers treated employees.
An okay place to work but not for long term
Freezer Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyrum, UTMay 3, 2018
My hours have been cut from 40 hrs to 32 hrs and sometimes even less than that. Management is satisfactory. I have minimal guidance from upper management. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up my back freezer.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Stingy on raises
Good job while going to school
Cashier/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morgan, UTApril 12, 2018
It was an easy going job that works around your schedule if your going to school. They also help pay for school if you have worked there for 5 years. Upper management felt unorganized, and didn't really take the time understand the problems in their stores. Instead they would make assumptions based off of the first thing they seen when they visited on occasion. Other than upper management the work there at Ridleys was pretty good compared to the many other jobs I had been through, as long as you do your job.
Wonderful environment with certain individuals
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTApril 9, 2018
One manager, would NEVER leave her home life at home. She constantly took it out on her employees with very little professional ability. Due to this, at least 4 people, myself included had quit on her. I had talked to the tore manager multiple times about it. However, nothing was going to change.
Stay far away as you can!
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 4, 2018
Everything about this company is a nightmare. Store manager make fun of the handicap employees. Mark Ridley doesn't care about his employees by keeping the store manager and under paying all his store employees. Flat out one of the worst places I have ever work.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fun work environment
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 19, 2018
The surrounding co-workers were great and very understanding of what was asked of them. The upper management was helpful and well trained. The quality of work was enjoyable.
stressful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDFebruary 15, 2018
stressful work, employees are pretty nice wish the pay and the hours where better but it was a job so I can't complain left because the pay was to low and I needed better benefits
Not a lot of benefits
Pharmacist-in-Charge (Current Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVFebruary 5, 2018
most people stay because it is less stressful than a corporate company but the benefits are almost non-existent. high deductible on copays on health benefits. current store manager in unsupportive. has a negative outlook on most tasks. I don't see the store progressing because nothing is being done to advance it.
they have no respect for there employees
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinedale, WYJanuary 30, 2018
i would come in and start helping costores and them in the middle be expeded to stop helping that coster and go do something else. i also was expded to do my maniger job when i wasn't getting the pay or had the experines to do so.
Small Company Mentality
Floral Director (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 21, 2018
With Ridleys expanding as much as it has. It still have the mentality of owning just a handful of stores.
This which is not a great business practice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ridley's Family Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9