Ridleys Family Market Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Fast paced
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 14, 2018
Good manager, good company. Paid vacation for a week after a year of working there. The supervisor was a guy who not everyone got along with. Rewarding job at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid vacation after a year
Cons
Hard work.
An okay place to work but not for long term
Freezer Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyrum, UTMay 3, 2018
My hours have been cut from 40 hrs to 32 hrs and sometimes even less than that. Management is satisfactory. I have minimal guidance from upper management. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep up my back freezer.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Stingy on raises
Wonderful environment with certain individuals
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTApril 9, 2018
One manager, would NEVER leave her home life at home. She constantly took it out on her employees with very little professional ability. Due to this, at least 4 people, myself included had quit on her. I had talked to the tore manager multiple times about it. However, nothing was going to change.
Stay far away as you can!
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 4, 2018
Everything about this company is a nightmare. Store manager make fun of the handicap employees. Mark Ridley doesn't care about his employees by keeping the store manager and under paying all his store employees. Flat out one of the worst places I have ever work.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
stressful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDFebruary 15, 2018
stressful work, employees are pretty nice wish the pay and the hours where better but it was a job so I can't complain left because the pay was to low and I needed better benefits
Stressful and tiring
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVDecember 28, 2017
The management was very poor in the bakery. They kept quoting and new ones were being hired. I was basically the only person who did just about anything back there. I would clean everyday and it would be trashed the very next day.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 23, 2017
If you like Gossip
Lazy co-workers
Lots of Favoritism
Horrible managemen
Want u to do more for less pay
few of the many problems with this company
ok place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDSeptember 24, 2017
good place to work while attending college. pay not competitive with other supermarket chains. supervisors are easy to work with policies on breaks and smoking are unfair to employees
A great place if you know what you're doing!
Journeyman Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Ely, NVJuly 12, 2017
All in all Ridleys was a pleasant company to work for. They seemed like as long as you knew what you were doing they trusted you to do so. Many employees seemed to complain about how horribly they were being treated when in reality it was their first job and hadn't seen some rougher places. The management was a bit all over the place and the training was brief to put it nicely. But they did their best to help customers when they had issues and put the employees before themselves which in my experience is rare.
Pros
Willing to work around schedule, very apologetic should a customer be dissatisfied
Cons
Management seemed confused, Back room was always mixed around
Entry level job, general cashiering/stocking experience.
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, IDJune 20, 2017
Ridley's Family Markets is a small company, and it seems they aren't prepared to pay their employees more than the bare minimum. Overtime is discouraged, and rarely do employees receive raises.
Pros
Two breaks plus lunch
Cons
No overtime
fast paced enjoyable place to work and grow
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2017
I was able to grow within myself as a manager. i had excellent managers and owners to learn from. i enjoyed being able to provide a product with high quality and low costs.
Pros
bonus
Cons
loss of communication
Liked the people I worked with in the deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 20, 2017
Management is horrible. In the 1 1/2 years I was there no one bothered to introduce themselves. Exception meat department. First talk with GM would be 10 months after I started for my 90 day review!
Pros
Fun deli workers and great deli boss
Cons
Food! Customer service employee treats everyone poorly
Small town community pharmacy
Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist-in-Charge (Current Employee) –  Kemmerer, WYMay 20, 2017
Ridleys Family Market Pharmacies' main focus is providing pharmacy services in small towns and as a result you get to know your patients in a variety of settings. As the pharmacist, you become well known throughout the entire community.
The work culture here is relax but efficient. If you like small towns this may be the pharmacy for you!
Pros
Corporate management is very accessible
Cons
No paid holidays
Terrible place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDMay 11, 2017
The worse place I have ever worked! I worked there for 2 long years. Pay is unfair. Favoritism is rampant. I signed up for the retirement plan. Never put money in like they were supposed to. Do yourself a favor , don't go to work there!
Pros
Cons
Low pay.
Very caring business that only want to see you strive into being a better person
stoker (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone at Ridleys Family Market are caring and loving individuals. They really take pride in what they do to make sure the customers are always happy and they are giving back to the community. What I learned there is how to be a positive role model and to better my working experience. The management there is one of the best ive worked in or seen they are a local store that has been in Middleton for years and they are always willing to help any local charity's. My co-workers were great people and welcomed me with open arms and were great instructors. The hardest part about the job was just the late hours I had to put in it took me awhile to get use to the grave yard shift but other than that the business is a great place to work
Bad work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  NVJanuary 17, 2017
Corporate management are very dishonest. Benefits are weak. Their is poor company support for HR, IT, etc. Equipment, software are old and outdated. Drama, gossip, stress reign supreme and it starts at the very top in this company. As an employee, the company will cheat you and take advantage of you at every opportunity.
Pros
Cons
See above
Fun job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hyrum, UTJanuary 12, 2017
I loved my manager at the time. I loved my co workers. It was a fun place to work for . I am not sure if it is the same. I know when I shop there nothing is ever priced right
Pros
Good prices
Cons
Prices are always wrong
Bad Place to work.
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  WyomingNovember 16, 2016
The CEO and pharmacy dm are smiling villains. The pharmacy is always understaffed. The environment is full of stress. The store is always full of drama.
Pros
Great example of a bad work place
Cons
Understaffing, drama, CEO on down are bad managers
The worst place to work!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kemmerer, WYSeptember 19, 2016
Stay far away from this place. The one pharmacist in Kemmerer is the 5th pharmacist in 2 years, and the pharmacist who is there cannot be trusted. Ridley's pharmacies are under investigation by the Idaho and Wyoming Board of Pharmacy. Any Ridley's you work is deplorably staffed. The computer system is the very worst system you can use.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 15, 2016
If you like constant drama, favoritism, employees two-faceing you, management that doesn't care about you, hostile work environment from co-workers, and co-workers that are just the worst. Then this is the place for you. My recommendation, pass this train wreck by and find someplace better that will actually care about what goes on inside the store.
Pros
A job
Cons
The management