Ridout Lumber Company Employee Reviews

Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 26, 2019
Where to begin worst company management is bipolar u never know where u stand tell you that you earned lay raises and never recieved them. They attack you for social media stuff that has nothing to do with the company. You never know if you will be fired or not!
Pros
Its outside
Good Working Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 5, 2019
Take care of customers and check them out at the register. Filling the needs of the costumers and making recommendations. I also order stock for the store.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
You only have one break.
Worked at Arkansas whole sale lumber which is Ridout. Poor management
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AR lumber yardFebruary 21, 2019
I was a cdl driver for them for about 6 months I worked at Arkansas whole sale lumber which is Ridout lumber yard. They paid us by the day at 130.00 per day when I first started the manager told me I would work about 40 to 45 hours a week which I did for about 3 weeks then it went to 50 to 55 hours a week which it brought my pay down to 12.00 an hour on average. That is poor pay for a cdl driver. The forklift loaders are making more money then that. They have a really high turn over rate because of the manager that runs the yard he plays Favoritism and is very childish. And they will continue to have the turn over rate because of the poor management and poor pay.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Good job long hours
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 28, 2019
You worked a lot of hours. It affected my family life and my church life. The job was good though other than the hours some nights I didn't get off of work until 10 pm and started at 6am
poor workplace
Cabinet Sales and Department Head (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 16, 2019
My time spent with this company was riddled with uncertainty about employee roles and company direction. This company is ran the old school way of management rule of their way or the highway
A productive and fun company to work for. Co workers were helpful with my training process
Delivery Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. Staff was Helpful and friendly. My training was patient and a great teacher. He did not want to move onto another task unless he was sure that I understood and didn’t have any questions.
Pros
Filling orders and staying busy. Interacting with the customers
Cons
Organized comp
Productive work place
Cabinet Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 24, 2018
I liked working here would like the chance to work back over there . good work repetitive work easy to learn.good hours possible over time worked with drills staple guns table saw . did sum fabricating and staining
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Repetitive
It was alot of heavy lifting and manual labor most of the time but I had a great boss.
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Brinkley, ARSeptember 23, 2018
It was alot of heavy lifting and manual labor most of the time but I had a great boss and good hours plus I've never had any problem doin manual labor
Pros
Great hours, kind/friendly boss and co-workers, hour lunch.
Cons
Alot of injuries on hands and arms
Do not work for this company
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARSeptember 19, 2018
While $15 an hour sounds good, the poor shape of equipment and lack of care for safety make this company unbearable to work for. You get minimal pto and the hours bounce around. No set time for lunch and no sympathy for heat exhaustion.
Pros
Basic health care (State minimum)
Cons
Lack of vehicle maintenance, management does not care about your health and safety
No personal time
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 12, 2018
TV here were very few days I could stop and take a break always on the go. Long hours most weeks 50 but during the summer 60 plus hours a week no family time
Pros
Paid insurance
Cons
No breaks eat ob the run
Very poor management
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 14, 2018
Work schedule is good, pay is easonable, so no what so ever opportunities for developing career, manager can yell at employees in front of customers, a lot of favoritism .
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Poor management
Could be a great place to work if management would do the right thing.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 30, 2018
Poor training, back stabbing, belittling, name calling, poor management, making fun of coworkers. It's sad because it could be a great place to work. I don't feel like that they care enough about their employees. I was told by management they could not do anything about the gossiping. Either stop or your out!
stressfull
Assistant Store Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 24, 2018
attitudes of other management make it a very stressful place to work at. a real lack of leadership is evident with management, and some of the staff are very inconsistent at best.
Pros
compensation
Cons
lack of leadership
Fast paced and productive at all times
Driver forklift operator order filler (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed the work because i like to alwaus be on the go making sure things are pulled loaded and ready for the drivers so the deliveries were able to go out on time
Pros
Longer lunches if needed
Cons
Never really any down time
good company
Delivery Speacialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 21, 2018
nice family oriented company to work for, good staff, friendly service, good pay for the area, good bosses consistant work. down to earth people, raises available, for hard working individuals.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Cabinet Designer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 4, 2018
I liked my job, however, the upper management did not communicate well to employees. That definitely needs improving. I enjoyed working with the customers and designing their cabinets to their specifications.
Environment
LEAD INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 7, 2018
Absolutely wonderful company to work for. it's a small family owned business and the owner visits every store every couple of weeks. Every store has a great crew with and each employee enjoys working for the company.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Ridout at one time, was a great place to work. I enjoyed the competitive side of ridout. The last store manager was fairly weak as well as the ownership
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Ownership
Great company to work for
delivery speacialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 20, 2017
dedicaded family owned business, good to work for, fair believed in workers loyalty and friendly to customers and dedicated to loyal customers. Just good people to work for in general..
Recently sold to USLBM
Flooring Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 5, 2017
Can be an enjoyable place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers find the right products and seeing a completed project.