Ridout Lumber Company Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

2.7Job Security & Advancement
Worked at Arkansas whole sale lumber which is Ridout. Poor management
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AR lumber yardFebruary 21, 2019
I was a cdl driver for them for about 6 months I worked at Arkansas whole sale lumber which is Ridout lumber yard. They paid us by the day at 130.00 per day when I first started the manager told me I would work about 40 to 45 hours a week which I did for about 3 weeks then it went to 50 to 55 hours a week which it brought my pay down to 12.00 an hour on average. That is poor pay for a cdl driver. The forklift loaders are making more money then that. They have a really high turn over rate because of the manager that runs the yard he plays Favoritism and is very childish. And they will continue to have the turn over rate because of the poor management and poor pay.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Do not work for this company
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARSeptember 19, 2018
While $15 an hour sounds good, the poor shape of equipment and lack of care for safety make this company unbearable to work for. You get minimal pto and the hours bounce around. No set time for lunch and no sympathy for heat exhaustion.
Pros
Basic health care (State minimum)
Cons
Lack of vehicle maintenance, management does not care about your health and safety