Right At Home

Right At Home Employee Reviews

United States3,028 reviews

Found 3,028 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,162 reviews
clientrahelderlycarescheduleofficeflexiblepatient

over all the company is a good place to work on.

A typical day at work would be taking care of patients who are not able to take care of themselves. Wash them clean their house, cook a little meal for them. I learned to appreciate life, and to be patient and more caring I learned to manage my time properly since I had couple clients a day. I met different people with different beliefs and it was fun to learn other cultures The hardest part of the job is that you get to see a lot of people who one were able to do for themselves and now they can't do it anymore The most enjoyable part is that I get to be a part of their all being, taking care of them and making sure that they are comfortable.

Pros

not enough hours

Cons

working independently

Okay if you need a job asap

Overall, decent company. Pay is very low, and they are always needing employees. They contact you 24/7 to pick up shifts due to all the call outs, so you can make extra money. A lot of the cases were just cleaning their homes, I felt as if I was a maid.

Pros

overtime available

Cons

low pay. expect a lot.

Right At Home insights

Based on 2,116 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Not Happy

They just don’t care. They don’t give you the hours. And the Pay is not good. All I have to say is they want you to go to places that is for a short time. Was not ever happy there

August 11, 2022
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we hope you bring this issue to the attention of the local office. We value your feedback and if you would like to speak with someone at the corporate office, please reach out to our Employee Brand Ambassador at employeeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

ready to work

be ready to be called in at any time. besides that, the staff was nice and accommodating. I would recommend others to work there as a side job or something to do while in school.

August 10, 2022

The company doesn't care

I enjoyed working in home care the job itself was rewarding and I love my clients and the problem wasn't the job. It was management and the company. After a lot of failed promises and being lied to and not being able to advance or make a good salary I decided to quit. Then I needed to gain my pay stubs which I'd never been able to do and I will send a link that you have to have a pay stub in order to get the pay stubs and wasn't even able to get my unemployment because of the manager treating me unfairly. I tried to get my all to the company and return I was treated less than. The hours I was giving was horrible and there was no way to advance and no way to get benefits. On top of that they talked about me to my clients which I thought was very unprofessional. I now however I'm doing something that I love so it all worked out but I really just wanted to make a difference in my clients' lives.

August 11, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with this Right at Home franchise office. We encourage you to reach out to this local office and express your concerns. While your feedback is very important to us, it is important to note this office is locally and independently owned and operated. However, if you would like to speak with someone at the corporate office, you may contact the Employment Brand Ambassador at employeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

Yes the job is good at times it’s also hard at times!

Productive very good place to advance in! Learning how to deal with people with different miracle problems and as well as building a relationship along the way.

Pros

This job is very open minded to new ideas a very good place to grow.

Cons

This company is pretty fair about taking breaks, and a leave of absence

August 9, 2022
Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work the Right at Home team puts in every day. Your satisfaction is a top priority and we love hearing from you. We are so glad you had such an exceptional experience. Thank you!

Great company

I enjoy working for right at home. I have great clients.I Would refer this company to any of my friends. Looking forward to what life brings to me with this company.

August 9, 2022
We appreciate you saying such kind things about your experience with Right at Home. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Right at Home franchisees enjoy hearing from you and take pride in providing an all-around exceptional experience. It means so much when (employees/clients) share their experiences. We are happy this local office was able to meet/exceed your expectations!

Low pay

I work for this company for 5 years i quit because i found a job that pay me more and i had one client. With right at home i had 2 cases per day and i had to work far from each case.

August 5, 2022

Productive and fun

This company has been a joy to work for. In all my ways I have to think about how today will be a good time for the day. When I was getting my first my word.

Pros

Excellent place of work

Cons

No promotion from within, Short breaks, healthcare

August 5, 2022

Beautiful

The staff is wonderful. They are amazing. You can talk to them about anything and it's respected. I appreciate them making me feel comfortable as an employee

August 3, 2022
Positive Responses Thank you for leaving this office such a wonderful review. They will be thrilled that you loveyour experience; the staff will certainly be happy to read what you wrote. Right at Home puts your experience and satisfaction as a top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work put in every day. Thank you for your kind words!

Toxic environment

This company is not for someone looking for a professional permanent job. It was crazy from go. They call you on days off and beg you to come in. It was always something. I loved the clients bit management burnt me out so bad that I unfortunately had to leave.

Pros

Great clients

Cons

Toxic staff

Fun people to talk to

I found it was very easy to talk to the office staff about any problems I came across. They usually addressed the problem right away. When I had a scheduling conflict they were very good about working with me to accommodate me.

Pros

Uber when needed

Cons

No healthcare, low pay

August 3, 2022

Good learning experience, inconsistent schedules

Management was poor and scheduling staff was consistently changing. Schedules constantly changing and the office was always calling and hassling you to work during time off. Loved the clients, they were the best part of the job. Did not like the company, staff is extremely underpaid for the hard work they do.

August 3, 2022
Thank you for your review of this Right at Home franchise office. We are sorry to hear your experience with this office was not as positive as we would like. If you would like to provide more information about your experience with this office, please contact our Employee Brand Ambassador at employeeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

Worst place I've ever worked. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Ever.

I did not feel that this organization hired qualified people to do the work that was necessary to be able to give the proper care and meet the most basic clinical needs of their clients. I very large amount of their clients are suffering from memory deficits or dementia. They are being put in the hands of unqualified staff and these clients are not able to even speak up for or defend their rights. It was a very sad situation to see.

July 28, 2022

The office is a scattered cluster

They call your phone none stop even during shifts to cover other shifts all while telling you not to have your phone out. Then will call the client and ask to talk to the aide and say when we call your phone ANSWER just tell the client its important. So i should tell them 24 times its an important call all while trying to care for them and their needs? NO this isnt good work ethic nor is it professional. My heart goes into my clients and you are worried about the next dollar. Aides get 14 an hour while the client is paying 30-46 an hour.

July 27, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience doesn't match your expectations. We aim to deliver a great experience and appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. This office is locally/independently owned and operated and therefore we encourage you to contact this local office directly to resolve any issues or concerns as this office can use your feedback to improve to ensure this doesn’t happen again. That said, we do value your feedback and if you would like to contact someone at the corporate office, you can reach out to our Employment Brand Ambassador at employeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

Exciting and emotionally rewarding

I enjoyed the satisfaction of helping an elderly person or even a handicap person remain in their home instead of being moved to a facility. I felt a part of their family with the cases I had that were long term.The bad was being a witness first had as death and the torture of inevitable death destroy a person.

July 26, 2022

Friendly staff but run poorly

The hiring manager and the person who schedules your shifts are both nice and the owner introduced himself to me. However, the company gave me very challenging patients at the beginning and never really understood what kinds of patients I could handle. They also ignored text messages so you always have to call the scheduler if you want to tell her what you need. They seem like nice people but are very disorganized and inefficient.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Unstable schedule; poor communication; mentally stressful

July 20, 2022
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry you had a negative experience with this Right at Home franchise office. We would like to take steps to improve and invite you to contact our corporate office at employeeexperience@righathome.net to share your specific concerns as your feedback is important to us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Family feel company flexible hours of work

The training is amazing the care givers are so professional tbey go above and beyond work life balance pay and milage is excellent no rushing aabout from call to call as the minimum visit is at least 1 hour

July 19, 2022

All around great company

I love this company the staff is very family oriented they don't treat you like someone who works for them they actually treat you like family Sydney is awesome I love her she does above and beyond to make sure you find the right client she's also very understanding if your looking for work that pays well and treat you like family then please go and fill out an application TODAY!

July 26, 2022
Thank you for leaving this office such a wonderful review. They will be thrilled that you l loved your experience; the staff will certainly be happy to read what you wrote. Right at Home puts your experience and satisfaction as a top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work put in every day. Thank you for your kind words!

Getting attached to the residents/ clients, and then they relocate or pass over.

I've been with Right at Home for 6yrs now. I started out as a hha, for a few years. Became employee of the year, within two years. I've had the pleasure of going to different facilities to, conduct one on one care. I've meet a lot of different medical professionals in this field. We are all a team, even though we work for different companies. The common factor we all have is taking care of the clients/ residents.

July 14, 2022

Pay is horrible they keep most of what they charge the client

No benefits, the advertising pay is a lie they start at $12, some weeks hardly give you hours others can overworked you without decent time to rest between clients.

Pros

Cons

No benefits

July 13, 2022

Common questions about Right At Home

Answered by current and former employees at Right At Home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Right At Home.
Powered byComparably