Right At Home Employee Reviews

Found 1,381 reviews matching the search See all 1,412 reviews
A growing company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAAugust 14, 2018
I have been with this agency for almost 2 years. They have all kinds of shifts available. They have had turnover in the scheduling positon, but they keep me busy. They allow me to work as much as I want. it has gotten better over time as they changed the manager and try ways to do nice things for the caregivers. I have told my friends to apply. The owners are nice and seem to care.
Pros
Plenty of work and the schedulers are good at telling you about the client
Cons
There are a lot of last minute shifts they try to get you to work
I loved my residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
Working here gave me the opportunity to be able to care for someone other than myself and my children. It gave me the opportunity to work with people who were from all walks of life, people who were once able to care for themselves but were not able to upon us meeting. I was given the opportunity to love others like family.
Pros
Everything about this experience was positive
Cons
There were no cons
Good if you're starting out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 14, 2018
Excellent job opportunity if you are starting out as a CNA while attending college still. Very flexible schedule and nice staff. Hard to get hours though.
great management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 13, 2018
clients are come and go. low clients so its hard to get a set amount of hours. i would have loved this company more if there was more work available to me.
Pros
Good training
Cons
low hours
N/a
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILAugust 13, 2018
Right at Home is a very good company to work for. They make sure you are very comfortable with you clients. An they work with you on your schedule. An they make sure you have a break an your not over worked. If you have a problem they make sure they fix it right away
Homemaker
Homemaker/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2018
I was 17 years experience with homemaker with many clients every times. I loves to senior community clients, and I feel more strong strength, caring and share with them.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Clients are wonderful
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 8, 2018
Match you with clients. Help with daily chores, cooking, cleaning, etc. Take out to doctors appointments, hairdressers, etc. Play variety of games, coloring, etc.
Pros
Pick your schedule
Cons
Not enough work
The Owners of this company care !
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 8, 2018
Owners of this company truly care about their clients and their caregivers. Its not just a business to them. There is always room to grow and they want their staff to be successful in all they do.
Awesome company
Pros
Its a growing company and business
Cons
good
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 4, 2018
I never really had any issues working here, I liked the fact I could pick my own hours. However, the issue was when you weren't always guaranteed a full 40 hours per week. Also, when things changed they didn't offer overtime. It may have changed now.
Fast paced work environment, on call too much
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2018
Understandably employers want to get the most out of employees, however I left because of being expected to wear so many different hats. Great if you want to learn a lot of different things but stressful as well. Several breaking points for me:

1. Office personnel crossed trained as caregivers and expected to be able to fill shifts when no caregiver was available irregardless of the physical demands of particular clients.
2. Negative environment, micromanagement, passive aggressive personnel and lack of general support.
3, High turn over in office staff as well caregiver staff. High turn over equals higher operating costs and therefore no bonuses. They will tell you there is a bonus program (which has happened in the past) and is no longer applicable
4. Lack of proper compensation for the level of work done. The only opportunity for a raise is at the annual review. There is a 90 day review but no raise at that time. One year is a long time to hope you get a raise.

PS Owner explained the performance improvement program was common there so FYI seems like perhaps they put everyone on PIP. IMO sets up a negative work environment.
Pros
Going out to meet clients and helping people in general
Cons
Very negative environment
Very relaxed down to earth Office
Director of Employee Operations/ HR Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2018
Depending on the day it can be very busy or very slow depending on the day and time. I've learned very good handy tools on how to run a company and promote a business. I would say the hardest part of the job is when you try to make a client or caregiver happy when they are upset with something that went wrong with their service or schedule.
Cons
Healthcare, Benefits, Advancement in Career
friendly and caring work environment.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2018
productive, friendly and family oriented workplace. All of the management team are very caring and helpful. They always show gratitude and appreciation for your work.
Pros
very friendly and caring
Cut throat career
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 26, 2018
Back office have their favorite employees to assign assignments and it isn’t fair. The office talk bad about their employees and they never guide you to future training. Unprofessional.
Cons
Helping people is what I love
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 25, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning residents house for them, assiting resident with Activities of daily living, running errands for them (groceries, doc appts, med pick up...etc) I learned how to allow the resdient to regain their independence. My manager was very nice and understanding of me not having a lot of that job type experience. You have to be able to adjust to any enviroment the resident lives in because they want to feel as at home as possible even if they have someone helping them with ADL's. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy they were that I was in their home..Someone to talk to, someone to help. I think listening to their stories and life experiences were what I enjoyed the most.
Pros
meeting so many great people
Cons
working in dangerous parts of the town
they are very caring
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2018
The manager is nice and very understanding....The secretary is ultra nice...They are always calling the staff to comfirm their availability.
The manager/owner takes pride in what she does....She is always stopping by to visit clients and check to see how are they doing...Always checking with staff to see how they are doing
Awful place to work
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 22, 2018
This place is not your typical job choice.Mcdonalds is a better place to work than this. Management treats you like garbage and doesn’t you tell important information.
Cons
If you like to care for the elderly this job isfor you.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAJuly 19, 2018
If you enjoy working with people in need of care it's a good job. No benefits. Hours very . The office girls are great .The Co owners are awesome. You definitely cannot live off this kind of job.
Unprofessional
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2018
Worst place to work for and they do not care about their employees nor their clients. Clients homes were unacceptable for their living environment and did not give employees heads up to what to expect. Pay is low and not enough hours to even be called an employee.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No wage increase, not enough hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJuly 18, 2018
I like working for Right At Home because it gives me a chance to travel & meet new people. I like working for this company because it gives me an opportunity to help people and benefit their lives.
exciting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 18, 2018
if you love taking care of people then, you will like working here. depending on who you are dealing with you can get some great family to work with or for and show your hard earned skills by helping that family out.
Pros
great people
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.