Right At Home

Right At Home insights

Based on 1,444 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and rewarding job

Productive and rewarding job. I learned that their is a great need for healthcare workers. Management works with your schedule. Don't have co-workers, in home healthcare. You meet many people and lots of traveling.

Productive place to be!

Treated very well by management, clients where wonderful as well. If I didn’t feel comfortable they found me somewhere else fast. Always hours to pick up!

Pros

Not under direct supervision

Cons

No employee benefits until after first year

Horrible place for a multitude of reasons

The pay is extremely low. While the customer pays $25.00-$30.00 per hour for our services, the caregivers pay is only $10.75 - $13.00. Which isn’t even competitive pay compared to other caregiver jobs in the area. On top of barely making enough to live, there’s not even enough hours. There’s no training. They completely take their workers for granted and hardly show any appreciation.

Pros

Get to choose your own schedule

Cons

Basically everything except for the fact that you can choose your own schedule.

Flexibility. I take and work cases as I see fit. I'm not locked into a schedule that interferes with my personal life.

I've only been with this company for 2 months but have enjoyed it throughly. I can make my own schedule of available days and hours in which I want to work. They have 2 hour shifts, 4-6 hour shifts, or 8 hour shifts. You can take a regular client and work a 40 hour week or use the position to earn extra income if you already work a v 40 hour week elsewhere. They also sometime have long and/or short term live-in positions.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Pay rate, no good benefits

Economic growth is currently in

Good afternoon and happy thanksgiving day to you too and I appreciate you letting us all of your life together for you to have to go to Walmart for a couple hours and

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

They are selfish for quality yet compensation, appreciation and benefits are frugal or nonexistent.

The best thing about it is that you're away from the bosses who don't appreciate you. No benefits, frugal methods of appreciation. The customer is always right. No support from supervisors, who also provide minimal PPE for working with clients.

Good stepping stone (possibly)

You’re appreciated if you work hard and your reviews are well. But pay isn’t the best considering all we do as CNA’S for this company. Hours are not always available. You will have to pick up after slackers ( & there are many ) just don’t make this job a forever one. Get your time in, fuel your passion through your work & go when it’s time.

Pros

Free gloves and supplies

Cons

No breaks & low pay

Dishonest and have their own agenda as priority, not patient care

Overcharge private pay patients and underpay attendants. Change schedules last minute. Shuffle you around instead of working for the same patients week to week

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No hours. Not getting schedule til Sunday night

One of the better companies to jumpstart in healthcare

I never had experience with the elderly and this job gives workers great opportunities to learn from this field of work. I would say this company is one of the better companies since they will call you about your schedule, they are respectful to you, and they will give you a raise (depending on experience). Other companies I have seen just put you on schedule without notifying you, they will overwork you, and are rude sometimes. I personally feel that this company does a good job with scheduling. Start here to jumpstart your work in healthcare! They will need your help with many clients but that's how it is in this business.

Pros

Wage

Not a good place to work.

You could never pay me enough to go back to this company. The only people treated decent and paid decent are office staff. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was I got attached to my clients. I stayed for them not for the company. Which after I left dropped all the clients I had. They pay a low wage for all the work we are expected to do. Plus all the driving and wear you put on your car. It just is not worth it at all. They wonder why they can’t keep staff. It really is not that hard to figure out.

poor management, constant revolving door of office personnel

All of my job satisfaction was derived from client care and using my experience and expertise at the jobsite. managers out of touch with employees, to say the least. They will take advantage of your kind nature, and gloss over all errors/shortcomings on their part. UNFAIR compensation and NO benefits. Sorry to say, ALL about them and how much MONEY they can make. Very sad, and they DO NOT value the TRUTH.

Pros

the clients, Only

Cons

everything else

Allows For Flexibility but the Pay sucks!

As a caregiver I make 10hr (11hr) during overnight shifts. Job allows for alot of flexibility. You can pick up shifts when you'd like. Management is cool. It's just the pay really really sucks.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Don't expect 40 hours

They promise you 40 hours a week but you never get up to that. Staff quits and you don't know until you call, they tell you last minute when they need you to cover a shift. The pay is not worth is nor is the mileage pay definitely not a livable wage job.

Pros

The clients

Cons

Pay, management, everything

All of my clients were nice.

Everyone that I came in contact with at RAH was a gossiper , they all talked about each other. They made me feel like I was nothing more than a worker.

Pros

Can work All the hours you want

Cons

Rude staff, low pay

Low pay

You have to drive you car, be a nanny and maid and you will make 14 dollars a hour .. below minimum wage. Not worth working here. I literally travel break my back for this job while being in school and I’m not compensated.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Low pay, poor management

Its Ok

I've worked a few different HHA companies and this one is unfortunately one of my least favorite.. the bosses don't listen to your own personal concerns about the work your doing and I didn't feel confident enough doing a certain client and they really didn't seem to care and still sent me to them and I had a hard time and they just don't care, maybe short staffed?.. also they don't have direct pay so I have to try and find the time on Friday to try and get my paycheck oh but they pay me less also.. and they require you to work weekends, whether it be every other or every Saturday or Sunday. Plus you have to work at least every other holiday..

Pros

Flexible, weekly pay, lots of hours

Cons

Pick up paper checks, have to work weekends, less of a pay for more rules.

Great opportunity

Working for RAH is a good opportunity to have stable life and employment. No cons about it! All pros due to the fact that I work my schedule, paid weekly and work along side with many clients and family.

Pros

Free snacks or lunch

Cons

Okay temporary or part time job

The patient positron is flexible if you want to work many hours you can but the pay is menial . Not much room for advancement and the pay is low for the amount of work required. They didn't drug screen before employment because I scored high on the entry test given.

Pros

Travel to different locations

Cons

Pretty much everything

Very Low pay

Low pay No advancement No continuing education. No health care insurance. Charge clients $27/ hr Pay workers$10/ hr. Use workers vehicles to transport clients.

Pros

Cons

Low pay using your vehicle to transport clients

Great company not bad at all only have one client all are nice managers are easy too get along with . You also can build your own schedule to fit your needs. The pay is ok I just need they should pay you by your experience.

Pros

Good leadership

Cons

Nice place to start off for new caregiver

Low pay, but that's to be expected because this is a company that's primary clients are medicaid, and unfortunately medicaid is notorious for underpaying. Great flexibility, good staff. Worked there on and off starting in 2020.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Right At Home with

• Right At Home
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?