Rightway Fasteners Employee Reviews

Not a very good place to work.
Quality inspection (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 24, 2019
Team leaders are rude and childish. Team leaders should know how to do all jobs that they are over and they don't.

Hostile work environment is acceptable there and when you complain to HR they don't do anything.
Production production production
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 28, 2019
I loved the work environment there.it was stressful at times but overall a good place to work.the wages weren't fair for an entry level position.i worked as much overtime as I wanted and the management were very good at training
Pros
Excellent health insurance
Cons
Alot of overtime
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 21, 2019
Easy job management sucks tho. Pay could be better for what you have to do there. Insurance is the only thing that has made me stay this long. It could be a lot better...
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay
Job duties
Office Assistant / Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 24, 2019
Set up your work station, check paperwork, make sure it is correct and matches the part. Then take parts and sort and check them. this part of my job was in the Quality area. My previous jobs within the company was office assistant jobs with variety of duties in the QS office, PC office-production control, and the Maintenance office. I have learned more general basic office skills and the inspection parts. On management there just needs to be more communication. The job was not hard.
Cons
There needs to be more communication between all shifts.
Chaos
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 11, 2019
If you want to experience how NOT to learn skills with integrity, then this place is for you. Most departments are in shambles and have absolutely zero leadership from the managers...especially the quality departments. You work 50+ hours a week only to watch product turn out bad and dangerous, yet the Japanese and their brainless managers ship it out anyways!
Pros
Solid insurance
Cons
Everything else
fast paced long hours
cnc specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 7, 2019
It is a great place to work if you are ok with working long hours and weekend. This place pays well and itsnt to bad of a place to work. Just really long hours and 6 to 7 days a week
Needs Work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 17, 2018
Poor decisions made by the existing company presedent, lack of appreciation for employees, poor wages. Very high turnover rate which hurts production, which then hurts inventory levels, and causes issues with shipments to customers.
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
President and some managers
Going downhill
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 24, 2018
Without a change in mid-level departmental management, a new employee can expect nothing less than confusion and a collective negative attitude from the current workforce.
Benefits
Cons
Absolute minimal communication and training.
Sucks
B line operator (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 18, 2018
I hated working there the pay sucked and the people was completely outragious they don't know how to run a shift and I would recommend that no one get a job at that place
employees
Talent Specialist, Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 18, 2018
I love working with all the managers and employees. Benefits are great and cost is low for employees. Management is okay around here, easy to get a long with. The hardest thing about my job is keeping them staffed for the pay we are paying.
Benefits
Cons
no advancement
Its a job if you dont mind going in and doing the same thing every day
Forklift driver / matirial handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 12, 2017
I go in to work the first hour or so I'd boring and then the 7 8 9 hour of my supposed to be an 8 hour shift I am running a going never fast enough but yet I am the best forklift driver on all three shifts
Poorly managed
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 19, 2017
RIghtway is very poorly managed. They have people in leadership positions who have no abilities to do this job.They are a good example of a place that has too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Pros
good cheap health insurance
Cons
terribly managed
Not good for place to work
Set up and Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 1, 2017
Management is bad. The manager or team leader don't care nothing about the place or you. They only want the pay check . The pay for hours is not good
Pros
Free luch Sunday
Fast paced and long hours
Quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Whalesboro, INJuly 3, 2017
I hated this job, I didn't get trained, I worked long hours, very hot, and the pay wasn't that great. Compared to jobs I have had in the past, this was my least favorite. I'm shocked to see positive reviews because that wasn't my experience.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hard work, long hours, lack of training, average pay.
Official response from Rightway Fasteners
July 10, 2017

I am sorry you had such a bad experience here at RFI. QA is usually one of the easiest jobs here and yes we are not climate control so it does get hot in here.

Kim Burton
Hiring Specialist

Work not bad, management really needs work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Walesboro, INJune 20, 2017
I had no problem with the work, in fact I enjoyed it. I liked most of my co-workers and liked going to work. There was too much overtime in my opinion. A little is fine, but when it's almost every weekend, it get's to be much. The management was not organized or very good at there job's.
Pros
Decent work environment
Cons
Management sucked
Prodoctive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, INJune 6, 2017
I could not stand to sit in the same place for 10 hrs straight and I was never moved off of the washer press the day went by so slow just sitting thare I like to be up and moving
Pros
Free lunch of sundays
Cons
The washer press
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walesboro, INMay 30, 2017
Great place to work. Great co-workers. I learned responsiblilty. Management were a easy going group of people. Learned how to thoroughly check finished products.
Enjoy working with the people
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 19, 2017
Management has put this company in turmoil for the past 4 1/2 years. There doesn't seem to be any end in sight. One pro for the company is the benefits, however the company has recently made some changes to that as well and it is not as much of a pro as it use to be.
Part time work. My favorite job
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 15, 2017
Started out doing quality inspection witch was inspecting bolts and nuts for vehicles then they stepped me up to a machine operator with was having forklift driver fill a hoper and then setting up my machine for the specific part and labeling totes and letting the machine run and inspect the part and then stacking on skid
Pros
Laid back and only 3 days a week
Culture is undefined.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 2, 2017
This company has a lot of work to do to create a culture that enables the employees and company grow. The company does not value education in management in positions. This in itself hurts the company top down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rightway Fasteners. Our community is ready to answer.

Rightway Fasteners Reviews by Location