RIHousing Employee Reviews

Do your research!
Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 6, 2019
This place was good till the director and ceo were replaced. You work hard and are promised advancements that never accure. You put in so much time and effort for nothing! I used to be proud of working for RI Housing and now it’s reputation is down the drain and no one seems to care! It’s really sad and whenever you try to help and give advise you’re shut down. Managers have no clue of what they are doing and don’t like to be advised either

Do your research before joining any company!
Pros
Vacation days & Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Love working at RIHousing!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 22, 2019
A typical day is greeting your co workers and them reciprocating. Everyone here is so friendly and warm, very welcoming too. My direct manager is great, and I am lucky to have him/her as a mentor. The benefits package is incredibly competitive and offers more than other industries I know.
Pros
Benefits, Fitness Classes
Didn't enjoy working there
Communications (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 16, 2018
If you don't fit into a certain mould, then they will get rid of you. There was so much pretentiousness and I never knew where I stood with my boss until I got fired of course.
Cons
Pretentious atmosphere
Good benefits and flex time.
RI (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2018
Good benefits and flex time. Great bosses and nice co workers. Easy commute. Interesting and varied work of processing and reconciling HUD Section 8 vouchers.
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 5, 2018
It's a good place to work, however they have a high turnover rate and the pay is subpar. They do try to do other things to compensate for the pay, such as good benefits, additional days off, etc.
Great place to work and great training.
Temporary Loan Processor CSR (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 25, 2018
My typical day at work is great very laid back. Work as it comes in. Management is amazing. The hardest part of the job was waiting for responses as I requested for job verification, appraisal and closings.
The most enjoyable part was we worked a team.
Pros
Free Lunches and bus pass to get to work.
Fabulous mission and company
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2018
Great morale. Great mission. Total teamwork. Supportive, appreciative management. Compensation needs improvement, but benefits are best around. Leadership is completely engaged with the employees.
Pros
Great leadership, fabulous benefits
Cons
compensation not great, and got worse due to salary study
Great learning experience
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 7, 2018
I had a chance to improve my Excel and communication skills, Felt fulfilled knowing my work was helping disadvantaged population.
Great benefits, always busy workday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management
Not enough compensation for Work Load
Communications Coordinator/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 28, 2018
Since I did not have a degree I was not entitled to receive higher compensation, however I performed a wide variety of tasks that other staff with higher pay could not do.
Poor Communication
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 20, 2018
The current Senior Management struggles to communicate clearly and identify flaws in procedures and staff requirements. Most departments are understaffed.
Great Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 8, 2018
Excellent place to work and most of the employees have worked there over ten years so unlike most places it has great job retention. People are great, managers understand work and family life ratio. Great atmosphere. It is a quasi-govt agency so the pay is not great considering the price of everything in RI increasing.
Pros
Excellent manager employee relations
Cons
Like most places in RI the pay is not great.
Its ok
Leasing & Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 19, 2017
Portfolio of 250 clients answering phones and lease /contract. Input of data, customer service, clients ,property owners, hud offices ,state agencies , police departments, interviews waiting list, briefings, billing,
Rewarding Experience
Escrow Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 8, 2017
Many opportunities were presented to learn new skills. Although advancement and job security were compromised, I would consider employment again. Benefits are excellent and much flexibility makes it an attractive place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Frustrating place to work
Data Entry Assistant (Contract position) (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 1, 2017
I was a temporary employee here for 4 months and I found the training to be very minimal and there was no room for advancement. I was given 1 day of training and was expected to know the required software from this. If I asked a question, I was treated like I was already expected to know the answer. Okay people to work with, other than the department manager, who had the personality of a brick dipped in lead and was confrontational and rude more often than not.
Productive and Educational Workplace
Neighborhood Stabilization Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 3, 2017
Rhode Island Housing is an employer with much to offer. The staff members are professional, knowledgeable and friendly. There is opportunity for advancement within the organization and the downtown office space is a pleasant work environment.
Mortgage Processor
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2017
 Orders verification of employment. Reviews and verifies employment information.
 Communicates with borrower regarding documentation needed to process the loan and maintain effective follow up to ensure receipt of needed documents.
 Assists loan originator by helping to clear underwriting conditions
Very good Company
Loan Processor Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 5, 2017
One of the best companies to work for. I enjoyed this company very much and all of the great people that work there. It is like a second home where you feel loved like a family.
Rih
Escrow Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2017
Great Place to work- Most people are nice. Management sometimes feels somewhat unappreciative. Salaries are low compared to other companies and the work required.
A nice place to work, a lot of friendly people helping others
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2014
My work day was very busy working with customers and Lenders in the assistance of submissions loan modification packages for possible workout solutions. I learned a lot of customer service skills during my job at RI Housing assisting customers during a stressful time in their lives. My co-workers were quick to help and provide assistance when needed. The hardest part of the job was not always having a positive outcome for the customers when workout solutions were not possible due to qualifications. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and being able to be a part of assisting them to obtain a loan modification.
Pros
Pot lucks, Christmas party and flexable work hours
Cons
Temporary Job
very good place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 14, 2014
• Acted as a bilingual liaison between the company, public, media, and staff seeking information about the agency’s ability to help.
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings, interviews, workshops and other activities for the staff.
• Answered telephones, assisted visitors and resolved a range of administrative issues and inquiries.
• Managed invoices by organizing a detailed list of expenditures for the monthly and yearly budget.
rovide service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RIHousing. Our community is ready to answer.

RIHousing Reviews by Location