Rinchem Company, Inc.
50Low

Rinchem Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
Experience in shipping and receiving, a handful of forklifts. They even have a course to get CDL. Courses that help self improve how good of a worker you are.
When first starting everything looks fine but once you get to know everything they will work you for hours and hours. There is always over time no matter what. Even on you’re days off they will call you in to go work. Money is good especially if you like OT
Rinchem Hillsboro is a horrible place to work. It's more like a boys club, that just brushes everything under the rug and doesn't take harassment against female staff seriously until HR forces them to. They preach a family friendly atmospheres, but fire employees that get injured or have family related absences. Mangement is a joke!
Want to work there? Be a member of their church.
No loyalty for hard workers. They hire family or church members,and keep them employed even if doing a poor job and let go the ones doing the best job for the Co. Ownership is two faced.
Initially I thought that it was a good place to work, that changed the longer I was their. They talked about safety being a top priority, that's all it was though. Their actions demonstrated quite the opposite. Half the people in the warehouse would be fired from other warehouses I've worked at for being reckless and a danger to themselves and others. Drums of chemicals would vent a fair amount of fumes and if the cleanroom was working with certain chemicals the whole warehouse would wreak. The equipment was not safe and genuinely made me fear for my safety. One of the last things that made me decide to leave was reading sds's for the more common chemicals we had and realizing I was being poisoned everyday.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Our manager got rid of majority of the people that cared about the job.

Free lunch is a plus

The culture is non existent considering the manager makes fun of people all day.
The workplace culture is great. Advancement isn't so great. The management within the company is also great. Overall Rinchem is a very family-like company..
Micro managed by young inexperienced; faith based by upper ownership and management styles. No incentives by direct management. Encouraged penny scraping expenses for traveling by only allowing class "b" lodging and food .
Nothing to add. Poor attitude from younger generation. Operation manager was young and doesn't respect the opinion of seasoned operators. Was to relaxed with younger operators.
My supervisor was great the location of my job was great just didn't work out due to a very negative coworker who made everyday horrible
hopefully when they expand they're building I can reapply
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rinchem Company, Inc.?
this company could be a great company but it has a lot of flaws. they preach about safety until it's time to dish out money for safety repairs. some employees feel untouchable because they are able to carry weapons into the workplace. there is no room for advancement here, so what you do
My position was a delivery driver. Overall, operations were above average. Safety is a key priority for the company. Pre planning was very adequate.
Pros
Top Benefits
Cons
If you want to work in a hateful environment, get hit by a forklift while you are on a forklift. This is the place. For being mormon owned and run they are very rude to employees and cdl drivers.
This would be a great place to work at if everyone would help out. Also, had to deal with racist jokes and an unsafe work environment. The warehouse supervisor was an ok person but didn't know his job. The operations manager should not have that position. Both of them had no control over the warehouse Technicians and they did what ever they wanted to do. There was a culture of do what you want when you want.
Depending on the team and manager you get depends on how enjoyable your role will be. If you are a hard worker and very quick at learning new things then this is a great fit for you. The roles are demanding and there isn't much room for errors.
Rinchem could be an good company to work for if it wasn't for the bad management. There is an extreme level of favoritism that goes on there. Some safety incidents go unnoticed or swept under the rug while others who may not be the managers "buddy" gets reprimanded. The warehouse guys are overworked and undercompensated. Office personnel gets paid based on their friendship with the office manager. There is no room for growth.
No career advancement unless you are Mormon or the good ol boys network. Jobs are specifically created for members of the church. White dominated Co.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No career advancement
Will let you go if you are not morman. Once they found out I never went on a mission my days were numbered watch out non non mormans they will hunt you out and lay you off watch your back
Pros
Cons
Mormons
In close to 5 years I experienced Great managers and not so great managers. Same goes for my fellow coworkers and supervisors.
Overall it was a good experience and still remain friends with most
Pros
close to home
Cons
very old building not really designed for warehousing
I've been reading a lot of negative reviews about the company. But so far being hired for almost 2 months now. I find it a good working place. If you are a hardworking person. There's a lot of room for advancement. People complains because they just dont want to work. People are nice. Management isn't a pain. And they commend you for hard work. Dont mind the negative comments about this company. It's a nice place to work. Except, you have to deal with chemicals all day and make sure to wear gloves and proper PPE's. There's overtime and they start you of around $18 for a warehouse position which is actually above the average pay rate. The only thing that bothers me is the place is old. And needs a bit of remodeling.
Pros
Free monthly lunch, bonuses, overtime, great co workers
Cons
Place is old and needs a bit of TLC
very arbitrary management much of the work has to be done over due to poor decisions say there are safety bonuses that for some reason or other we did not receive
Pros
mon fri job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rinchem Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9