RingCentral Employee Reviews

Very much an inside sales job. Little advancement upside
Sr. Account Executive - Mid/Major Market (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
Great technology but this place has a very hostile work environment. They provide free food a few days a week but that is so you will get your food and go back to your desk and keep working. The company hires experienced sales people and promises big money and promotions but there are already 40 people ahead of you who have been there for years trying to get the same one or two new roles that open up from year to year. Some managers are great and experienced and some are very young and have little ability to manage people and set legitimate expectations. The company is doing well despite many of the internal problems. The majority of the employees are actively looking for new opportunities.
Pros
Don't be sucked in by the free lunch. Work and eat at your desk.
Cons
Your success depends on your manager.
Screw up
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  FLApril 11, 2018
You get what you pay for. I lost service for 24 hours because of a mistake my Account Manager made. A week and 14 hours of tech support time later, messages lost and unrecoverable, technicians still trying to fix what was never broken and each time I get passed to another tech, they fix one issue and create another. Worked great for a year but low budget system, no continuity in customer support, lack of training with account managers and technicians who can't see the big picture. Cheap, affordable system as long as you never need to ask questions or have a problem. When they screw up, no apologies, no offer of remediation.
Worst Customer support
financial (Former Employee) –  floridaApril 9, 2018
Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Ever since I first signed up they have obviously changed the way they handle customer service. Originally they had their own call center with staffed agents. Then I started noticing situations where they had "level" techs. These were basically glorified secretaries that took all your information, said pretty words and then transferred to someone who dealt with the issue. It was inconvenient and time consuming but it wasn't a horrible experience. Now when you call it is straight up a call center reading off a script. They have no idea what the product even is and they just try to help you by pointing out the website FAQs or telling you something they are reading off a piece of paper. They are trained so horribly that you can actually detect the timing when they are reading off the paper. Horrible customer service.
Industry leader in UCaaS
Sr. Director Cloud Operations (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAMarch 16, 2018
Very fast paced and dynamic. If you are able to cope up with the day to day demands it is a great place to work. Overall the company is doing well. Nice cafeteria which serves free breakfast and lunch. Management cares for the employees and reasonably good career prospects.
Pros
Free lunches, growing business, Good pay
It was a fun job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I liked working there. It was challenging and I learned a lot. Management is like all management, fickle and annoying. Changing direction at the drop of the hat, that's everywhere!
Pros
New tech at the time, smart people
Cons
arrogance
Overal a great place to work
Project Manager/ Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Really enjoyed the people I worked with, I just wish is didn't abruptly end. My position required a lot of travel, however there are many other areas to work in the company that do not require a lot of travel and are more secure.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
LOTS of travel
Worst Client Relations"
Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 6, 2018
No investment in employee/leadership development
Constant Organizational changes and restructuring due to lack of experienced and collaborative leadership.
Pros
Catered Lunches
Cons
Casual Dress Code and work atmosphere (almost to casual)
Everyone wanted to quit
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2018
The free catered food is the biggest perk. Quota's are changed monthly and it's really, really hard to meet your target. It's a joke of a BDR job. Everyone is looking to quit secretly.
Terrible !!
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Management rude to customer and employees.My anxiety got so bad working there I would have panic attacks going into work, would not pay proper over time.
Pros
they're horrible
Not Good Enough
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 30, 2017
Sometimes the cases seemed never ending and it appeared impossible to complete the full load of cases while taking calls. Although management often times had workers helping each other with their loads.
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst work environment"
Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 23, 2017
-Rude management
-Management did no work and bossed people - not lead
-No proper training, get yelled at for not knowing something you never got trained on
-Management rude to customer and employees
-My anxiety got so bad working there I would have panic attacks going into work
-would not pay proper over time.
- We are being sold so what is the point to stay here.
Pros
There is nothing positive
Cons
There is nothing positive
One Star company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2017
We have been with RingCentral for 1 year (only due to our contract with them). The prices are very high and service is not good. When uploading pictures my phone was not working at all. With 16 page fax had to go to UPS since the service did not manage to fax that many pages. Constant beeps during phone conversations to a point that I could not hear the person on the other side. When we switched they charged me for an extra month. Nowhere in their contract stated that after I finish my term with them I have to give them notice. Not recommended
Worst management!!"
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2017
There seems to be apathy for those that don't have a clue about leading or managing as they are still there.
Stressful, always have to worry about making your goals. very stressful
Pros
Either they're horrible or amazing.
Cons
. Must always meet quota. Never able to get time off for Vacation or Holidays.
Misleading""
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 19, 2017
They try to find better help elsewhere instead of promoting within. They do not tell you the facts when you start working there and it will cost you your job eventually.
Pros
They have the worst customer service in the industry
Cons
They are very slow and delayed in setting up phone systems!
Managers make false promises."
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
I have not found anyone. Stressful, always have to worry about making your goals. very stressful. Must always meet quota. Never able to get time off for Vacation or Holidays.
Pros
They have the worst customer service in the industry!
Cons
The downside of this job is it is overwhelmingly busy.
"I hate it!"
employee (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 17, 2017
We don't need you there to hold our hand every step of the way, but it would be very appreciated if you could gather your teams and give them a thorough vision of what you want for your departments instead of hiding in your offices all day then running down the day before a corporate visit to yell at the associates to get things done that they didnt even know they had to do.
Worst !!
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2017
After reading horror stories of trying to cancel accounts, I too found myself in this nightmare. Attempted to port to Von-age on 9/25/17 after completing the paperwork THEIR reps told me, it was rejected, called again, told something different. Corrected, submitted, rejected AGAIN. Had Ring Central rep in a 3 way conversation with myself and Von-age rep, Ring Central rep told Von-age rep exactly what was needed on the request. Oh guess what? Rejected AGAIN. Ring Central is a circus that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. NEVER use Ring Central. Run as fast a you can from them
Pros
None. If the manager doesn't like you, you won't move up.
Cons
Unreasonable and ever changing expectations.
Need Improvements !!
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2017
lack of professionalism, you have to travel everyday leaving your family behind without any security.
Establish, sign and launch strategic channel relationships with Master Dealers and Agents
Pros
None. If the manager doesn't like you, you won't move up.
Cons
Unreasonable and ever changing expectations.
Be aware !!
12B Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2017
Some weeks everything is good . But then some days we don't get the actual phone call for some reason, it shoes up in the email alerts, but customer thinks we are not answering calls. It is great when it works out
Pros
Benefits were fine
Cons
Slowly growing company, a lot to learn from their mistakes. Exceedingly large quotas that only 30% of people obtain
Management was terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2017
Management expects you to complete endless tasks creating a lose-lose when it comes to the work you do. If the manager doesn't like you, you won't move up. No matter your degree, experience, or how great you are at your job it's all about the quota.
Pros
. Stressful to always have to worry about making your goals
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RingCentral. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at RingCentral.

Powered by Comparably