Rio Grande Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Sometimes it was unorganized
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 11, 2018
I previously worked in an outpatient area. The staff was great to work with. Management was bad. We hardly had any staff meetings for updates. Seniority was never a priority. When I had complications from a pregnancy and needed to be on lighter duty, my manage had back on the unit instead of accommodating my needs. Overall, I liked the benefits. Pay was not enough.
Pros
work culture is good
Cons
manangement
A fast paced work environment where the staff is compassionate and committed to provide excellent care to the patient.
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work involves managing cases and coordinating discharge planning from the time of admission, utilization review of cases as well as the management of the care and ensuring safe appropriate discharge for the patient to the next level of care.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with caring colleagues and staff that are compassionate and really want the best for the patients we serve.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Team work enviroment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 29, 2018
Lovef it there. Very proffessional . fast paised but alot of team playing. Would highly recommend this Hospital as a great place to work anytime. One of my favorite jobs.
It's a good Hospital
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I was very exited to work for the Hospital, sadly I felt that management fail to care for employees at time of ending training. Overall the system that is used to work at this hospital is outdated, and not user friendly. Makes it harder to perform your job. After training everyone is trying to focus on their work that is hard to ask questions or help. Everyone was nice people to work with, I just felt that we could've done better in the professional level. If your a patient it is a good hospital to visit and receive care from, but as an employee I felt lost and confuse.
great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78503February 18, 2018
just enjoyed my time there was probably one off the best places I ever worked at I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone great place to work
Great place to work for
APRN (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Great working environment. Pleasant atmosphere. Approachable administrators. It was very evident that employees are happy making it easy to deliver your most effectiveness.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
N/a
ER Registration
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 29, 2017
Performs patient registration functions by interviewing patient or responsible party to obtain identification and demographic information. Verifies insurance/other payer benefits and performs up front collections. Determines eligibility and arrangements for admission of patients to hospital following policies and procedures
Starter job
STAFF NURSE/ CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 2, 2017
learned about management and importance of navigating policies and procedures in order to provide patient safety and best patient care. Started with great management but then went through several quick changes that altered the workplace atmosphere.
Pros
good stable work hours
Cons
too much upheaval when transitioning management
Lvn
LVN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Excellent atmosphere for a nurse to work in. Team work is stressed and fully supported by members of the executive healthcare team. The executive health care team understands the job has to be done but providing a positive environment help nurses and patients alike.
Pros
pay competitive
Cons
patient to nurse ratio
great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoy working for this organization. I just can't continue to work 12 hour shifts because of family dynamics. It is a very rewarding job. The staff is great.
Great Coworkers
Day Surgery Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 20, 2017
Working at Rio Grande was a pleasant experience with coworkers.
I had a good experienced working at this hospital. On my first week, I had a sweet and experienced Nurse for my training who taught me alot. I enjoyed my job duties and working as a team . The hospital has good benefits. Coworkers respects your personal time off and give you warm support when you need it. I would recommend this hospital for a secured and enjoyable job. Unfortunately, I was only a PRN employee but would love to go back in a full time position.
It was nice hospital to work for with lots of friendly warm employees
Outpatient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 17, 2017
My day would start off by reporting to the out patient registration
center where i registered patients and collected their financial responsibilities. i also did pre-certs for and visit that went from being a out pt. procedure to in patient. it was a very happy time in my life.
and I was very pleased with my overall experience.
Pros
hospital was not far from home
Cons
weekend shifts
There was a poor relationship between the staff and the nurse manager.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 9, 2017
The salary rate was quite low compared with the other hospitals. The nursery manager was not accomodating and unapproachable. But there was a good working relarionship among the staff.
Pros
Free lunch when you work extra
Cons
Short lunch break, too frequent cacellation of work
Loved patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 4, 2017
Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs. Turn or reposition bedridden patients. Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising. Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet. Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff. Record care given and report abnormalities to RN.
Pros
Fast paste
Cons
Short breaks
Small Hospital
NICU NURSE (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 19, 2017
This hospital is very small so you get to know all of the employees from the different departments by name. We also learn to work in close quarters which makes us very familial.
Pros
very welcoming
Cons
often short staffed
Productive workplace
Registrar (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 5, 2017
Good training was provided by the company and was given great benefits. worked long shifts but learned a lot from area that i worked in. Loved the environment and had different cultures to learn from as well.
Fast paced
Seasonal/ PRN Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 28, 2017
Fast paced environment, with up to 5 to 7 patients per nurse. Great resources available, and great teamwork. Diverse culture with staff and patients.
Great Place to Work
Manager of Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 7, 2017
Productive fast paced work environment
Professional Development
Mngt.-Empowering Leadership
Culture - Focused /Friendly
Enjoyable Working Environment
rio grande valley
Texas PRN Staffing Agency Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
rgrh is also a great place to work.awesome employees.a very busy upbeat environment.its on the Texas border and due to this it has its own unique challenges.
Some great staff so so management
Registrar (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Staff is decent
Short staffed everyone is over worked no chance for advancing
Get written up for calling off for emergencies
30 min break in a 12 hr shift
Pros
Good differentials
Cons
30 min breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rio Grande Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3