RIO GRANDE Employee Reviews

Credit Analyst & Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 7, 2018
I loved working at Rio, the company cares for its product, the people, and their mission. I was there for a brief time but learn so much and had so much support personally and professionally.
Poor management.
Concrete Laborer. Fence laborer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 25, 2018
My friend and I worked for her dad threw rio grande. He was very rude and took the lunch out our checks. Kept us overtime without the pay. Shorted our checks. It was just horrible.
fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 8, 2018
loved working with customers and the meals the owner made after work sometimes were extremely delicious...................................................................
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
long hours no advancement no raises. no vacations no healthcare
I did a good job
Wax Injector (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 27, 2017
I learned how to work on the Riacewax Machine. I leaned and created recipes on the machine. I also learned how to find hidden bubbles and to use wax pen to repair.This is the hardest part of the job.
I Improve personal injection speed and quality performance.
I like the management and workplace culture.
I am enjoy the team work, we have good communication, We help each other. I did a good job.
Great, a very unique culture.
Machine Operator, Hot Stamp (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2017
A great place to work, no middle management, instead participative management where areas have Teams and Coaches. If you have integrity, like to work, learn and live the Principals (#9 is Have Fun), you'll succeed.
People-focused and meaningful work environment
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 4, 2017
Rio Grande has a culture that makes it easy to feel important and valued. People are very satisfied with their work and genuinely enjoy their coworkers! It is an exceptional place to work.
Pros
work environment, people, flat management structure
A fun place to work.. if you can survive the culture.
Warehouse Expert I (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 31, 2016
Rio Grande is a fun job. When I started I expected to be surrounded by some great minds because of the serious hoops I had to jump through to get hired. It turned out to be just another job with the same banal people as any other job.

The culture is something else, Rio Grande has a Participative Management system with a nearly flat hierarchy. This system is set up so that everyone is a manager over everyone else on a given team. This is nice in principal but sticky in practice because some people who are prone to micro-managing are able to make life difficult for everyone else. Other people who just don't care and are just collecting a paycheck are another major problem.

Overall, Rio is not the place for me.. but I can understand why so many people there have been on the staff for 10+ years.
interesting place to work
Puller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking up and down a conveyor pulling orders.
I did learn some basic computer skills while I was there.The "participative management" model meant the managers were not really involved,you were not directly supervised.
My Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to transfer to a more suitable position, because of the clickish high school environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job, weekends off .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The favoritism, nepotism, cronyism, high school environment.
Culturally diverse work enviornment
Customer Service, Sales Agent, Call (Former Employee) –  Albuqueruqe, New MexicoJune 23, 2014
Answering phones, placing orders, returns, customer service.
8+ years of experience in SAP as an ABAP consultant with core strength in all aspects of development expertise in ABAP during implementation/Global ro
SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2013
I am the core team member and senior analyst programmer in the above projects. I have been working in onsite part of implementation and support.