Rio Hondo College Employee Reviews

Cold office environment
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 19, 2019
Tenure employees/ administrative assistants pretend to be nice but really hate everyone, starting with themselves. Often made complaints about these people to Rio Hondos HR Department and to no one's surprise they didn't do anything to discipline several employees who other previous registration clerks have made about these particular long time employees who in fact will be retiring soon. Your salary turns out to be an amount lower than the current minimum wage. Very unfortunate place to work.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 7, 2019
Enjoyable job.The office was friendly and always open to new ideas. A typical day was opening the doors to students with a smile. The work space is welcoming.
Good Place for Work Study
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 5, 2019
The Counseling Suite at Rio Hondo College is a great place to work. My supervisor is very patient and flexible with my schedule. You learn valuable skills as a student worker in this office
Pros
Flexible Schedule, friendly supervisors, you meet many students
Cons
Small office
It was ok
Admissions & Records Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 6, 2019
General office job. Not fun but not stressful. Didn't have to take work home with me. Good location but awful parking, even for employees. Bad food choices on campus.
Pros
holidays paid
Cons
Bad parking
training
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 25, 2018
I did law enforcement training at Rio Hondo a number of years ago. They had a regimented program where I learned many skills regarding driving, gun safety, and perpetrator take down.
Relaxed workplace being able to work at your own pace; every tutor is equal and helping of each other when needed
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 30, 2018
An enjoyable place to be where I can help those who are the same age as me in need of help. It takes some people a lot of effort to step out of their comfort zone to ask for help, and I am glad that I was able to help ease their experience by seeing and treating these students as friends rather than students coming in for help.
Pros
Gaining work experience, build lasting friendships as well as be able to assist them with their academic needs
Benefits
Poor office management
Human Resources- Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 18, 2018
Office manager has poor skills. Very negative environment that included personal attacks. No collaboration or involvement and promoted an environment of favoritism.
workplace
Student Worker- Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 13, 2018
the workplace is fast-paced and tedious and a place to be able to learn a lot for coworkers as well as from your management team. supervisors are all nice and willing to teach you anything and everything about your position and very supportive of you going to school and getting your education.
Pros
able to take study breaks for classes if you do attend classes at the college, friendly atmosphere
workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 28, 2018
im just student worker so I don't have any review. however, I learned something new like how to use MS word and excel. I had more chance to communication with people.
It's okay
Clerk Typist III (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 23, 2018
My work day includes, students reports, counselors reports, make calls to remind students regarding counselors appointments. Supervise Tutors time schedules and time sheets.
Pros
Cash back
Cons
Low paid salaries
Great Place
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 23, 2018
This institution is a great place to exercise customer service skills and to learn software. Through this institution I was able to learn Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop Software, Adobe Photoshop, VMWare, etc. It is a great place but does not have what I am looking for.
Pros
Great Benefits. Always have Christmas off, Thanksgiving off. Paid sick and Vacation.
Cons
No job advancement
Rio Hondo is a positive learning environment for students and faculty.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor ADN Program (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Rio Hondo is a excellent community college. It exemplifies the mission of community colleges in giving a diverse population of students the opportunity to achieve knowledge and skills to succeed in life and gain employment.
It was fun and productive when I was there.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my years at Rio and the programs were well run and met the needs of the students. The benefits were excellent compared to what one receives now and it was a good time. Parking is awful and though the environment on the hill is pleasant to view the parking still is not so pleasant.
Pros
Friends and good programs.
Cons
Parking and wasted money on food.
College work program
Audio Visual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 11, 2017
Good environment and people to work for, Was a night clerk and met great teachers and staff. Had opportunities to work with A/V management and staff of special projects
Pros
Worked Night with little Supervision
Cons
Low pay
overall ok
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 30, 2017
Your work experience is all dependent on the dept and who your supervisor is....

nice campus, great students to many politics overall cant beat the benefits
benefits
Cons
politics
Student Teacher
Guest Choreographer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 17, 2017
Its a great school to go to. Its local for most people in the east LA area. Beautiful campus, friendly staff. They have newly renovated much of the campus which makes it looks more modern.
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2017
This position includes holding up a caliber for a school that wants progress and enlightening transformation to an educated individual. My job is to uplift those who are in doubt of what they set out to accomplish because of life's obstacles, I relate to these students because I have been there and still deal with the battles overcoming victories in the end. I am a living testimony to my peers that ageism is a myth to gain knowledge and get a degree in any field they wish. It
Pros
enjoyment in helping others
Cons
non-paid varies
Laid-back comfortable place to work, not much pressure.
Automotive Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed the experience with other college students. We learned a lot from each other and the instructors were very helpful. If I could work there again I would do it in a heartbeat.
Pros
Peaceful, fun, laid-back
Cons
not much work gets done, work is not taken serious
Productive work environment and friendly people
MESA Facilitator/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 22, 2017
Very great environment for tutors who are seeking to do homework and get practice with basic fundamental concepts by helping students understand the material. The people are very relaxed and nice so you can feel comfortable helping anyone. My boss was great very understanding and also expects much from her tutors.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Great knowledge experience
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 16, 2017
Fun and great experience. It gave me the opportunity to apply classroom concepts, and to offer services to the community. Apply rules and follow procedures for the correct filling of tax returns. The hardest part of the job was to explain to people the results of their returns. The most enjoyable part was the learning and experience and helping to the community.