Rio Hondo College Employee Reviews

Poor office management
Human Resources- Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 18, 2018
Office manager has poor skills. Very negative environment that included personal attacks. No collaboration or involvement and promoted an environment of favoritism.
workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 28, 2018
im just student worker so I don't have any review. however, I learned something new like how to use MS word and excel. I had more chance to communication with people.
It's okay
Clerk Typist III (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 23, 2018
My work day includes, students reports, counselors reports, make calls to remind students regarding counselors appointments. Supervise Tutors time schedules and time sheets.
Pros
Cash back
Cons
Low paid salaries
Great Place
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 23, 2018
This institution is a great place to exercise customer service skills and to learn software. Through this institution I was able to learn Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop Software, Adobe Photoshop, VMWare, etc. It is a great place but does not have what I am looking for.
Pros
Great Benefits. Always have Christmas off, Thanksgiving off. Paid sick and Vacation.
Cons
No job advancement
Rio Hondo is a positive learning environment for students and faculty.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor ADN Program (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Rio Hondo is a excellent community college. It exemplifies the mission of community colleges in giving a diverse population of students the opportunity to achieve knowledge and skills to succeed in life and gain employment.
It was fun and productive when I was there.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my years at Rio and the programs were well run and met the needs of the students. The benefits were excellent compared to what one receives now and it was a good time. Parking is awful and though the environment on the hill is pleasant to view the parking still is not so pleasant.
Pros
Friends and good programs.
Cons
Parking and wasted money on food.
College work program
Audio Visual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 11, 2017
Good environment and people to work for, Was a night clerk and met great teachers and staff. Had opportunities to work with A/V management and staff of special projects
Pros
Worked Night with little Supervision
Cons
Low pay
Student Teacher
Guest Choreographer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 17, 2017
Its a great school to go to. Its local for most people in the east LA area. Beautiful campus, friendly staff. They have newly renovated much of the campus which makes it looks more modern.
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2017
This position includes holding up a caliber for a school that wants progress and enlightening transformation to an educated individual. My job is to uplift those who are in doubt of what they set out to accomplish because of life's obstacles, I relate to these students because I have been there and still deal with the battles overcoming victories in the end. I am a living testimony to my peers that ageism is a myth to gain knowledge and get a degree in any field they wish. It
Pros
enjoyment in helping others
Cons
non-paid varies
Laid-back comfortable place to work, not much pressure.
Automotive Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed the experience with other college students. We learned a lot from each other and the instructors were very helpful. If I could work there again I would do it in a heartbeat.
Pros
Peaceful, fun, laid-back
Cons
not much work gets done, work is not taken serious
Productive work environment and friendly people
MESA Facilitator/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 22, 2017
Very great environment for tutors who are seeking to do homework and get practice with basic fundamental concepts by helping students understand the material. The people are very relaxed and nice so you can feel comfortable helping anyone. My boss was great very understanding and also expects much from her tutors.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Welcoming, helpful, and fun workplace
Gateway Tutor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Rio Hondo college fosters growth and confidence in students to achieve their higher education goals, whether they are transfer to a four-year university or degree completion.
Great place to work. Flexible schedule. Great place to stay fresh on mathematics and physics
Tutor II (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 26, 2017
The atmosphere is great. The coworkers are easy to get a long with and are willing to help with anything if needed. The students that we tutor go in ready to learn. Couldn't ask for a better job at the moment. They are willing to work with me on my schedule (I am currently in school).
awesome
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 12, 2016
i love it here! they are all nice and extremely helpful! I'm blessed to work here! there are many great staff here that are willing to help you in any way they can.
Job was not enjoyable
Management (Former Employee) –  3600 Workman Mill Road Whittier, CA 90608May 24, 2016
I have seen them come and go here. I was management here and beside the hectic work environment the union has a strong hold over upper management. Some union employees have set camps loyal to one another and really can’t see the big picture in working with management so these camps will find ways to undermine the department with the support of union. The hardest part of the day was always thinking about which employee was going to run to the union for looking at them wrong. In addition, top level management will not come down off their high tower to talk to you. This place is a career breaker for any new manager coming in stay away!
Pros
Some benifits
Cons
Union president
It is the best place to wor at
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 18, 2016
I realy liked been working with this collage it is a wounderfull campuse where you can enjoy the nature sourrandies, the people that I worked with were very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
N/a
Liberal teachers, not so fun
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 16, 2015
In my time at the college, it was nothing exciting. Teachers were very liberal and made it clear they were simply there to collect a paycheck.
work was enjoyable.
Business & finance assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 2, 2015
work environment was great and management knowledgeable.loved the atmosphere and the job requirement was perfect enjoyed what i did and would love to do that as a future career.
Pros
worked with school schedule
Cons
It was an empowering establishment fill with ambitions and determination to learn.
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 23, 2015
It was a amazing

I helped mold the mind of others.
I learned patients
Taught me how to work with difficult individuals
I became disciplined, organized, detail orientated.

The hardest part of my job was getting the student to understand a foreign concept.

The best part of my job was knowing that I was changing a persons life for the better.
Pros
Working with brilliant minds
Cons
Pay was insufficient
Provided customer service and general information, performed general office duties including answering phones, and filing all my duties were enjoyable
Student Worker - Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Rio Hondo community college where I learned how to have create communication skills with my supervisors and coworkers.
Pros
I was able to have a Flexable suchdulde.