Rio Rancho Public Schools Employee Reviews

Great overall experience
Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 5, 2018
Excellent school system. Progressive and collaborative. I spent 10 years working at rrps . I learned s lot and it was s great experience I will never forget.
Work Culture needs improving
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho NMApril 11, 2018
I work in a stressful job requiring me to perform another persons job 95% of the time and I am allowed to perform my job 5% of the time. I am unable to accomplish my regular job duties within a regular work day on a regular basis
Pros
Many Vacation Days
Cons
Long hours, inadequate pay, hostile work environment, bullying, etc....
Great Place!
SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTIONAL LEADER (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho NMMarch 8, 2018
Excellent administration and a wonderful school! Teachers truly care about the students. Most of the parents are supportive. Excellent athletic programs. This school is also rated high in academic scores.
A rewarding place to work
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 7, 2018
Working in the education field is a rewarding place to work. Knowing that you are helping to tech our future. Children are so loving and willing to learn new things daily. The hardest part of the job is when a child is having a bad day and nothing you do can make it better.
Workplace Culture
SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 6, 2018
Workplace culture is good. People I work with are nice and always willing to help each other out. There is really no room for advancement and no professional development if you are not a teacher.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No raises or advancement opportunities
Great environmernt to work in..
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 2, 2018
Was allowed to create programming with federal grant monies to prove programming for school age children in an after school settings. Created 8 afterschool self sustaining programs
Pros
Great place to work with people
Competitive & rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 25, 2018
Very fast paced, great people, huge diversity of cultures. Movement in the district is always an option. Really enjoyed working with the students and the teachers.
Pros
Before school care is avalilable.
Cons
Child care is pretty expensive.
Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 7, 2018
I was a substitute teacher, I got to pick my own shifts and worked as I felt like it. But with this freedom meant that I really didn't get the benefits or management that is normally expected for a job.
Enjoyed working with Special need children
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  V Sue Cleveland High SchoolJanuary 22, 2018
Provided me with a great opportunity to work with special need children and help out where ever I was needed. I learned how the school system worked and the exceptions and demands that are placed on a teacher on a daily basis.
Pros
Hanging out with the children all day
Cons
NO breaks and no stability
I love the school, just not the District
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 9, 2018
The school site is incredible. I absolutely love the students and staff, but the salary isn't sufficient for all I do here, compared to other sites' administrative assistants. They typically handle what their supervisor/Principal needs while there are additional staff to handle bookkeeping, attendance, etc. Here, I do the job of 5 staff an only get paid the title salary with no compensation for the additional duties.
typical day
S.A.F.E ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 2, 2018
First off this was a split shift. Got to work at 6:30 am and stayed till about 9am. then came back about 3:30pm and stayed till 6pm. Before and after care program for elementary kiddos. I worked with 2nd and 3rd aged.
Rrps
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 11, 2017
As a sub you get to choose your own working hours great for busy schedules. You can also choose what age group you are most comfortable working with as well as the functional levels you are comfortable working with ( if you choose to to special education assignments)
Close-net community of educators
After-school clubs
Grade papers
Sensitive student records
Continuing Education classes
Pros
Small close-net community of Educators
Cons
Unspoken requirements outside of work hours, Administration
Overall majority of staff fun to work with.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 14, 2017
Due to limited funding by Public Education Department and the greater need for Teaching Staff. Elementary Security had to deal more with Parent issues than Mid or Highs school Security. Elementary Security dealt with more Restraining Orders, Court Orders, etc not permitting access to children. Over protective parents feeling their child does no wrong and staff is picking on them.

Elementary students have the same issues and problems as older students. They get into the same inappropriate activities due to lack of experience or home environments. Also the Elementary Students have limited social skills due to only having been cared for by parents and non-diagnosed medical issues until in a group setting.

Due to State and Federal regulations Staff has limited ability to control students and parents. Lack of support by upper management to limit or prevent issues. Lack of respect by parents and some staff.
Pros
182 day work schedule. Most Holidays off.
Cons
to many federal and state regulations District Administrators did not want negative publivcity.
It's more than being a Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 21, 2017
A typical work day is never the same because of staff, teachers and the students. Be prepared for requests while you are busy doing something else on your schedule from anyone in the school to visitors coming into the school. Teamwork is a must.
Pros
Helping others, students
Fast pace, hard work
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (Current Employee) –  RRPS New MexicoOctober 1, 2017
I love Rio Rancho Public Schools. If you have a strong belief in public education, then you will want to work in RRPS. Strong commitment to student success, better performing students, involved parents. There is a lot of paperwork involved and staff is essentially punished for students not meeting test requirements.
Pros
Commitment to education
Cons
You will never make more than $53, 000 a year
With legal issues and university time management issues, it was difficult to arrive on time.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 30, 2017
With recent legal issues and UNM time management issues, it was difficult to arrive on time. RRPS Adminsitration gives no breaks for tardiness.

Student Education instruction/help and socializing with teachers and students
Pros
Student Education instruction/help and socializing with teachers and students
Cons
RRPS and school Admin. difficult
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 19, 2017
Assist Administrator as needed, coordinated and prepared documents daily, researched and reviewed materials and other related duties as required. Answered telephone, assisted with scheduling appointments as directed. Prepared packets for various committees, meetings and professional advisory committees. The hardest part of my job was oral presentations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a wonderful people.
Pros
Very challenging position
Cons
The commute
fun people around
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NM 87144June 20, 2017
very stressful job but rewardiing at the same time. Caring for multiple disabeled children at a time is very hard, but their smiles bring one to my face daily.
Pros
summer off
Cons
short lunches
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJune 14, 2017
This job was great and a friendly environment. Co-workers are very helpful and everyone works as a team. Team work is the key to having a better work flow.