Riot Games

Working at Riot Games: 41 Reviews

United States41 reviews

gameculturefreecompanypeoplegreatmanagementjob

Encouraging and Inclusive

Everyone I interact with at Riot has a passion for being there, and making great things. As a remote contractor, I was always paid fairly and the vast majority of the time my goals, scope, and timeline were communicated very well and were very reasonable!

Buen ambiente

Buen lugar para trabajar, excelente ambiente para trabajar

Pros

Seguro medico

Cons

Contras

Riot Games insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun

Good job good environment would recommend job there anytime. The team was good to work with especially the night shift. I loved the space I was in all the time

Not bad

free food, great people and benefits, work life balance. Unique gamer culturebut surprisingly political for such a small companyOverall would highly suggest to anyone that wants to work in a tech field.

Overall Good Learning Experience

Company is passionate about making a difference in the industry and for players. I learned a lot about the pros and cons of a solid company culture. You get to work with a lot of passionate talented people. Org experienced some growing pains at the time as it matured further and sought to develop its identity and structure as an organization.

Pros

On-Campus Cafeteria and fairly stocked Pantry, Playtests, Culture, Learning and Development Courses

Cons

Lower Salary, Inter-team Politics due to structure and organizational models

Fun remote

Did as a remote opportunity during university years.Answered many support tickets, was compensated through in game currency. Program has been discontinued as of 2020.

One of a kind job experience!

This was a one of a kind job experience. A lot of pros but then the cons would be management. Many people were put in manager roles with no experience.

Pros

Free food, fully stocked kitchens, company events

Cons

A lot of managers that showed favoritism and had no idea how to manage

Fun place to work

Riot will keep you busy but it is a fun place to work. They care about their employees and handled covid well by quickly sending folks home. They also provided everyone with 1k to help setup their wfh setup.

Unable to grow in company, unless willing to accept management's political views.

The long standing culture at Riot Games is one of misogyny, false wokeness, and "locker room talk". Over the years it has become a factory for managers with little to no experience who are hired based on their relationships to executives at the company to grow their resume while under performing in their role.

Pros

Free food, games on break

Cons

Company culture, management

Riot's not a place for everyone, but THE place for some

Riot's a unique company still catching up from an infrastructure standpoint from their massive expansion and success in the early 2010's. Being a part of that growth is challenging, but there's no better feeling of satisfaction of accomplishing your goals and making an impact in that environment, and an engaged player base. Riot is not for someone looking to coast for a little while, if you try to coast you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Great working environment filled with passionate people

Everyone here is passionate about what they do. It's always easy to meet new people and start new conversations. Everyone here works hard and also knows very well how to balance that with good fun.

Great company to work for

Lots of talented colleagues and great company culture. I had a blast working for the company and felt well compensated. I've grown a lot as a person through my commitment in working at Riot Games

Don’t bother if you don’t breathe videogames

It doesn’t matter how exceptional you are at your craft:if gaming isn’t your heart and soul you will be shunned. Note: I like playing games but not for my first hour of the day at work, 2-3 hours a day in the afternoon, another hour of games on campus after eating there, then going home and paying for several more hours with Theo-Le you just played for 5 hours with during the work day every single day. It’s worse if you’re a girl there is a very specific mold they expect there

Agile company that learns from its mistakes

The culture is second to none and the desire to have a positive work environment and willingness to help employees grow in any area they want is what Riot is all about. But you better love games!

Comfort Zone

Many folks fall into a comfort zone which leads to complacency, as it’s impossible to get fired here. The same complacent managers are recycled year after year with no accountability for results.

Pros

Work Life balance

Cons

Lack of any manager accountability

Great

Was a great place to work day to day with wonderful people always willing to help you grow and succeed in your goals. I have nothing but good things to say about the people and culture. It always felt like home coming into a job I thoroughly enjoyed.

Great work culture

I loved working for riot games, the culture was incredible and I felt very useful and accepted. there was always opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating the live shows.

Look for the helpers

Great place to work and learn new skills. Also a great place to build relationships with experts all over the world. Problem spaces are complex and vast and fun to work through with a collaborative team.

Fun environment for gamers

They allow employees to be themselves. Trouble is if one of them is very negative they don't stop them. That's both good and bad! It's fun getting free food and lattes!

Friendly environment with all you can eat

Cleaning before service starts and making sure everything is where it should be. Making sure products are stocked well and your'e area is clean and ready for service. food catering events would occur meaning helping handling food and attending events, parties/gatherings.

Pros

All you can eat, game room, free coffee

Cons

short breaks

Fun work place with poor management

I loved working here in the beginning. During my employment I had two managers who had no idea how to manage. There was also no room for growth. And there was only one raise during the time I was employed.

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch and dinner

Cons

Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riot Games. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight