RIPLEY'S ENTERTAINMENT Employee Reviews

Education
Ripleys (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 5, 2018
The coworkers and experience are the only perks of this job. The management is very unprofessional. The education management will schedule themselves to give breaks and then never show up so you’re left working your shift without a break, if you make them upset in any way they cut your hours to less than 10. The managers in this department are unorganized and give little care to employees.
Pros
Coworker environment
Love working at Ripley's
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 19, 2018
I love working at Ripley's Entertainment Inc. Because it's never boring and I love meeting. New people from other places. Ripley's is a fun place to work. Management is awesome to work for.
Pros
Great discounts
ok place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 11, 2018
decent place to work a lot of young kids due to seasonal job really just depends on what you do there. get to meet ppl from all over the place so that's cool.
Great college job
Educator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 14, 2018
I would recommend this company to any college student or retiree for a part time job. It is not possible to live on your own with just this income. The management here is volatile and always in transition.
management is laughable
Guest Relations, Admissions, Wax Hands Artist (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMay 8, 2018
I barely got any hours, and the pay is horrible. The GM doesn't care about anyone but himself & the few people who will do anything to please him. I wouldn't suggest working here to anyone.
Fun Place to work but High Stress Volume
Controller (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 30, 2018
It is a fun place to work but can be filled with high stress due to demands during the day and employee levels. Month end closing is very quick and the budgeting process is very archaic.
never doing the same thing
Gift Shop Cashier/Supervisor/Candy lead (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working here these past few years. Summer is wild and extremely fast paced. there is never a dull moment. In the offseason (winter) it slows way down and you fight for hours but it is such a nice break after that summer rush.
Quick Paced but Relaxing
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2018
A typical day you would work around 8 hours with a 15 and 30 minute break, dealt with around 500-1000 customers a day. The manager is a strict man but hes nice and does genuinely care about his staff.
Great atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
From the weird to the normal, they treat you like a valued employee. So much growth opportunities with this group. Hardest part of job was not sneaking a peak at each exhibit.
Excellent OPS Manager & Excellent 3rd shift employees
Reception - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 28, 2017
Awesome place to work.
Great Team Players!!!
I worked the 3rd shift and loved what I did!!!
To be in an Aquarium after hours was the best ever. Unfortunately, I didn't care to live where it snowed occasionally..
Pros
great working environment & teammates
Cons
One of the best jobs I ever had!
Cashier/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 11, 2017
Ripleys is a great environment and a wonderful company to work for. You get to meet new people every day, you rotate out at each attraction so you're not stuck at the same place all the time. Despite other reviews on here, management is great and they DO care, and are always there to listen to any concerns. I felt like I was part of a family when I worked there and if I didn't live so far away now I would go back to work part time.
Pros
Free admission to other area attractions & all Ripley attractions, shifts fly by on busy days
Cons
Very busy in summer months, late closing time during summer (if working evening shift), there is zero down time - there is always something to do/clean.
great place to work. every one is very friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 30, 2016
even hard days are worth it due to the good people who work there. and truth be told as long as you stay on top of your job it is quite easy and has lots of free time.
Pros
rewarding. normally calm and simple.
Cons
very few
Productive an Fun Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 7, 2016
Fun work place, the management was amazing, an all out a great place to work at. Being outside was really the only bad thing I could say.
Pros
Getting to see the marine life
Cons
going to every ripleys attraction
80% teenagers which means you're a baby sitter
Educator (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 16, 2016
There are 8 attractions in the area and they have a very high turn over rate for a reason. Job fairs come in March April and sometimes September. They hire teenagers. The pay is very low for the amount of work you are asked to do. If you're an adult, you are pretty much baby sitting children who don't do their jobs. There only one raise after 90 days then you'll never get another. Only managers get benefits and insurance. You work long hours, have short breaks and the CEO and wife are politicians who run the place into the ground. They do not care about employees.
Pros
Free admission to attractions
Cons
All of it
I was treated like family
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 6, 2016
This is a great place to work. Everyone is passionate about what they do there. This company treats you like a part of their own family, and will take care of you in need.
Pros
Discounted attractions, uniforms are provided, at least 3 breaks depending on hours
Cons
Lot of high school workers
fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 4, 2015
i maintain and track all merchandise for the gift shop and make sure all packages and shipments reach the right department and that everything is in good condition. I shipped many different products/ marine life out to corresponding destinations. Kept inventory on all 500,000 + units that we had for the gift shop, along with leading inventory for the shop. Made sure that our warehouse was stocked with product to bring to the store and what we might need if we are running low. Receving large shipments of product and making sure they it is brought to our off site location for storage, along with maintaining full stock on site. Created displays for the gift shop to entice customers to buy products. Management at the gift shop was always great, along with employees. Hardest part would be having to work around all the customers.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
rotate out employees too often, not enough job security
Fun Enviornment to work in
Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 28, 2015
A typical day at Ripley's involves counting down a cash drawer and selling tickets to multiple venues on Ocean Blvd. The main objective with this job was to be professional and sell, sell, sell. The co-workers were very energetic and understood what the job entailed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the extremely rude customers, but the most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and people.
Pros
Enjoyable working enviornment
Cons
short breaks
Great job in Gatlinburg
Guest Relations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNOctober 24, 2014
Working for Ripley's has benefited me tremendously with a positive impact. You learn more about yourself as you take on more responsibilities and you definitely have the opportunity to heighten your work ethic and skills. Everyone is friendly and you get to meet people from not only all over the nation, but also the world. Hardest part of the job is probably being able to stay calm and collected during certain situations, but its during these times when you are able to learn to prepare for adulthood and you get to hone in on skills that may be required of you later in life. Overall its a great place to work in East Tennessee, especially if you are new to the job circuit.
Pros
Monthly free lunches, discounted tickets to other great entertainments in the area
Cons
strict, you deal with thousands of people
Fun place to work
Guest Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 8, 2014
Ripleys is a great place to work. Most of my co-workers are great to be around. Management is easy to talk to and if you need anything they are there for you.
Pros
Different attractions to work at, fun atmosphere
Cons
Not a full time job
So much fun!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
This was by far my most fun place of employment! Great museums and interesting day to day duties! The only con would be that it was min wage.