Ripple

Ripple Employee Reviews

Ripple insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Sales Division Culture is Horrible

Hit all my targets and even closed deals after being let go. I made far more money than my manager in just 6 months because of my sales success and was terminated under the auspices of "attention to detail". Results should speak for themselves, but don't count on a meritocracy in the Sales division of Ripple. Manager told me in "Week 6" that he'd fire me if I didn't prove myself in six months. I did prove myself in 6 months but he decided to railroad me in front of VP Sales who was completely hoodwinked. PRO TIP AND KEY LESSON LEARNED AT RIPPLE: when your boss tells your prospects in meetings that "our management has a gun to our heads if you don't sign this quarter." immediately report that to HR and document everything. You'll do yourself, your colleagues, and your company a huge favor. Get in front of stories like that. I did not. I was too busy making great commissions which filled said manager with overwhelming jealousy.

Great Work

Work for Ripple was a blast, the management was very helpful and accommodating. Everyone you work with is equally helpful and friendly. There was also good opportunity for extra work.

Environment becoming more cut-throat and political

There is a high degree of churn and turnover within Engineering management, which seems to encourage more competitive and toxic culture. Managers claw their way to VP through deceit or undermining their peers because it's the most effective way to progress in an environment without leadership.Combined with an HR culture where job title is the only measure of value to the company, this leads to surprising promotions for the wrong style of leadership. The top of the pile is setting a horrible example for the rest of us and it shows in general morale. Peers are generally good but tightly compartmentalized. Overzealous emphasis on needing to have winners and losers (or at least someone else to blame) leads to teams circling the wagons to protect themselves. Teams that reach outside their boundaries are effectively punished by working harder and scapegoating when overextended.We recently had a team member "let go" because a VP _from a completely separate organization_ felt they should be replaced. Cowardly management makes this possible and it destroys trust and morale.

Ripple is a fantastic company to work for!

Ripple is a fantastic company to work for. Their programs and policies truly support their mission to enable the Internet of Value. Ripple is a prominent FinTech startup, and treats its employees very well.

Pros

Financial education, on site lunches, fun company outings

Cons

Not yet a household name, but it will be

Not much to say, be careful.

I enjoyed my close co-workers. Managers are incompetent. Managers do not value their employees and look for reasons to fire, rather than to keep. If you are looking for good pay and don't care about ethics or your reputation this the place for you. Be careful who you associate with as this company is all about who you know. Managers have tendencies to scream at employees and belittle them in front of everyone and then have the nerve to call employees "unprofessional" if they stand their ground. If you are a yes person, you might fit in.

Pros

Work schedule is pretty relaxed.

Cons

Incompetent Managers

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

team work

The nicest thing is to see every day fresh ingredient and all local farmers provide, also to see the talented young chef doing different kinds of multicultural dishes. I like it the leadership that she had comprehensive and problem resolver and us as a part of the team we keep clean our area and responsible for good presentation every single plate the hardest part is when we run out with something and people don't stop asking for. The enjoyable is after the busy part because everyone doing a buck up for the next round also when cleaning time because evryone sinking, yelling and running because everyone want to leave specially Friday or saturday.

Pros

free drink (non-alcoholic) and diner

Cons

30 minutes break

Best blockchain company!

This is by far the most dynamic company to be working at in San Francisco and one of the few crytpocurrencies with an actual use case. The work environment/culture is great and the leadership team is solid. Every day there's something new and exciting that is happening at the company.

in flux

The company changed alot while I was there, starting out as 'ripple labs' they where very open and experimental, by the time i left they where very corporate and banking focused. alot of turnover, company values changed, and the management had a very weird culture. Overall however, it was nice working remote, and there where a good number of sharp people there.

Politics is the name of the game

Do your job well. Get positive 6 month review. Get laid off. See your job posted, but you're never called in. See bad apples get rewarded for bad behavior (information hoarding, bullying, gaslighting.) Upper management loves Uber management. Not much more needs to be said.

Pros

Nice views.

Cons

Politics rules. Kissing butt is all that matters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ripple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight