Ripple

Ripple

Ripple Employee Review

Ripple Professional Review - Not much to say, be careful.

I enjoyed my close co-workers. Managers are incompetent. Managers do not value their employees and look for reasons to fire, rather than to keep. If you are looking for good pay and don't care about ethics or your reputation this the place for you. Be careful who you associate with as this company is all about who you know. Managers have tendencies to scream at employees and belittle them in front of everyone and then have the nerve to call employees "unprofessional" if they stand their ground. If you are a yes person, you might fit in.

Pros

Work schedule is pretty relaxed.

Cons

Incompetent Managers

Great Work

Work for Ripple was a blast, the management was very helpful and accommodating. Everyone you work with is equally helpful and friendly. There was also good opportunity for extra work.

Environment becoming more cut-throat and political

There is a high degree of churn and turnover within Engineering management, which seems to encourage more competitive and toxic culture. Managers claw their way to VP through deceit or undermining their peers because it's the most effective way to progress in an environment without leadership.Combined with an HR culture where job title is the only measure of value to the company, this leads to surprising promotions for the wrong style of leadership. The top of the pile is setting a horrible example for the rest of us and it shows in general morale. Peers are generally good but tightly compartmentalized. Overzealous emphasis on needing to have winners and losers (or at least someone else to blame) leads to teams circling the wagons to protect themselves. Teams that reach outside their boundaries are effectively punished by working harder and scapegoating when overextended.We recently had a team member "let go" because a VP _from a completely separate organization_ felt they should be replaced. Cowardly management makes this possible and it destroys trust and morale.

Sales Division Culture is Horrible

Hit all my targets and even closed deals after being let go. I made far more money than my manager in just 6 months because of my sales success and was terminated under the auspices of "attention to detail". Results should speak for themselves, but don't count on a meritocracy in the Sales division of Ripple. Manager told me in "Week 6" that he'd fire me if I didn't prove myself in six months. I did prove myself in 6 months but he decided to railroad me in front of VP Sales who was completely hoodwinked. PRO TIP AND KEY LESSON LEARNED AT RIPPLE: when your boss tells your prospects in meetings that "our management has a gun to our heads if you don't sign this quarter." immediately report that to HR and document everything. You'll do yourself, your colleagues, and your company a huge favor. Get in front of stories like that. I did not. I was too busy making great commissions which filled said manager with overwhelming jealousy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ripple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Ripple
  • Not much to say, be careful.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?