RISE Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management but rewarding experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  LaGrandeOctober 2, 2018
Love my clients (both medical and behavioral). Behavioral can be a bit challenging at times however still rewarding. Pay sucks. Good luck taking any sick time. Good luck having a life outside of work as more often than not staffing is short handed. No real such thing as part time besides benefits. Generally you work full time hours without the benefits of full time. Hard to get any time off and its never guaranteed. Schedule for Sunday through Saturday usually isn't out until the Friday before (multiple houses I've worked at like this). So schedule posts Friday for that Sunday (2 days notice if you work Sunday) through Saturday. Hard to plan any home life activities or trips.

Working with the clients however, is very rewarding.
Cons
Schedules
High demand/ low compensation
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 4, 2018
This particular position takes an enormous amount of time, energy, and patience without much benefit or acknowledgement. Chronically understaffed and undervalued.
Pros
The support staff are hard working and compassionate
Cons
long working hours, lack of compensation
About money not the clients
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 9, 2018
They care about making money not about helping people. Upper management takes expensive trips to Utah for business meetings instead of finding cheaper ways like conference calls and thinking outside of the box. More money needs to be put into the clients and especially children, who need better socializing experiences. Also there needs to be more effort put into nutrition and how this can affect behavior in people with adhd and mood disorders. Overall not impressed with the care for the clients, it is actually sad.
Terrible management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 25, 2017
I was thrown into a high behavioral home with no notice, didn't receive full training in defensive maneuvers, and was terminated after beginning a workers compensation claim. The management was terrible and cruel, and there was little to no help from the administrative level, who made all major decisions but also spent little to no time with clients. My clients were incredibly violent and there was absolutely no accommodation for my PTSD due to physical abuse until I refused to work with one of my clients regardless of my disclosure from day 1. The administration was curt short and rude at any and all opportunity and threw wild accusations at employees with no evidence. This job should have been something that I loved but instead it grew into a challenge for me to go in every day.
Pros
Food at home
Cons
No breaks, not enough training, poor management, wildly changing hours
Yikes
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 30, 2018
The management is awful and you aren’t paid close to what you deserve. Long hours and rude coworkers. Management doesn’t care about anyone but themselves and doesn’t help
Productive yet fun work place. Flexibility in the schedule, and amazing clients, who-workers, and upper management.
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 28, 2018
RISE is everything you could possibly want in a Work place! Nothing but love towards this amazing company. Caring upper management, a wonderful mission statement, and plenty of opportunities to move up within the company!
Relaxed Workplace/Great for students
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 14, 2018
This job is great for students. I was able to complete homework assignments while working. The one thing this company lacks is communication between DSP's and management. I would recommend this job as a temporary job, not a career.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Poor communication
Would not recommend
Team Lead, Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 10, 2018
I, along with many other people who worked at RISE when I did, left due to poor management. The management team for the Residential side of the company is inexperienced and they make many decisions for self-benefit rather than for the benefit of the individuals receiving services from the agency. I would not work here again, and I would not recommend the residential side of the agency to anyone other than college students who need a flexible schedule.
Cons
Poor/inexperienced management
not a place i recommed
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  albany oregonMay 6, 2018
They are the most high school drama I have ever seen. Management and above still think they are in high school. Their clichés and making up stories to get rid of good staff. They keep the staff that does not work and have no brains. They like to puppeteer and be in control. Major power trips. How they keep these people is beyond me. Not a good way to keep staff by telling them all the negative things they do wrong and never focus on what is done right. When they focus on negative they never come up with solutions to help they just let things be.
Pros
Cons
all
Dishonest supervisors and poor management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 27, 2018
Our original supervisor in the office was amazing and had built this program from the ground up until they fired her with no warning whatsoever. The person given the position of supervisor afterward was completely dishonest when I would ask her questions about my own performance. Another employee, who soon left the agency because she did not feel her job was safe or that the organization was honest, let me know that the person I had taken over for left for the same reasons. It is only a few young women that work here and it begins to feel like a high-school class where everyone talks about each other. Overall, the agency works in very shady and dishonest ways, the management is incredibly poor, and there is no job security whatsoever. By the end of the day, it does not matter whether you are actually helping children and families. What they want is to bring in money, they will not train you enough, and then they will penalize you for things you were not informed on or had to learn yourself. I would not recommend this agency to anyone.
Cons
Poor management, dishonest, shady
About rise
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 21, 2018
I think rise because it is very professional, organize, neat, and good with pay rol. Pay checks always on time and I like to co workers. We are very team and always work together and also communication very well
Workplace
HCBS Provider (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
This job was great, you are more self independent on working the job depending on what department you are working with, management was very reasonable.
High turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 31, 2018
There is very little room for growth or advancement at this company. The pay is substandard and there is high turnover. Not the best place as your first choice for employment.
I love it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2018
I love working here. I work in in-home care so I travel to my clients. It’s very fulfilling to actually see how I’m helping these people. There’s not really a dress code and it’s very low stress if you get a family that matches you well. There are some challenges like behavior and communication with clients but that is expected and you work past it.
Energetic and fast paced
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with employers and consumers, learn new skills through hands on working enviroment. Earned new skills and experience working with Rise.
Pros
Socialize and mentoring consumers
Cons
None to report
Stressful company to work for with low pay and ignorant management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 14, 2017
The clients and individuals we support are great. The management is very distant and only comes to offices to fire people. It was disappointing how they interacted with salary employees and lack of concern and understanding they showed. The communication was poor and expectations unrealistic. The financial budgets were questionable, always saying programs were losing money even though we had numerous new clients. The management was not trustworthy or professional.

The services we provide are okay, but I would never send my child to Rise.
Pros
Clients
A wonderful, flexible workplace for a student and parent
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 16, 2018
I worked as a grave shift caregiver in a group home. Where I was in charge of completing data entry from the day before. Chores included, laundry, general cleaning, and getting the home ready for the following shift. The management was wonderfully kind regarding flexibility around my schedule. The hardest part of the job was the overnight hours, but if I could do the same job with daytime hours, I would be ecstatic.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Night hours
Good people who are overworked
Family Preservation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206September 20, 2018
RISE is a very small private organization. It has great people working there, however there is more work to be done than people to do it. Employees are spread very thin and are expected to perform job duties with limited resources.
Rise
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMay 25, 2018
Rise is not a good company to work for. They schedule you to work every weekend saturday and Sunday both 12 hour shifts and when you say something to management they don't do anything but take it personal. Also you only get 1 day off a week when you are supposed to only be part time.
Dishonest and poor management
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2018
Besides the lack of training, poor pay and unfriendly office environment, my biggest complaint is the awful management. I have found that our supervisor at the Tucson office will blatantly lie to you to avoid confrontation just long enough for the higher-ups to come down hard on you for something you could have been warned about earlier. Aside from working with some very nice families, the management has gone downhill since they lost their original supervisor. There is no loyalty to employees whatsoever and there is blatant nepotism amongst the agency.
Cons
Dishonest supervisors, poor management, lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RISE Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight