RISE Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive yet fun work place. Flexibility in the schedule, and amazing clients, who-workers, and upper management.
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 28, 2018
RISE is everything you could possibly want in a Work place! Nothing but love towards this amazing company. Caring upper management, a wonderful mission statement, and plenty of opportunities to move up within the company!
I love it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2018
I love working here. I work in in-home care so I travel to my clients. It’s very fulfilling to actually see how I’m helping these people. There’s not really a dress code and it’s very low stress if you get a family that matches you well. There are some challenges like behavior and communication with clients but that is expected and you work past it.
Management writes people up without getting facts
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 1, 2018
It's like having a knife to your throat all of the time. Mgt is ready to pounce and write up without asking questions or investigating.
Very stressful.
Pros
Love working with disabled people
Cons
Harsh managers
Yikes
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 30, 2018
The management is awful and you aren’t paid close to what you deserve. Long hours and rude coworkers. Management doesn’t care about anyone but themselves and doesn’t help
Would not recommend
Team Lead, Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 10, 2018
I, along with many other people who worked at RISE when I did, left due to poor management. The management team for the Residential side of the company is inexperienced and they make many decisions for self-benefit rather than for the benefit of the individuals receiving services from the agency. I would not work here again, and I would not recommend the residential side of the agency to anyone other than college students who need a flexible schedule.
Cons
Poor/inexperienced management
Rise
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMay 25, 2018
Rise is not a good company to work for. They schedule you to work every weekend saturday and Sunday both 12 hour shifts and when you say something to management they don't do anything but take it personal. Also you only get 1 day off a week when you are supposed to only be part time.
Productive and clean workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 12, 2018
I loved working there. All employees were friendly and helpful. Management was also very nice and understanding of my unexpected situation. I wish I could have worked there longer!
not a place i recommed
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  albany oregonMay 6, 2018
They are the most high school drama I have ever seen. Management and above still think they are in high school. Their clichés and making up stories to get rid of good staff. They keep the staff that does not work and have no brains. They like to puppeteer and be in control. Major power trips. How they keep these people is beyond me. Not a good way to keep staff by telling them all the negative things they do wrong and never focus on what is done right. When they focus on negative they never come up with solutions to help they just let things be.
Pros
Cons
all
A wonderful, flexible workplace for a student and parent
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 16, 2018
I worked as a grave shift caregiver in a group home. Where I was in charge of completing data entry from the day before. Chores included, laundry, general cleaning, and getting the home ready for the following shift. The management was wonderfully kind regarding flexibility around my schedule. The hardest part of the job was the overnight hours, but if I could do the same job with daytime hours, I would be ecstatic.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Night hours
High demand/ low compensation
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 4, 2018
This particular position takes an enormous amount of time, energy, and patience without much benefit or acknowledgement. Chronically understaffed and undervalued.
Pros
The support staff are hard working and compassionate
Cons
long working hours, lack of compensation
You can’t work over time and if you do they don’t pay you overtime
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 26, 2018
They don’t work around your schedule and if someone calls out of work they call you and guilt trip you into working because someone need to take care of these patients.
Pros
I got a gas card once
Cons
Pay, hours, distances
Flexibile job with good core benefits.
Provider (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMarch 17, 2018
The company is very easy to understand and flexible to work with. The trainings are spot on and fast as long as you keep up with it in a timely manner. Overall the company offers more than minimum wage for the position but it is not enough to live off of it. This position is a excellent second job or hobby when you are retired. Highly recommend if money isn’t a factor for the individual.
Pros
Amazing experiences and life lessons with the clients.
Cons
Small job wage and no access to overtime.
Hard Work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ORMarch 15, 2018
This is a field that requires people to be diligent at all times as they are dealing with individuals who need help to live the best lives that you can help provide them.
Pros
fulfilling work
Cons
potential for hostile work environment
Great people
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 5, 2018
Great people, great programs, given the material they have to work with, dedication to the max and a willingness to help train and suppoert the people who work there.
Dishonest and poor management
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2018
Besides the lack of training, poor pay and unfriendly office environment, my biggest complaint is the awful management. I have found that our supervisor at the Tucson office will blatantly lie to you to avoid confrontation just long enough for the higher-ups to come down hard on you for something you could have been warned about earlier. Aside from working with some very nice families, the management has gone downhill since they lost their original supervisor. There is no loyalty to employees whatsoever and there is blatant nepotism amongst the agency.
Cons
Dishonest supervisors, poor management, lack of training
Dishonest supervisors and poor management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 27, 2018
Our original supervisor in the office was amazing and had built this program from the ground up until they fired her with no warning whatsoever. The person given the position of supervisor afterward was completely dishonest when I would ask her questions about my own performance. Another employee, who soon left the agency because she did not feel her job was safe or that the organization was honest, let me know that the person I had taken over for left for the same reasons. It is only a few young women that work here and it begins to feel like a high-school class where everyone talks about each other. Overall, the agency works in very shady and dishonest ways, the management is incredibly poor, and there is no job security whatsoever. By the end of the day, it does not matter whether you are actually helping children and families. What they want is to bring in money, they will not train you enough, and then they will penalize you for things you were not informed on or had to learn yourself. I would not recommend this agency to anyone.
Cons
Poor management, dishonest, shady
It’s a fun place to build friendships.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 7, 2017
Rise has shown me so much. How to react positively when things get a little awry. How to handle someone who needs CPR. Also, how to protect myself if a client gets out of control.
Terrible management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 25, 2017
I was thrown into a high behavioral home with no notice, didn't receive full training in defensive maneuvers, and was terminated after beginning a workers compensation claim. The management was terrible and cruel, and there was little to no help from the administrative level, who made all major decisions but also spent little to no time with clients. My clients were incredibly violent and there was absolutely no accommodation for my PTSD due to physical abuse until I refused to work with one of my clients regardless of my disclosure from day 1. The administration was curt short and rude at any and all opportunity and threw wild accusations at employees with no evidence. This job should have been something that I loved but instead it grew into a challenge for me to go in every day.
Pros
Food at home
Cons
No breaks, not enough training, poor management, wildly changing hours
Caring and Understanding Work Environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 23, 2017
The number one aspect I love about working as RISE is that the connection you make with the clients is like nothing else. It's like creating a family I never thought I had. The environment is very relaxed and every body cares about everybody else. It is the one place I have worked that I get excited about going to everyday. Every once in a while there are small perks for doing jobs well and if you make a mistake everyone is understanding. I do not plan on leaving this job any time in the near future.
No secure place is don't drugs free!
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2017
Working to much, 4 or more people for one staff, no iniciativa or promote for staff ONLY THE people from Office and for staff ONLY was fevorite from manager
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RISE Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight