RISE Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Aide (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 5, 2019
Good place to work. The management is great and I love the clients! It is a bit stressful at time. And hard to get full time. So if you are a student they have super flexible schedule which works great!
not paid for work experience
PRODUCTION SUPERVISER AT COON RAPIDS CIP (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 4, 2019
I worked at rise coon rapids. I was paid a dollar less at 15 years experience in the field I worked, though I had 2 year vocational degree, while someone with a 2 year college degree in literature got paid a dollar more an hour and had no experience in the job field...when asked why I was told it didn't matter what 2 year degree it could be in sports broadcasting as far as they cared, but vocational 2 years was considered lesser and not valued by them.
Pros
some people in the trenches were good
Cons
to many to state
Not good not bad
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2019
Unfortunate management, many issues among staff and many issues with under staffing. Unappreciated as an employer. Very overwhelming at times and stressful.
Good place to get your foot in the door but...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2019
If you’re interested in working in this industry , Rise is a good place to get your foot in the door. Clients/families are awesome. Management is hit and miss. Turn over rate is awful. You don’t get paid what you’re worth and it gets frustrating at times. The job itself is rewarding but find a better agency with better pay.
Pros
Clients/families
Cons
Pay
I worked in a residential home with two teenagers with autism and very high sibs
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaFebruary 13, 2019
I worked in a residential home with two teenagers with very high sibs. I was trained to put my clients in a hold if necessary to keep them safe. I worked on T logs and intake and elination, , administering meds, And Took them on outings made them their meals and other extracurricular activities.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Sometimes you can get hurt when your clients have very high sibs
Poor Leadership
management (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 5, 2019
Poor leadership in Oregon, the current leaders of Oregon are not aligned with the agencies values and vision. The most important people who are doing all the hard work are not supported or valued.
Pros
clients
Cons
lead
Poor work environment
DTA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DTAJanuary 25, 2019
This was a horrible company to work for. Run!! Director was a perv always putting his hands on female employees. Lied all the time to his employees. Upper management never came around or cared about staff.
Good for a while
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJanuary 25, 2019
It’s a very great place to work in. The problem I have is too much driving and not many hours. Or lack of management. The bright side, you meet so many awesome sweet clients. And at the end of the day you feel great because you’ve done something good in someone’s life :)
Pros
Understandable in some situations.
Cons
Driving a lot.
Energetic and fast paced
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with employers and consumers, learn new skills through hands on working enviroment. Earned new skills and experience working with Rise.
Pros
Socialize and mentoring consumers
Cons
None to report
Consumers keep you on your feet. I love it.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 21, 2018
Rise is a great place to work for. Find one good manager and it will be a great place to work . I love how Rise had consumers working in main office. I liked how no one talked about being disabled.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Too much gossip
About rise
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 21, 2018
I think rise because it is very professional, organize, neat, and good with pay rol. Pay checks always on time and I like to co workers. We are very team and always work together and also communication very well
About money not the clients
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 9, 2018
They care about making money not about helping people. Upper management takes expensive trips to Utah for business meetings instead of finding cheaper ways like conference calls and thinking outside of the box. More money needs to be put into the clients and especially children, who need better socializing experiences. Also there needs to be more effort put into nutrition and how this can affect behavior in people with adhd and mood disorders. Overall not impressed with the care for the clients, it is actually sad.
Poor management but rewarding experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  LaGrandeOctober 2, 2018
Love my clients (both medical and behavioral). Behavioral can be a bit challenging at times however still rewarding. Pay sucks. Good luck taking any sick time. Good luck having a life outside of work as more often than not staffing is short handed. No real such thing as part time besides benefits. Generally you work full time hours without the benefits of full time. Hard to get any time off and its never guaranteed. Schedule for Sunday through Saturday usually isn't out until the Friday before (multiple houses I've worked at like this). So schedule posts Friday for that Sunday (2 days notice if you work Sunday) through Saturday. Hard to plan any home life activities or trips.

Working with the clients however, is very rewarding.
Cons
Schedules
Workplace
HCBS Provider (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
This job was great, you are more self independent on working the job depending on what department you are working with, management was very reasonable.
Good people who are overworked
Family Preservation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206September 20, 2018
RISE is a very small private organization. It has great people working there, however there is more work to be done than people to do it. Employees are spread very thin and are expected to perform job duties with limited resources.
Productive yet fun work place. Flexibility in the schedule, and amazing clients, who-workers, and upper management.
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 28, 2018
RISE is everything you could possibly want in a Work place! Nothing but love towards this amazing company. Caring upper management, a wonderful mission statement, and plenty of opportunities to move up within the company!
Enjoyable and fun place to work for.
HCBS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the families and employees that I had on my caseload. Rise works with disabled adults and children and help with the elderly as well.
Pros
The families and clients
Cons
Long work hours on some days
I love it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2018
I love working here. I work in in-home care so I travel to my clients. It’s very fulfilling to actually see how I’m helping these people. There’s not really a dress code and it’s very low stress if you get a family that matches you well. There are some challenges like behavior and communication with clients but that is expected and you work past it.
Management writes people up without getting facts
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 1, 2018
It's like having a knife to your throat all of the time. Mgt is ready to pounce and write up without asking questions or investigating.
Very stressful.
Pros
Love working with disabled people
Cons
Harsh managers
High turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 31, 2018
There is very little room for growth or advancement at this company. The pay is substandard and there is high turnover. Not the best place as your first choice for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RISE Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight