Risk Placement Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Good
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 15, 2019
I've worked at far worse places. Here, I'm giving flexibility and and the coworkers are all great. I would recommend working here to friends and family.
Poor management, doesn't value employees as PEOPLE
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 2, 2019
don't drink the kool aid. Don't even start. They will suck the life out of you over time. These people use you and then degrade you until you just leave because you cant take it anymore.
Pros
Well...the carpet is new, Its ugly but its new, The locat ion is decent.
Cons
Management, favoritism, Egos, no value of knowledge...only of youth
Very unprofessional!!!
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 14, 2019
Very unprofessional work environment. Employees are miserable while some act childish during business hours. It’s supposed to be a place of business and portrays an image of a respected insurance company however the management within the accounting department alone is very negative and far from respectable. It could have been a decent job but it is ruined by the horrible attitude of upper management in the accounting department. Instead of helping and taking the time to teach their employees and create a positive work environment upper management (manderson, jredmond, bcallender) are only concerned with themselves. A few are favored over others which also creates negative tension in the office for others.
No Leadership/ Guidence
Lead Small Business Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
I had no help as I was the only Small Business UW in the office. I was not given training on their system or guidance to help me succeed. I had to call their home office for questions and rarely got any response.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No mentoring, training, guidence
Typical Day at Work
PERSONAL LINES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 29, 2018
Communicating with agents on a daily basis. Underwriting new risks and issuing policies. Daily communication with direct companies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location and coworkers in the offices.
No review
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 28, 2018
I don't feel comfortable reviewing this company and not sure why indeed is making it a requirement to do this. I do not work there anymore for a reason.
Terrible Management Creating a Negative Environment
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 21, 2018
Unfortunately a decent job was ruined by the surprisingly negative attitude of upper management. Consistently treated like a worthless employee as upper management is only concerned with what personally affects them and their job as opposed to supporting those beneath them to create a positive work environment.
Worst employment experience ever
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gallagher, ILMay 8, 2018
Coding standards were not documented yet they were strictly enforced.

Almost no QA - that fell on the senior devs and their code reviews

My coworkers all seemed miserable
RPS Review
Associate (Current Employee) –  NJMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work is very tedious with minimal opportunity for analytical learning. I learned how to work within AIM and Image Right, which I'm unsure how many other companies use - but they are useful tools when looking elsewhere. Management was very sub-par. The environment in my office was very catty and people talk behind each others' backs. I really don't like how unprofessional it is. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job is creating relationships since it is such a small office - because certain people really care about you and are willing to work with you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unprofessionalism and the lack of opportunity to grow and move places.
Both good and bad
Commercial Insurance Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2018
There are not many young people and the business practices are outdated. The company as a whole is resistant to change, though senior leadership is supportive if not somewhat misguided. There is a bullying/immaturity issue that gets in the way of collaboration among mid-level staff. Emphasis is making the sale only, not relationships.
It was a difficult job
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90035March 2, 2018
The job was very stressful. The location was nice and there were chances to take walks and clear your head.
I learned more about time management and work ethic than anything else.
Pros
Cons
commute
Great Job.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Learn a lot about insurance on the job. Started as a temp as a mail clerk and was promoted to a underwriter working with some of the top brokers in the company.
Pros
Great benefits, good Management
Cons
Downsize the company
HIghly recommend
Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  SoutheastJanuary 15, 2018
In this world of cut throat, competitive and unethical companies it is refreshing to work for a large company that feels like a family. They truly care about their people and management provides support and tools to help everyone succeed. Expectations are high but that is because they hire talented, self motivated people who understand that RPS is a growth company. We were part of a merger and could not have picked a better place to join.
Pros
Antiquated workplace lacking clear leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 19, 2017
RPS - Adco was so focused on bottom line figures that often times operational success was abandoned. The people here feel like their work is a chore and do not look forward to their work or each other. If they took the time to properly train their employees to move along the corporate ladder they might find success in retaining their in-house talent.
I have no opinion
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 15, 2017
All the employees were nice but there is always change with management and someone buying the company out it was very stressful and the benefits were not that great.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
health care
Fun and productive work environment
Customer Service/Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 7, 2017
An excellent job with decent career advancement opportunities. This was an in office job. Some people were able to work form home. MONDAY -FRIDAY 8-5:00.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Salary
Fast paced environment, productive, great empolyees
Receptionist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Friendly people, excellent atmosphere and always busy. I had no problems at Risk Placement Services, Inc. Please see attached resume.
Small productive office with a cohesive team
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 29, 2017
My company merged with RPS in 2014 and our office was closed in January 2017. The closure came very quickly and with little warning. Our workflow slowed down because we were sent less and less work.
Pros
Fair Benefits, basically the same as most companies today
Cons
Continuously merging and closing offices
Wish I had something good to say..
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYJuly 26, 2017
Tremendous workload, extremely fast paced, impossible to keep up with. High stress position. No concern for ethics or correctness, just produce $. Zero work-life balance. Social politics at play. Grossly underpaid by 15-20K.
Pros
vision benefit is very good
Cons
terrible salary, high stress, unreasonable workload, social politics
I would not trust this Company
u/w (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 3, 2017
Worked for them for many years. They offer little to no training, no advancement or raises, and if you make too much money they fire you so their bottom line looks better so they can sell the business.
I've worked for a few Insurance Companies and this was my worst experience.
Pros
The money was good for a while, no commute very nice town.
Cons
No advancement, no raises, pretty much a sweatshop of insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Risk Placement Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Risk Placement Services, Inc Reviews by Location