RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES, INC Employee Review

View all RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES, INC reviews

Productive, Competitive, and Fast Paced
Property and Casualty Broker (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2013
Typical work day in the office - insurance quote, market, follow up, account management, meetings with clients, and carrier underwriters.

In the past 10 months, I learned to be an Excess and Surplus Lines broker, manage and build my own book of business, connect with agents, built relationships with over 45 different insurance carriers, learned to quote, market, and bind different types of coverage’s from property, casualty, environmental, excess casualty, inland marine, work comp, and professional products.

Working in a small office of 7 people, one manager, made the daily environment almost family like. My manager walked a thin line of professionalism and personal. I admire the success level of my manager, but the training that was put into play was lacking.

Learning to do a new job with little or no training was the most difficult part of the job, but also the challenge of learning it on my own and having successful accounts and programs come together from my effort was also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Travel, Attending Events, Flexible Hours
Cons
Little Training, Small Support Staff

Other RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews

Terrible Management Creating a Negative Environment
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 21, 2018
Unfortunately a decent job was ruined by the surprisingly negative attitude of upper management. Consistently treated like a worthless employee as upper management is only concerned with what personally affects them and their job as opposed to supporting those beneath them to create a positive work environment.
RPS Review
Associate (Current Employee) –  NJMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work is very tedious with minimal opportunity for analytical learning. I learned how to work within AIM and Image Right, which I'm unsure how many other companies use - but they are useful tools when looking elsewhere. Management was very sub-par. The environment in my office was very catty and people talk behind each others' backs. I really don't like how unprofessional it is. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job is creating relationships since it is such a small office - because certain people really care about you and are willing to work with you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unprofessionalism and the lack of opportunity to grow and move places.