Ritchie Bros. Employee Reviews

would recommend
Equipment Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mead, COOctober 3, 2018
nice place to work over all, during sale time its a bit stressful and you work long hours but the people are generally nice and you become very close. the management team they have currently is great, they will work with you when situations arise.
Challenging work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The corporation is going through dramatic changes and evolution as a company. Resources are limited in some aspects while management sends a conflicting message to drive sales and revenue.Internal change is difficult.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Outstanding Company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North East, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Ritchie Brothers shows that they really care about their employers and their well-being. While the work is fast paced, they make sure their employees have the tools they need in order to be productive. Everyone there always has an upbeat and team player attitude. was a really great company to for.
Pros
Fee Lunches on auction day
Face paced working environment
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TX 76135August 23, 2018
I enjoy working with Ritchie Bros Auctioneers. The sales they have are extremely satisfying for someone making it a career. Prepping for the sale is extremely stressful to make sure all items are ready to sell.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours
Used to be great, now just OK
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2018
Ritchie Bros, was the best place to work and had the best culture about 4 years ago. When the new CEO was hired things have changed dramatically. I am not in agreement with where the company is headed.
Pros
Run your territory like your own business
Cons
New direction of the company
Great Employer
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJuly 25, 2018
Ritchie Bros. is a great employer with great benefits. They allow you to travel the country and the harder you work the more money you can make. I would go back if the opportunity ever presented itself.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lots of travel
Great Company to work for!
Title Clerk/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Point, UTJuly 18, 2018
Great company, I was the title clerk for Ritchie Bros, with 4 sales a year and a very fun environment! Loved my job there. I was only considered full time/part time and I could not get any benefits until I was full time.
Fun workplace and auctions
Call Center Associate BCC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance good
Compensation/Benefits good
Job Security/Advancement temp work
Management fair
Job Culture loved the team and customers
Pros
customers and learning
Cons
temp job
They do not care about employees.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 13, 2018
The new CEO came in with huge goals, which was great, but in the process of obtaining those goals he has pushed away the core values of the company. The people behind the scene doing the leg work no longer matter.
Management is great at giving out deadlines that can't be met and not allowing any of the "office" employees the ability to meet them.
There is no downtime, employees are overworked, over- stressed and disregarded as people.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
No flexibilty
It's not for everyone.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 17, 2018
It is not a job, it's a lifestyle. You either love it or hate it. During auction time you are required to work overtime to get the auction set-up. It requires long days and can be stressful.
Lots of work and coporate politics
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
The public company is all about cutting costs to feed the shareholder. Upper management no longer understands the business model that crafted their success.
Pros
Pays nicely with benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance; very stressful with long hours
Excellent Place to work
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMarch 17, 2018
My husband works for Ritchie Brothers we moved so this is why i do not work for the company anymore, i do work part -time during auction time for a couple of weeks
Great Place to work
lead generator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
A very friendly work atmosphere. Great people to work with. The customers were great to work with as well.. Good benefits, good training. All around a good place to work.
No advancement
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2018
Management likes to keep their good employees in their current roles instead of promoting them to their potential. Employees not treated equally. Great benefits though.
Pros
A lot of PTO and good benefits
Cons
Very strict management and no promotions for good employees.
I loved working at RB
Territory Manager II (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesJanuary 30, 2018
I would meet new and regular customers every day. I learn a lot about construction equipment, sales, customer service and relationships with people. We had regular training sessions and trips aboard. I enjoyed all the situations of my job, the sales, the relations with the team and customers.
Pros
Creating relationships with customers and coleagues.
Cons
Long hours.
Very competetive business
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
The auction business is very competitive, if you are going to get in this business you better have thick skin. It can be rewarding and auction day is always fun.
Fast paced environment
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Love working for them. The best job I have ever had that has improved my technical knowledge of equipment and vehicles. I hope to stay with them for a long time.
Fun place to work, always learning new skills
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Ritchie bros. Auctioneers is an amazing place to work, you are constantly surrounded by great hardworking people and the job is unlike any other in a great way. I would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
Free lunches during auctions week.
Great Place to Work
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Butner, NCDecember 27, 2017
It is too bad that the company has decided to move towards a more corporate environment, at one time the 'gold ole boys' auction mentality was lost and now it is all about the bottom line and how best to make the share holders look better. They now do not care about their operations staff and are getting away from the tried an true old fashioned ways that got this company where they are today. In January 2018 the site that I am employed at will shut down because it is not creating enough revenue in eyes of the CEO and the other Share Holders. The operations side of this auction business is long hours, late nights, weekends and plenty of travel, but you can work as many hours as you can in order to get the job done. What keeps someone at a job that is as demanding as this is the brotherhood that is created among other employees. These are your battle buddies and become brothers and sisters over time. It is sad to see the site close down but business is business and the decision to shut the site down will force some great people to do new and hopefully better things in the future. Ritchie provides and education and work experience that can be taken with you and will be invaluable to whoever the next employer may be.
Pros
Over time, great benefits, work culture, travel, comraderie
Cons
last minute decisions, crazy hours, do as I say not as I do management styles
Great guys great environment
YARD PERSONEL (Former Employee) –  Dunnigan, CADecember 13, 2017
I was able grow and gain so much experience. I had great opportunities. I lwas certified through their company to operate all forms of equipment that gave me so much room to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ritchie Bros.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight