Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Retail Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, MEApril 18, 2018
Managed the cash registers and helped customers with their needs. I learned a lot about customer service and become very people friendly. The manager was great to work for, she was very upbeat person. The workplace over all was enjoyable. The job itself was not hard, sometimes had to deal with unsatisfied customers. Most enjoyable part was helping the customers and I became to know the regulars quite well.
Pros
customer service
Cons
no benefit for my role
Very stressful place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 18, 2018
I've been working at my current store for 8+ years and it is one of the most stressful things in my life! The store manager is absolutely horrible. Very unfair with the employees. But in the pharmacy, the pharmacists are AMAZING.
Pros
The insurance
Cons
The management
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Making rounds, checking bags, watching the security cameras.
Greeting the customers with politeness, and as they were exiting, wishing a pleasant day/evening.
Managers were polite, prompt, and very appreciative.
The hardest part about my job as apprehending violators, but what mad my day enjoyable was the fact that nothing was taking from the premises while I was on duty
Okay Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coloma, MIApril 18, 2018
Working at Rite AId was okay. I covered a lot of shifts and learned everything pretty quickly. However I was only allowed to work closing shifts because people with mroe experience there were allowed morning shifts.
Pros
Lots of Hours
Cons
Unflexible hours
Productive fun place to work
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  9390 Deschutes Rd Palo Cedro CA 96073April 18, 2018
I really liked working here Foothill Pharmacy was bought out that's how I got this job. We would open at 9 am check in the order fill the prescriptions from the day before, help customers at the counter, type prescriptions, call insurance companies if necessary, do tars.
The hardest part leaving was feeling like I was leaving my family I worked with great staff.
Pros
Cons
Great people to work with
Fast paced ,fun place to work
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Overall a great place to work for people who are motivated and ambitious. I would recommend Rite Aid to anyone looking to improve themselves professionally
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
too much manager turnover
i was a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYApril 18, 2018
the long work hours was due to being a manager and for the most part the staff was young collage students... 2 senor personnel which i could count on but it could get hard to keep a staff on hand which would leave me to cover the hours if need be...at the time a new supervisor was changing the culture so hopefully things have changed
Pros
most of the people are great workers ....
Cons
work and quailty of life can be comprimised
Good place to work at for starters.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 17, 2018
This place was my first job. I enjoyed working here because it was near my house. I enjoyed the environment and flexibility. The hardest part of the job was the increase in customers over the weekend.
It all comes down to the location
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Saugerties, NYApril 17, 2018
If you have a good manager and are in a good area this job can be very relaxing and easy for the pay you get. It is not constantly busy unless you are in Pharmacy so it can be pretty slow paced which is good and bad. It's less work over all, but time goes by very slowly. Generally they get good people to work for them so your co-workers can be pretty awesome.
Pros
breaks, decent shifts, environment
Cons
hours, boredom
Fun place to work, great customer base.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAApril 17, 2018
Rite Aid afforded myself and family with great benefits including 401k and health insurance. I very much enjoyed working with our customers and the great coworkers at this store. I did not enjoying opening the store by myself and spending countless hours trying to help customers andaccomplish my job duties alone. I do not believe this provides for a very safe environment.
Pros
working alone
Cons
Providing great customer service to the customers
An enjoyable time amongst coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAApril 17, 2018
I love working for rite aid. Every job has its minor annoyances, however, it also has memorable moments and it has taught me many skill and has taught me how to appreciate the little things.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Hours required to receive benefits
Fun, laid-back but still highly efficient place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 16, 2018
A typical day at Rite Aid is generally quiet. There are daily tasks that help enable the store to run smoothly day to day. The clientele are generally pleasant and personable.
it was productive and enjoyable to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 16, 2018
i enjoyed working at warehouse. even though it was in fast speed it was fun because there used to be goal to reach up to that is why it was in fast pace.
Pros
there were lockers and free space
Cons
break not paid
Great Management
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIApril 16, 2018
Everyone helped everyone, We did ALL and enjoyed working together. Was a GREAT place to work at. Loved having regular customers coming in and making our day also.
Great Place to Work Until Impending Sale
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Recent corporate changes drastically affected job experience. Work hours were reduced while responsibilities stayed constant. Overall a good place to work before sale of company.
good team members
Director of Real Estate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Very intense real estate committee. Sites were selected and reviewed by supervisors prior to letter of intent negotiations. Deals were then presented to the real estate committee for approval
Rude customers and mean managers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Managers was very mean and did not help they employees out when they have a situation with a customer who wasn't so nice. Customers will curse you out call the manager and you will get in trouble and you was nothing but nice to the customer. They will give the customers a gift card and tell them I'm sorry about that.
Pros
Love my co workers we will always be there for each other
Cons
Managers don't help out ther employees
Fun place to work
Cashier / Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, NYApril 16, 2018
The people are nice and fun and want to help with everything. Willing to go above and beyond to help customers needs. Allowed me to be a self reliant person in my job duties and over achived in it.
constant struggle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 15, 2018
Workers often complain of sicknesses like runny noses and eyes as well as coughing and sneezing. When asked of rite aid to clean the carpets in the pharmacy and clean the ventilation systems since they were never cleaned since the building was built, rite aid felt that it was an unnecessary procedure due to its expense. The health of rite aid employees was not a concern.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
either this or unemployed
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  56th and chestnutApril 15, 2018
rite aid cares for their worker, the only issue is they need more cashiers during a shift. a lot of customers complain about that. managers are respectful and nice to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
42.1K
31.9K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

74%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.