Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 9,194 reviews matching the search See all 9,212 reviews
Worse under Walgreens Management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TNDecember 13, 2018
Rite Aid the store was fine, coworkers are lame. I mean they are terrible. Then the buyout made it more lame because they were getting crazy with the rules.
I loved working there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 12, 2018
I would still be there if management had change. My manager was lazy and lacked knowledge of current and new policies. Plus, she did not follow policy. Besides that Rite Aid is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Poor Management in some stores
Productive and funwork space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
Interacted with customers and assisted customers in finding certain items.

Answer customer question in-store and via phone.

Cashier

Re-stock shelves and change prices on items based on sales and promotions.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
short breaks
Drama
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 12, 2018
This workplace was to much drama. No room for advancement. They had mandatory overtime. Very stressful. Very demanding. Shifts start at 5 days a week then 6 days then 7 days. No set end time!!!!
Productive job and customer friendly atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, PADecember 12, 2018
I would open and close the store. Manage and assign task accordingly to employees. Maintain and clean and respectful workplace. Work together to ensure all tasks and procedures are done per day of work.
Pros
Working with customers one on one building a relationship
Cons
Dealing with slow season where the store was not busy
The 9th circle of heck
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley, WADecember 11, 2018
It's pay is low, benefits are bad, its stores dont live by its cultural mandate and mission, its managers (upper) are unprofessional and burned out. If you work here they will help you develop your skills in management, but also personally make you wonder if you were ever cut out to be in management. You will work hard and not be recognized for your contributions and you will be called in to work a lot since employees will quit. Virtually no one outside of management will work full time.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too numerous to count
I love being a pharmacist so much that I would do this for free! But you'll still have to pay me.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 11, 2018
Having spent over fifteen years as a pharmacist at Rite Aid, I can honestly say that I enjoyed my time there. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to get to know my patients, and assist them with their healthcare needs. While working in a pharmacy can sometimes be hectic, and stressful, it is at these times that it is important to stay focused, and organized in order to best help the customers. I would frequently advise my staff (techs and clerks) to remember to focus on the customers needs, reminding them that our job is not about drugs, it is about people, and helping them to live more healthy lives
Pros
The satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help my customers in a meaningful way
Cons
A pharmacists job can sometimes be stressful, but I knew that going in to this profession
Team Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winder, GADecember 11, 2018
Team work was a very positive aspect of my job, no matter what, if I needed, or if fellow associates needed help with assisting customers, or when slow, help with stocking merchandise, it was taken care of without any hesitation. I worked with an awesome team
very low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2018
With the amount of responsibility the pay should be much higher. There isn't many oppurtunities to move up in the Pharmacy or make more money. This job is good for students because the hours are very flexible and they work with you when scheduling.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay sucks
Like to Work with Customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 11, 2018
*Love to Work Full Day
*Learned how to improve your skills
*Management is nice
*workplace culture is very nice
*Nothing is Hard
*Customer Service
A very simple and repetitive job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJDecember 11, 2018
My experience at Rite Aid as a cashier is that it is a great job for people entering the retail world. Very simple and easy tasks come along but are seldom. As long as you’re there on time and do a good job it is not out of reach to move up as a supervisor and get management experience. That being said there are negatives working in a place like Rite Aid. The environment is very boring and depressing. You have the same regulars coming in daily. It’s not terrible but the job could definitely be better if there were more people on during a shift. There are typically two people working in the store excluding the pharmacy, which can lead to some running back in forth from the register to the floor to finish a task. This can be frustrating for not only the customer but for you as well. To top it all off you’re making minimum wage.
Pros
Less then strenuous work, simple
Cons
Lack of coverage, flexibility
Productive fast pace work environment
Assistant Manager (Replenishment) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDDecember 11, 2018
Productive fast pace workplace. A great deal if work to be accomplished. Worked with some great associates. Enjoyed many if my coworkers. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Management not that great, slot of them have no knowledge if their jobs
Great company but they dont treat there workers equally
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 11, 2018
I went in as a temp and noticed right away they treat temps like there nobodies. They ask for you to meet a certain quote which is pretty easy but at the end they will let you go for the most irrational reason. Theres a lot of favoritism going on especially with certain leads and when you call it to the mangers attention they don't pay no mind to it. They make temps work harder then permanent employees, the rules practically get thrown out by permanent employees. Talking is a big no no which its understandable but certain leads make there temp employees feel uncomfortable, they will lie and deceive the mangers just to get you laid off and no ones speaks up because temps have no say so in anything. Certain leads are very unprofessional they just stand around gossiping about very one to other employees. They act like its high school. Honestly over all its a great company they just need to get more professional leads
Pros
Great hours
Cons
certain leads, no equality, favoritism
Hard work you have to be dedicated to the job
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  War, WVDecember 11, 2018
I was a manager for Rite Aid they basically threw me into the position with little or no training I taught myself by the help of other managers but it taught me that I was stronger and it was a challenge but I did it I enjoyed the customers and the other employees it was a great atmosphere to be around but you have to make it that way yourself the company didn’t help I am proud of my performance as a manager others that I trained became managers I was very proud of them we were a tight nit bunch with care and compassion for our customers and each other.
A very comfortable environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 11, 2018
I enjoy working with the customers and making sure they shop with a smile on their face

Everyday was a different task and you had to get it done

Always work with a smile
Pros
Happy
Cons
Short breaks, have to ask to use the bathroom and then wait
It’s a good place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 11, 2018
I love it there they closed it down in Gentilly but overall the people and customers where great . I used to help the customers to there cars and help them with wine bottles
Learn a lot
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 11, 2018
This job is more movements, you stay at the register more time is face to face with customers. Taking care issues every day. Returns are often taking deliveries.
Pros
No breaks
Cons
15 minutes
lot better work culture
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 10, 2018
definitely a better work atmosphere and if they had better management team they could excel and the rating would speak for themselves a decent work place
Great Place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY 10304December 10, 2018
I used to work here after i had graduated H.S. The manager at the time was johnathan. he was a positive man that always looked out for associates and customers. He help me and my coworkers when asked and always trusted us to get the job done after asking only once.
Pros
25 minute breaks, friendly coworkers, associate discounts
Cons
no benefits
It was ok but tiresome at times
Clerk/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALDecember 10, 2018
The job itself was ok but the manager at the time was particular about who she worked with with at that time . Later on she was terminated I had already left for another job. If I could stand 7 hrs straight I would go cmback but I can’t stand all of those hours anymore.
Pros
Ok
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.7K
32.4K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss