Rite Aid Employee Reviews

32.2K
Found 8,224 reviews matching the search See all 8,241 reviews
Stressful environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 21, 2018
This store has Western Union and it causes the most trouble. I have to deal with some of the rudest customers here. Do not like the hours. Ready to move on.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
productive place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2018
Working at Rite aid has been a wonderful experience. All the associates are so sweet and caring. We always make sure we get our job done but always have a good time doing it. I learned how to communicate with all types of customers. it taught me how to manage my time when i get busy or have a lot on my to do's list. The best part about the job is the bond you create with your coworkers and daily customers. the hardest part about the job is when you go home knowing your job is incomplete and the next associate would have to finish it.
Pros
calm environment
Cons
short breaks
I enjoyes the ones i worked with but it takes a very long time to get trid of bad apples.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 20, 2018
I enjoy it very much and love the ones I work with. I'm having trouble with my shoulder and the repetitive work in the pharmacy is not helping. I work I'm the pharmacy and it seems to run a lot better then up front.
Pros
Consistent amount of hours.
Cons
Terrible with rewarding any good behavior at all. Terrible co worker moral.
It was nice to travel.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJune 20, 2018
During my time working at Rite Aid, I gained a lot of knowledge and ability to observe and decide if or not I would apprehend a suspect, I also learned the ins and outs of the camera installations.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Overall, I gained valuable work experience throughout all the years I have worked.
Retail Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I would typically work two 12-hour shifts in a row with two days off following that. I would also work two weekends out of a month. My typical work day would consist of all the duties expected of a pharmacist.
An "ok" starter job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 20, 2018
I greatly enjoy retail pharmacy and all of my patients. I work at a very fast-paced and difficult store, which I love. Rite Aid has struggled to maintain good management in place at this particular store. They seem to have pharmacists, however, not all pharmacists are good managers. Being high volume, fast-paced and difficult, that means the store has went down hill over the last 3 years. It seems corporate has put whoever they can in these difficult managerial positions instead of putting in pharmacists that excel in those particular areas.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good insurance
Cons
Corporate not proactive, lack of employee appreciation
The employees are their saving grace
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 20, 2018
The employees make this place a great place. The union made it possible for us to keep our benefits and our jobs. No advancement opportunities. Thank goodness for ice cream.
Nice Environment to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDJune 20, 2018
It was A great opportunity for me. I assisted the pharmacist on A daily basis and also helped customers when they needed any kind of assistance as well as prepared medications.
Good place to work at.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 20, 2018
Coworkers are fun to work with. Customers are easy going, most of which are considered regulars. Flexible hours, opportunity to get promoted really easily.
management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 20, 2018
when i first started working for Rite aid things were great, then i had a job injury and had to switch positions in the company, at first it was good then everything went down hill as far as the way the company started treating its employees.
Rite Aid
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJune 20, 2018
learned to observe to prevent loss
ability to coach and guide
learned to organize and plan in a timely manner
work environment is very enjoyable
ability to gain great relationship
Pros
flex hours
dont like
Pharmacist-in-Charge (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2018
At Walmart, we believe that quality healthcare is the foundation to a better life. To do this we provide our Pharmacists the tools and resources needed to deliver quality healthcare every day. For over 27 years, we’ve maintained our spot at the forefront of the industry’s technological advancements. Between our locations, offers of training and the chance for advancement, we provide opportunity for Pharmacists like no one else. At the end of the day, we’re simply a team dedicated to helping others save money, so that they can live better, healthier lives.
horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, CAJune 20, 2018
never work here. they change your schedual and dont call to tell you. they are rude. they dont care about customers. I felt put down all the time. they always took short cuts and did things wrong
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattydale, NYJune 19, 2018
Fun place to work
Learned how to become a good manager and run a store
Manager was a great teacher
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and interacting with the customers
Hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled customers
Great Part time job for students
Cashier and Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 19, 2018
Good part time job for students, hours are generally flexible. Management can get a bit overwhelming but that's due to the high work load. For CA youre required to be part of the union if you are an employee, if hired seasonally you are not but if you become a permanent hire, the union will make you back pay from your original start date. watch out for that.
Great
Multi Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2018
I loved it. Helps reach your goals . The company has work life balance and career advancement. I worked with company for years and grew . Friendly environment and customer driven.
Very busy and fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAJune 19, 2018
It was my first job as a cashier and it was just an okay experience for me. I would have liked to work longer to get to be a better cashier but other than that it was okay
productive
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHJune 19, 2018
productive sorting medication and data entry, with drive thru and dealing with prior auths, unloading orders and stocking the shelves. enjoyed the people.
A good starting point
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 19, 2018
Starting off the hours and work weren't that bad. As it went on however, the hours started to dwindle and instead of my full shift of 8 hours id end up only working half or less. The work itself wasnt terible but id only recommend this job as a jumping off/ experience gaining position.
Overview
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 18, 2018
to help pharmacist to fill priscription data entry, product despensing , put the order, ordering over the counter medication, basic customer service answering phone
Pros
i love pharmacy team
Cons
every week different hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight