Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 9,497 reviews matching the search See all 9,514 reviews
Not horrible.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAFebruary 19, 2019
Pickers would simply pick orders off the shelf and put them in a tote. It's simple work but at the same time hard. Quotas were high, and it can be hard to work fast to meet them along with picking the right stuff. Which I understand, you can't have someone going 2mph doing this job, but sometimes no matter how fast you are you don't meet the expectations. I didn't really learn much because I've worked in warehouses/stock type jobs before. If you enjoy doing your own thing and being quick this job is for you. If you're slow and want to sit down a lot do not apply for this job. The hardest part is that it's very repetitive work and on night shift it can get tiring. Most enjoyable part is that there's not much interaction and no one bothers you. I'm anti-social so it's a huge plus. I'm not sure about the last reviews but maybe they changed their HR and management? They seem pretty nice and decent now.
Pros
keeps you awake, keeps you in shape, nice trainers, nice managers, co-workers, job is easy
Cons
strict rules, lay people off, quotas, low pay, lack of raises, benefits are so so
Rite Aid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 27, 2018
You would come into work and go into the office to see what the tasks would have to do for the day. Mostly cleaning out the back storage unit to stock the shelves and twice a week you would get a truck delivery and provide customer service at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and working with the team. The hardest part of the job was fixing all PI counts for inventory. You had to go through every single item in the store because the counts had to be exact. Management would do their best but was not organized. I learned that you always have to be fast paced but always making sure to always make the customers happy that was most important
Pros
Customer Service Decent Breaks Teamwork
Cons
No benefits
Poor Upper Management
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 16, 2019
Since the buyout of most stores by Walgreens and new upper management, there is a lot of unpredictability within the company. Communication and guidance between employees and upper management is very poor. Most corporate level leaders are unaware of their duties and if they are aware do not work well to do what they can to support those on the forefront. Micromanaging makes working day to day unpleasant. No matter how hard you work there is always something pointed out as not enough. Hours for help are constantly being cut. When goals are reached there are no compensation or real recognition for achievements. Reaching your flu shot goals are rewarded with a small pin to put on your lab coat.
Union busting management only hurts their workforce and waste valuable company resources.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 24, 2019
The warehouse job in its self is not very difficult mentally but is a high risk for physical injuries. They don’t pay much for machine handling operators and the raises are minuscule even though it is a union job. Two tier pay scale also, so some do the same job for 1/3 less money. Management is very controlling and demeaning. I get that business is business, but this company lacks integrity and empathy.
Pros
Good benefits, location, union job security
Cons
Two tier wage system, management, high rate of injuries
Not good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nowhere, OKNovember 17, 2018
Horrible. You never get recognition for so much responsibility as a shift supervisor. The company doesn’t have enough profit to hire more people, but needs the help desperately. I honestly have no life outside of working and going to school, plus the management is horrible with no communication. This might not be the case for other areas but my manager constantly gives herself good schedule while putting the younger people (IN SCHOOL) on with horrible closing shifts everyday! It’s not right , nor fair, because this is the time of our life to prosper but instead this job takes over our lives! Please stay away from this company!
Pros
Benefits (if needed)
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, can’t hire the amount of people needed due to profit issues, too much dependence on one person to get tedious work done
My pharmacy manager was great but could only do so much
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJanuary 27, 2019
There is zero work life balance here! It’s corporate’s way or the highway. I earned my national technician certification while working here and there was no raise, no reimbursement, nothing because it’s not required in Delaware at this time. Literally anyone can be hired to fill your prescription and the pay goes along with the mind set. Everyone is replaceable.
Pros
Most of the pharmacists were nice
Cons
Regional manager was awful, no help when short staffed, awful pay, no employee appreciation
High-Stress at some locations
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 25, 2018
Typical day at work was constant interruptions while trying to do what's best for your patients. It's a great lesson in learning to multitask. Management would push quotas but labeled them as "goals" as if it were any different. They would also claim to reward you for meeting/exceeding those goals and would then never follow through. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you had an impact on patients' lives. The hardest part was getting no support from corporate in staffing due to corporate only offering low, non-competitive wages for technicians.
Pros
Benefits, pay for pharmacists, vacation time
Cons
Constant understaffing, non-competitive wages for technician staff, lack of follow-through
Easy work with very strong bonds between coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Library, PAOctober 8, 2018
The typical work day is boring, and extremely slow moving. On truck days, it goes much quicker, and is much more enjoyable, as being a cashier limits you to the front register, where you will stand your entire shift in one place. I have greatly improved my customer service skills, and have had several customers comment on my efficiency and kindness. The in store management is perfect, and really does begin to feel like a family, but the corporate level is difficult to deal with. The pay is bottom line, and is by no means enough to live comfortably off of. The hours are very flexible, though. The job itself is simple and very easy to learn.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Horrible pay and extremely limited pay raise
Environment differs from store to store
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlesex County, MANovember 17, 2018
Because Rite Aid is a large company, the working experience is highly dependent on those you directly work with. I have filled in at other stores and I can see how employees can become bitter toward the job and toward one another; luckily this wasn't the case at the stores I have worked at. This can be an amazing job, however it is not for just anyone. It can be physically and emotionally draining at times, but the experience one gains from this profession is indispensable. Compared to other chain pharmacies, Rite Aid puts the patient first, and I think that is what makes Rite Aid special (I wish they would have given better raises though).
About my workplace.
Registered Pharmacist (NY) (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJanuary 1, 2019
My job includes QA, Immunization, overseeing pharmacy technicians, MTM, MIRIXA.

I have won the Annual Favorite Pharmacist title elected by our patients for the past several years.

My workplace emphasizes respect, trust, integrity, teamwork, and diversity. I use my knowledge of other languages to communicate with a diverse population of patients.

The most satisfying and rewarding aspect of my job is to counsel and help all patients and particularly those patents who unfortunately have no medical coverage. Before going to doctors my patients ask my advise if they can be cured by some OTC or must see a doctor. I also helped them to find a suitable doctor for them.

When a patient's copay is high and pharmacist is unable to give medication out to the patient.
Pros
Medical benefits and pension.
Cons
No good dental coverage.
The 9th circle of heck
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley, WADecember 11, 2018
It's pay is low, benefits are bad, its stores dont live by its cultural mandate and mission, its managers (upper) are unprofessional and burned out. If you work here they will help you develop your skills in management, but also personally make you wonder if you were ever cut out to be in management. You will work hard and not be recognized for your contributions and you will be called in to work a lot since employees will quit. Virtually no one outside of management will work full time.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too numerous to count
It's alright, but wasn't for me
DSD Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 22, 2019
The position and department I was in was not the right fit for me. I am usually a detail-oriented person, but when they throw too many details at you, it can be hard to keep up. for the size of the department, we had to wrangle too many responsibilities. It was stressful, and I wasn't happy there.
I learned a great deal about the other end of retail store systems
Management, at least in my department liked to play favorites, and you could tell. The pay and benefits were great, but the stress was not worth it. Maybe a different department would be a better fit.
The new management system is awful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, PASeptember 25, 2018
The upper management in rite aid has recently change and it is horrible. Many times it feel as if the store employees are on their own; with little to no help from the corporate team members. Pay is not competitive and most if not all stores seem to be grossly under staffed. Leaving store level associates scrambling. While upper management does nothing to fill positions.

Rite aid’s direct missions is convoluted and unclear. Upper management likes to waste time and man hours on ridiculous Corporate initiatives that are so out of touch and senseless in the end just cost the company more and more money. Rite aid should focus on keeping the employees they have now by bring back merit raises and paying attention to employee satisfaction. Even many of the long term employees are considering leaving because of the rescent changes rite aid has made. Unfortunately job security just doesn’t seem to be there for anyone.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Pay. Management. Job culture. Job security
Good beginning
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Rite aid for myself is not a bad warehouse to get started off in. Putting in 6 years worth of dedicated employment, career advancement and increase compensation is absolutely terrible also changing their health benefit plan makes employment with this facility really difficult for a long term career choice. The plus side you are trained on company time to operate the powered equipment which why I say good staring place if you are new to the warehouse industry.
relaxed work environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 25, 2018
a typical day at work was stocking the store and/or replacing stock to proper places.
I learned to use tech devices to locate specific items and locations within the store.
management was laid back and relaxed.
the workplace was relaxed yet quick paced.
the hardest part of the job was putting everything back in time.
the most enjoyable part of this job was being given a task and then completing it without others around.
Pros
self reliant and relaxed environemt
Cons
low pay, low hours, no benefits at the time
Sexist
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTSeptember 11, 2018
I was making a far lower wage than my male counter parts as well as receiving less in my raises and getting stellar reviews. Females in this company make almost $15,000 less a year than their male counter parts even if they are in a more productive store. Women are stunted in job opportunities that are offered to them compared to their male counter parts as well as have to work much harder to prove themselves. Coming from brooks where everything was based on merit a co worker of mine who was making less due to low performance was making more our first raise at rite aid for no other reason than being male. He had multiple call outs, poor work quality, and low customer approval where as I had no call outs, great work quality and high customer approval.
Run, run, run.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NHAugust 28, 2018
Run quickly, unless another company comes in and takes over or top level management is fired they will go under. Corporate is completely out of touch with the store level teams. They keep tightening the belt loops on the stores payroll and yearly pay increases for all employees, just so they can achieve a larger parachute for themselves. Associates that have been with the company for years only make 9-11 per hour can go elsewhere starting much higher and the company doesn't care let them leave, then they blame the management for turnover. Some management and associates haven't had raises for years and years, disgusting honestly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything else.
Stressful
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORAugust 5, 2018
The night crew is always under staffed so you are constantly over worked. Despite getting a good pay and good benefits, people are constantly quitting. The management is very poor and they cut a lot of corners. Especially when training new employees. I've worked there for almost two years and I'm still not fully trained. Management claims they treat their employees fairly but they don't. They pick on certain employees, constantly giving them tougher tasks and/or grunt work, despite being trained for higher and better responsibilities. The best part of the job is leaving in the morning. That thought is what gets me through the night.
Pros
Every once in a long while, they give us a free lunch. Overtime produces great paycheck. Good benefits.
Cons
Management is severely lacking. Poor job advancement. Poor work environment.
We want to be a better company but.....
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 25, 2018
By best description is a company that wants to be better but has no way of realistically achieving it. Advancement promises made but not kept most likely due to them selling off half their stores. Depending on the day of the week and who you ask, you will get a different answer on the stability of the company. Certain people seem to be untouchable (store manager wise) I was in a situation where the store manager was only working about 35 hours a week who was salaried to which I had to pick up the slack. Most people I met there are very nice but its a very cut throat environment.
Pros
Salary, Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Leadership, High prices even with employee discount, no real advancement
Competitive to other pharmacies
F/T CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 16, 2018
Always demanding more and more especially around flu season. Pay sucks at the beginning but max out pay isn't bad which right now is 5 years. Union job which means pension when you finally retire, 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunches. 401k offered but no matching unless you are a pharmacist. Job is usually only part time. Minimum 24 hours given after 6 months. Love that you can float to other Rite Aids to pick up hours if needed.
Pros
Max out pay
Cons
Over loaded with work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.8K
32.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss