Rite Aid

United States12,773 reviews

Found 12,773 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,810 reviews
aidpharmacypharmaciststoreprescriptionriteaidcashiercustomer

Nice place to work

•I finalize transactions on the cash register and provide customer service. •Other responsibilities include scanning items, processing payments, applying coupons, providing change. •My customer service duties include providing product knowledge, answering customer inquiries, and handling customer complaints, additional job duties as a Rite Aid cashier include stocking shelves, answering phones, monitoring inventory, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. •As well I possess adequate communication skills, math knowledge, exhibit friendly and helpful attitude.

Pros

Learn about different types of medicines and their content

Cons

they have different shifts

Fun working environment

I’m a funny, joking kind a person and the customer love my funny, good humor. The other employees laugh with me all the time . I love working with my team

Rite Aid insights

Based on 5,106 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Fun

Fun place to work but not a lot of room to grow. Great coworkers and management. Work home life balance. Worked there for 3 years and then they wanted to train me for supervisor

Job that pays bills

Corporate has no idea what they are doing . too many managers way less workers. We loose employees like its a revolving door. I lost count about how many workers they have lost at my location

It’s a good environment too work at and the manager is awesome . I would recommend this place good for a first time job for the college kids. Pay is good

Company does not care about employees

It started off as a good place to work. They term with us it's personal means it's personal for the upper management and profits. Some store managers do not care about their employees and when you complain to district they could care less.

Bad management

Management is really bad, never have your schedule done. And manager was very rude and egoistic.. it is a nice place to work if you are ready to be treated like a child.

Do not recommend

Very faced paced environment with no support from upper management and forever being understaffed. Pay is low for stressors of the job. Customers often angry at front end for pharmacy issues.

Terrible

Extremely stressful and low pay. Save your sanity. Retail in general for pharmacy technicians is not a fun place to be. Find a hospital or mail order pharm.

Customers are my focus, especially the Senior customer that visit the store

A typical day where I work is always busy, there is always something to do. The hardest part of the job is that Co-worker don't show the same initiative when it come to getting things done.

Co fusin

Very long days. No real direction, I just did what I could find to do. I mainly kept the conveyor system moving and kept the compactors working. Very low pay and long work days. Sometimes 16hrs when the other shift person didn't come in on time.

Nice people to work with; long hours

Were expected to work 50 hrs/wk. However, in December had to work every day until Christmas. With staff mostly being college students, they were not available to work most of December. Made for long days.

Not a very caring company

Were picking random employees to get paid better than others even thoigh some had a higher level position then those being paid more. When the started paying employees more it was just the new hires that got that pay rate older employees got paid significantly less. Not a very ethically company to work for for so many more reasons.

Headache

The customers are rude and nasty it's high crime and theft also in the area I would rather people go out and search for a job that actually cares about the employees

Fun place to work.

The management just take care of themselves and will not give you enough work hours. Will only give you work hours during the holiday where everybody is off so it will not help you pay your bills.

Pros

Non

Cons

Everything I can think of

Pharmacy is never fun

People yell at you, they have high expectations, it's a draining job but it also is easy to forget how frequent the good and nice people go by. You have to find the good parts about your day. Workplace was busy but it wasn't hard to learn the routine.

Overworked and understaffed to benefit corporate

Worked a year and a half and were constantly understaffed because we didn't have people and no positions were opened up because district managers said it was too expensive to hire so many people. Overtime became a regular occurrence that you were than chastised for by higher ups. There are union protections, so you have major job security, but the workload that is expected to be done between you and maybe 1 or 2 other people easily merits needing 5 or 6. Not to even mention that the wages are so low for everything that needs to be done and the company really does try to make sure the raises are small in the contract. Make sure to check your paystubs too, because there have been several occurrences of not getting your contracted raise.

Pros

Union protection, holiday pay, Pto, raises

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, seemingly vindictive corporate office

Good management

Management and co workers are great, could use a higher base pay for every position involved. Otherwise great place to work a first job. Hardest part of the job is probably truck day

Not a good company

No good company don’t promote people on experience but off availability and pick and choose favorites employees the only good thing is pay but managers take advantage of you

Ok

Rite Aid is an ok company to work for but could be a lot better. Micromanaged from the top and not enough payroll to get the job done. Lots of long days and weeks.

Repetitive

I am an assistant manager, the following is just regarding this position. You have to be really firm when it comes to asking for your hourly, they’re going to try to lowball you if they can. The workload is very repetitive, it feels like I’m doing the same thing every single day, every single week. It’s all just scanning, scanning, scanning with the handheld device. It’s easy work but not mentally stimulating at all. I’ve helped out a lot of stores in very different areas and all the managers are very different of course. I’ve had some very good ones, and some very bad. My favorite part is the PTO, after 2 months you begin to earn it and I’ve been able to take off a ton of time for vacations and just personal time due to it, which has been very nice.

Common questions about Rite Aid

Answered by current and former employees at Rite Aid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rite Aid.
Powered byComparably

Compare Rite Aid with

Rite Aid reviews by popular job title

• Rite Aid
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?