Rite Aid

Found 12,201 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,235 reviews

Rite Aid insights

Based on 2,929 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Nice place to work

•I finalize transactions on the cash register and provide customer service. •Other responsibilities include scanning items, processing payments, applying coupons, providing change. •My customer service duties include providing product knowledge, answering customer inquiries, and handling customer complaints, additional job duties as a Rite Aid cashier include stocking shelves, answering phones, monitoring inventory, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. •As well I possess adequate communication skills, math knowledge, exhibit friendly and helpful attitude.

Pros

Learn about different types of medicines and their content

Cons

they have different shifts

It’s a job

It’s Rite Aid. It’s a job. If you’re just starting then I’d look here . Doesn’t really require much and not really super stressful that’s also cause when I worked here a while ago, literally no one can except for like 2 people . Gets you the skills you need when you first enter corporate America unless you somehow have your life set for you .

Pros

Pretty stress free job

Cons

Not super exciting, probably not a career

Great Workplace

Great company to work for. They provide great benefits, give plenty of work hours, and work well with your schedule. You will also receive an employee discount.

They don’t care about their employees.

This company does not care enough about their associates. The pay is horrible for what you are expected to do & they don’t care about your safety. …..

Cons

Bad health insurance & hourly pay.

No room for growth. Lots of standing. Altough i may have called out 2 times because I was sick . The Pharmacy kept calling me . I felt harassed

I got a card when I left after 10 years and no one signed it.I didnt feel appreciated. You had a break but the Pharmacist would cut it short. The pay was ok but not enough for the cost of living.Tens years was enough for me and nothing to show for it.

Pros

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

It was a cool place to work

Overworked and underpaid. I did meet great lifelong friends. Just wished I got paid more and more appreciated for my hard work. Also it’s fast paced non stop.

I liked the store, and the people I worked with.

I liked the store and the products it offered. I felt appreciated for my service, but the pay was poor and I was only given part time hours. Not enough to receive benefits.

Pros

Friendly people, flexible hours, good training.

Cons

Poor pay, too few hours, no benefits.

Good place

Good place to work. I was happy here. Good work and life balance. Didn't mind it at all. A good place to start somewhere. Not a life long job but a good one.

Great workplace

Great place , would do it again if I could. Flexible and easy. We had a truck that came every Wednesday or Friday to restock and the boxes were heavy but was easy to restore I really did love working here but was let go because of something I didn't agree with. Other than that insident the job and employees and even the manager was perfect ❤️ highly recommend

Pros

Fun staff easy work

Cons

Nothing really

Constantly changing work environment

The company is constantly making changes over the months/years to improve on customer service and satisfaction but overall I feel like they have lost there vision of employee satisfaction as well. For the job I have been doing for many years I did not make enough to survive off of. Fast food workers made more then I did and I worked in a healthcare setting which is sad. I had never been offered any opportunities to advance past a supervisor and the rates we paid for insurance was crazy for what we made. I actually took a lesser paying job because the hours are better for me and my family and I would be paying a fraction of what I pay for insurance at rite aid with this new job to where even though I’m making slightly less my take home pay is more in the end. I feel like this company does not value there employees the way they used to. Every year they used to do nice things for us and just gradually over the years they have just added more work and more stress onto us, cut our hours to nothing and still expect the same amount of work to get done all while taking everything away from the employees. I used to love my job and over the years it just worr heavily on me how loyal I was to my job but my job was not loyal to me.

Pros

It’s air conditioned

Cons

Long shifts sometimes without coverage for breaks due to hour shortages

Jobs at Rite Aid

See more jobs

Corporate seems to be lacking compassion

As a pharmacy tech a lot of the brunt is on me to get prescriptions typed and counted. One of our pharmacists won’t even help the pickup counter when I’ve got 2+ Prescription to type for people waiting, or several phone calls. Corporate place the emphasis on completing flu/ covid vaccines, so many people end up waiting longer than reasonable for regular refills. Despite constantly asking, corporate will not adjust hours to allow for enough staffing, they will constantly ask for more to be done but never increase the help causing us to get behind. We’re not even a bigger pharmacy 200-300 and yet one tech calling out sick one day can back us up and cause problems for the whole week. We need better limits on the vaccine schedule because when we have 30+ shots in a day the pharmacist is gone half the time, plus it will let people schedule during the pharmacist lunch, which either leads to the pharmacist taking no lunch in his 12 hour shift, or upset people when the pharmacist is not available when they scheduled. A good amount of the patients are very nice and understanding. If you consistently deliver on promises, it’s easy to become someone’s favorite even if the always get your name wrong. We sometimes even get goodies like candy or even donuts from appreciative patients.

Pros

When we’re good, it’s good. Pharmacists are helpful, in their own ways, and managers are understanding.

Cons

Hard to get away for breaks. When it’s bad, it’s baaad. Usually a good weekend will get caught up though

Cheapness and unfairness

They expect you to work fo free and want all of the work done by yesterday. Worst company I've ever worked for. Treat everyone like slaves. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. People should be treated with respect not like animals. Hostile environment when it comes to upper management vs. Store managers. You have to be desperate for you a job to work here. Probably get treated better at a fast food chain.

Pros

Cons

Lucky to get a break if you can. Upper management doesn't care except about profits. If you're lucky, you have one other person on your shift to wait on customers and get everything done.

Workplace

Laid back, can be fun, depends on the day, sometimes fast paced, Too low pay for what you do , health benefits are great, people are nice and friendly

Pros

Health Benefits

Cons

Pay

My coworkers are helpful, understanding, and an absolute joy to work with everyday. The environment makes all of the effort worth it, and I care about my patients dearly.

Pros

Welcoming environment, paid training, flexible hours

Cons

Unpredictabe district management

Many changes

since new management has taken over, there has been many changes in workflow. workplace environment is very dependent on immediate management. staff shortages lately

Flexible

Flexible with work schedule but over works you when they have access to your open availability. Seniority. Union exists. Management can use work. No time and a half for part time.

The Willingness to please customer,

Rite-Aid wants to please the customer, which is a good thing, but it takes a lot to please the customer, but Rite-Aid doesn't have the staff to do that

Pros

good entry level job for people with no experience in the pharmacy

Cons

Lack o proper staff for the needs of the pharmacy

Lowest paying company

Shift Supervisor making minimum wageHiring cashiers at higher wages than 3+ year cashiers Overworked No wage increases, raises get abolished by minimum wage increase, no compensation for when minimum wage goes up so your raise was for nothing

Pros

Employee discount Vacation

Cons

Low pay workload too much for pay

Very unrewarding experience as an assistant store manager

Stores never staffed correctly, zero motivation for associates as pay is relatively low, advancement opportunities almost non existent. I was asked to fill in as a store manager for months with no extra pay or benefits and never received an interview when store manager job was posted.

Pros

Get to help nice people in small store setting and develop relationships with the regulars from town

Cons

Bad hours, unappreciative district managers

Good people, clean environment, low pay.

They do expect alot out of you, it takes a long time to actually learn everything to be great. Pay is a little low. Usually great people to work with.

Not for everyone

I’ve been working here for over a year and some managers are better than others. There’s definitely favoritism. It’s hot in the summer and you are moving a lot. If you enjoy a good workout then I would suggest. Coworkers are cool but just like the managers, some are better then others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rite Aid.
Powered byComparably