Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Fun, but demanding workplace
Cashier Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
It is a great place to work if your a student or have a busy schedule, managers are great about working with your schedule. The start pay is minimum wage but if you stay long enough you get automatic raises because of the union, or you can work for a promotion, management is always looking for responsible shift supervisors
Pros
20% discount with employee number
Cons
Union fee's
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
Good job, store close purchased by Walgreens. Rite Aid stores will remain open on the west coast. They try hard to help each associate whenever possible.
Pros
great people
Cons
store closed
Bad company which is why its stock is just a dollar, going to bankruptsy
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 18, 2018
Easily the worst place for me to have been employed, I regret all of my time there. It discriminates people based on color and disability status and the company sucks
Pros
close proximity to home
Cons
Racist, gangesterish place, abusive environment
Rite aid phsrmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 18, 2018
Rite aid was my 1st job, I worked at a store that was closed down and they found me and the rest of my former co workers positions at other locations.
Terrible place to work in, everyone wants to be a manager and there is no respect for availability!
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2018
More than enough I had to bring my kid to work because the next employee would be 2 hours late. Management was weak and there was no consideration for availability change. I worked night shift and there would be no security so we were constantly threatened by shoplifters. Even the managers hated working here and the store would be in horrible conditions EXCEPT when there was a visit. Whenever we had one of these famous visits they would double our responsibilities and get angry when we wouldn't be able to finish. Hope this place fires all the management and gets the change it needs.
Pros
barely any
Cons
having to act as security, forced overtime, they hire ANYBODY to be a supervisor, customers are very rude.
Jackson in Ann Arbor is So -so
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson Rd Ann ArborOctober 17, 2018
It's fine if you are just starting but so so otherwise. Store manager was ok. The assistant was an irritating little troll that wanted to do everything himself which made my job difficult. Pay is low and benefits for cashiers non-existant. Ok for a patch job but would not work there as a career ever.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
Assistant manager
DMA Position
District Manager's Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 17, 2018
The dma role was very stressful. You had all of the responsibility, but no management power. Every Monday you would complete payroll, and take care of scheduling on a daily basis for pharmacists.
Customer service skills
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCOctober 16, 2018
I learned how to speak to customers, help them with there needs. Also the ability to work and multitask with phone calls, cashier, stoking shelves and maintaing building in good looks.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2018
Place was filthy, always busy, little pay, management sucks... time management sucks, people tend to slack, they give u a $0.50 cent raise I think every year or so. They’re really bad.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Everything else
A little stressful but so much fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 16, 2018
When I first started to work for rite aid, I was super shy and had to break out of my shell and that exactly what I did. If it wasn't for the manager that I had at the time to help push me and go the extra mile I wouldn't be where I am today. I thank my work experience at rite aid for if it wasn't for me getting that job it would be a lot harder for me to find other jobs down the road.
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2018
I really liked working here as a tech it was one of my first jobs to have and they believed in me and I loved the environment that I was in they were dry helpful
Decent workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2018
There was never really any issue at the workplace. Everyone just wants the work done. Coworkers always have drama to talk about in the workplace. Lots of gossip.
this was my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2018
this was my first job i was in high school at the time so it was a great way to make money as a young teen just getting to jump start his retail career
Management changes frequently, nothing is really organized
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delmar, DEOctober 15, 2018
It's really one of those "It depends on the boss" things. Some are good to work with, others are lazy. Overall it was fine, but it just wears on you after awhile.
Pros
Employee discount is 20%
Provides a nice environment to start
Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
I started at Rite Aid as a fresh out of school tech. I went from full time with little hours to 40 hours a week. It's a job that requires a good listener and some times thick skin.
Picker/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 15, 2018
Working at Rite Aid was a pleasure. Nice Managers and Supervisors and great security workers. I absolutely LOVED the cafeteria, GOOD breakfast and Lunch to start and get you through your day.
It was an awesome work environment management sucked
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 15, 2018
Overall I can't complain about rite aid it was an great work experience gained more experience on the forklifts and cherry picking machines but the biweekly pay sucked
Fun and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2018
A good place to work as long as the staff was stress free if not you had to do the work that others were suppose to do, this made things stressful for you.
Pros
Able to take breaks when needed
Cons
Very short breaks
okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 15, 2018
it was okay and the people and staff for fast and friendly ... it really was not a chance to move up in the company for me but I really was not given that option either
Fun loving place to work
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Erial, NJOctober 14, 2018
although the pay isn't great, the environment given there is fun and entertaining. I enjoyed getting up and going to work there. They are very understanding with family complications and schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.7K
32.4K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rite Aid.