Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 9,988 reviews matching the search See all 10,011 reviews
Very fast work pace and work productivity needed to stay
Stocker, Picker, and Palettizer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 16, 2019
I had 3 roles at Rite Aid Distribution Center. The first was picking products in detail for orders and filling up Totes/Crates. The 2nd role was stocking the other shelves for the pickers with the right product. 3rd was building skids with the totes and boxes. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with a productivity level making almost zero errors for orders for each days quota. I stayed because it was good benefits and good pay. I left to go to GA. If not for that I would of stayed there for more work.
Pros
Fast paced work, Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Must be fast for productivity but not lose quality
A chain pharmacy
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 16, 2019
The stores in the Northeast are being rolled into the Walgreen's system and are then usually closed. Sadly, competition for consumers and opportunities for pharmacists and technicians will be extremely diminished.
Pros
Great customer interaction
Cons
Stores are closing!
Fun workplace great coworkers bad pay
Pharmacy technician, front end cashier (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJune 16, 2019
Not good pay is the only complaint. Great employees great management. Fun work environment. Good teamwork. Busy enough to make the day go by fast. Easy quick to learn.
First job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coney islandJune 16, 2019
This was my first job and I had a great learning experience with this company it help me with my customer service skills and cashier skills and I am will to go back as long as I get to the supervisor stage or more.
Pros
Pros
Discount
Cons
Favoritism
Love my Manager, Hate corporate
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJune 16, 2019
There is no opportunity for advancement, and I definitely don’t get paid enough. My pharmacy manager is very accommodating however and nice. Corporate doesn’t care about Technicians and only cares about numbers. How many vaccines you can give that’s it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Almost no overtime, only care about numbers not patients
Certified Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 15, 2019
Manager is nice, treated like family! Customers are awesome! The atmosphere was always great no bad days. The job could be stressful but it was nothing that couldn’t be handled
Rite aid
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2019
Good working for them for some years good experience for me back thenand would recommend it to someone in need of a job and the pay was okay and hours as well
very professional but friendly to all
Shift manger (Current Employee) –  Pineville, WVJune 14, 2019
a typical day at rite aid is to go to work after you clock in you start your day, greeting customers and helping them find what they need. Talking to your co-workers to find out what needs done to be ready for customers and keeping the store a safe and friendly place to shop. i have learned how to get ready for customers and how to keep the fineance in line and make sure everything is accounted for, from the inventory to the money. i day the hardest part of the job is trying to keep sales up in a small town so many people have been laid off and some shop in the bigger citys. and the most enjoyable part of my job is the customers helping them get through there day and some just want to talk to someone because they have no one at home. you have to wear a smile even though you are having a bad day because someone is having a harder day and needs your smile to get through.
Family like environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PAJune 14, 2019
I learned how to collaborate with others as well as how to be self sufficient on my own. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in the lives of my patients.
Rite aid company does not appreciate employees at all
Sells (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 14, 2019
I got tired of working there because they dont treat their employees well nor do they give us good benefit, the union has to literally fight for any type of benifits
Management makes the company
Loss Prevention Lead (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 14, 2019
Excellent Management made the stores in Northern Bay Area a dream to work for. Very laid back culture and no stress for Loss Prevention.

Managers knew when to ask exacting questions and when to look the other way on "iffy" situations.
Pros
Very Relaxed slow paced atomsphere
Cons
No real advancement opportunities
Better balance between family time
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 14, 2019
When I worked at rite aid I would work every weekend and holidays. There was no rotation. My children were a lot younger and it made it extremely difficult.
Extremely alot of gossip, drama, lack of interes, foul language by employees and members of management, lack of communication. Team work very limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJune 14, 2019
Rite Aid needs to be more considerate towards its loyal and hard working integral employees and stop transferring/hiring nonproductive problem causing employees to productive stores.. This Company's values have changed drastically, it is appalling. A lot of horseplay with minimal work performance and the tasks they don't complete get pawned onto others and the ones taking up the tasks with their own to do tasks are the ones being disciplined. The romancing between coworkers (unbelievabley unprofessional) and against company policy, people have been termed because of these individuals. Employee feedback Surveys are conducted by corporate to better the company's employees experience in the store. Of which unfortunately you can't get the proper experience when working with poor management... Why even bother with these surveys when they are not going to be followed through.
Fast paced.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
I wasn't properly trained. I did overnight whenthe delivery truck had came in so I guesshey didn't have time to properly train me. I feel that I should have been through training during the day for a few days before I started working overnight.
Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 13, 2019
Great job for college students. Very flexible with schedules and needed days off. Very fair salary and coworkers. Low-stress and enjoyable environment.
Bottom line or bust
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 13, 2019
Being a pharmacist and having bosses that are not is insulting. They are jealous of your salary and have no idea what a pharmacy should do for its patients. When they are out to get you they manufacture issues which are lies. Which is why they will be bankrupt by the end of the year
good first job for teens, do not stay here
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2019
The atmosphere relies heavily on management and the store you work in. The pay is terrible especially compared to other pharmacies. Work is usually relaxed but can get hectic and stressful. Unorganized and good workers are not given any appreciation for their work.
Nice staff
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 13, 2019
Rite aid worked with my school schedule which was awesome and the people I worked with were very nice. Everyone always greeted me with a smile and was extremely understanding.
Never again
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2019
didn’t enjoy it at all I just really needed a steady job . Prolly would never go back the area I worked in was also horrible under the management I had
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not worth it
Rite Aid review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 12, 2019
I like my job at Rite Aid but when I was promoted to Assistant Manager I was transferred to the Newtown Square,PA Rite Aid. The manager there is very unappreciative of all employees. All he is concerned about is business and making money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
42.9K
32.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rite Aid.

Powered by Comparably