Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Fast paced ,fun place to work
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Overall a great place to work for people who are motivated and ambitious. I would recommend Rite Aid to anyone looking to improve themselves professionally
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
too much manager turnover
i was a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYApril 18, 2018
the long work hours was due to being a manager and for the most part the staff was young collage students... 2 senor personnel which i could count on but it could get hard to keep a staff on hand which would leave me to cover the hours if need be...at the time a new supervisor was changing the culture so hopefully things have changed
Pros
most of the people are great workers ....
Cons
work and quailty of life can be comprimised
Good place to work at for starters.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 17, 2018
This place was my first job. I enjoyed working here because it was near my house. I enjoyed the environment and flexibility. The hardest part of the job was the increase in customers over the weekend.
It all comes down to the location
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Saugerties, NYApril 17, 2018
If you have a good manager and are in a good area this job can be very relaxing and easy for the pay you get. It is not constantly busy unless you are in Pharmacy so it can be pretty slow paced which is good and bad. It's less work over all, but time goes by very slowly. Generally they get good people to work for them so your co-workers can be pretty awesome.
Pros
breaks, decent shifts, environment
Cons
hours, boredom
Fun place to work, great customer base.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAApril 17, 2018
Rite Aid afforded myself and family with great benefits including 401k and health insurance. I very much enjoyed working with our customers and the great coworkers at this store. I did not enjoying opening the store by myself and spending countless hours trying to help customers andaccomplish my job duties alone. I do not believe this provides for a very safe environment.
Pros
working alone
Cons
Providing great customer service to the customers
An enjoyable time amongst coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAApril 17, 2018
I love working for rite aid. Every job has its minor annoyances, however, it also has memorable moments and it has taught me many skill and has taught me how to appreciate the little things.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Hours required to receive benefits
Fun, laid-back but still highly efficient place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 16, 2018
A typical day at Rite Aid is generally quiet. There are daily tasks that help enable the store to run smoothly day to day. The clientele are generally pleasant and personable.
it was productive and enjoyable to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 16, 2018
i enjoyed working at warehouse. even though it was in fast speed it was fun because there used to be goal to reach up to that is why it was in fast pace.
Pros
there were lockers and free space
Cons
break not paid
Great Management
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIApril 16, 2018
Everyone helped everyone, We did ALL and enjoyed working together. Was a GREAT place to work at. Loved having regular customers coming in and making our day also.
Great Place to Work Until Impending Sale
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Recent corporate changes drastically affected job experience. Work hours were reduced while responsibilities stayed constant. Overall a good place to work before sale of company.
good team members
Director of Real Estate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Very intense real estate committee. Sites were selected and reviewed by supervisors prior to letter of intent negotiations. Deals were then presented to the real estate committee for approval
Rude customers and mean managers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Managers was very mean and did not help they employees out when they have a situation with a customer who wasn't so nice. Customers will curse you out call the manager and you will get in trouble and you was nothing but nice to the customer. They will give the customers a gift card and tell them I'm sorry about that.
Pros
Love my co workers we will always be there for each other
Cons
Managers don't help out ther employees
Fun place to work
Cashier / Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, NYApril 16, 2018
The people are nice and fun and want to help with everything. Willing to go above and beyond to help customers needs. Allowed me to be a self reliant person in my job duties and over achived in it.
constant struggle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 15, 2018
Workers often complain of sicknesses like runny noses and eyes as well as coughing and sneezing. When asked of rite aid to clean the carpets in the pharmacy and clean the ventilation systems since they were never cleaned since the building was built, rite aid felt that it was an unnecessary procedure due to its expense. The health of rite aid employees was not a concern.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
either this or unemployed
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  56th and chestnutApril 15, 2018
rite aid cares for their worker, the only issue is they need more cashiers during a shift. a lot of customers complain about that. managers are respectful and nice to work with.
My Job Goals
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJApril 15, 2018
I like working with a Team and I pride my self as always being on time working to make sure that the Customer feels satisfied that they shopped there while having a positive attitude even though they may not be feeling well themselves also keeping their Privacy at First and Foremost My goal is expand on my Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Insurance Billing
Pros
Nice People to work with
not worth it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2018
the managers are rude and talk about you behind your back. they use your personal information as references on how bad someone else is doing with their work and if anything goes wrong the pharmacist will automatically blame as an excuse on why things aren't done properly
Great people not the best company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAApril 14, 2018
As a float pharmacist I met many employees who were amazing and many did their job well. Overall Rite Aid just seemed disorganized and the job got stressful due to lack of help in the pharmacy and not a good work flow.
Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 14, 2018
During my time there, I found it to be a decent job, with decent pay. There are issues in the pharmacy that needs to be worked out, otherwise it's a great store to be in. The sales associates and general manager seem to be great at what they do.
good workplace
SHIFT SUPERVISOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHApril 14, 2018
I enjoy my job but I don't feel I am making the amount of money I could be making. I don't feel I have any more room for advancement.
I have been with this same store for 20 years and they are like family to me but like I said earlier I don't feel like I have any more room for advancement unless I go back to college which I don't feel like I have time for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K

2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight