Rite Rug

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Not much work/life balance, can make good commision

Commission based, you get a draw against your commissions, but if you have a slow few weeks/month you go negative against future commissions. You work your regular 45-60 hours in store and are expected to meassure customer homes to build out the quote for material and labor, and also create a blueprint for each one for the installers; which you are expected to do the measurements on your off hours, not when your scheduled to cover the store floor. If your a strong closer and dont discount the sale you can make good commission, but you work for it and have to be comfortable doing measurements, drawing to scale and doing so in customers homes (clean and disgusting ones) and doing so over and around whatever is in their homes etc and working A LOT of hours. You drive all over doing measurements for job estimates and quotes and are not reimbursed anything for gas or wear on your personal vehicle. A lot of the sales people are really cut throat.

Pros

not much, potential commissions on large sales

Cons

hours, estimates on "off hours" driving all over in personal vehicle and gas no reimbursement, very little training thrown in to sink or swim

Terrible and toxic work environment backstabbing

Terrible sense of you may be let go at anytime. No training. The changes in management is often. The coldness from corporate is unreal. The passing of the buck whenever there’s a problem.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Management that is never there. No training and liars

A complete joke!

I was really excited to get this job, but after one month of being there, I started to notice how many people would come and go, it was unbelievable, but I totally get it now.Fast forward, Managment is the number one cause of problems, they will fire you behind your back, they don’t listen to any of the warehouse staff.I meant some very cool people while working there, but, they also are just staying there while looking for new jobs. Too many other jobs out there to have to deal with Train wrecks.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Management, Pay, expensive Benefits

Good job for former installers

Field managers a good position for installers looking to retire the knee pads. Upper management in my experience has been very supportive and helpful.Training for the job was top notch.

Pros

Room for growth

Cons

It’s work lol

Productive, Fun, Caring, Trust Worthy

Productive place to work, easy 7 - 4:30, 1 shift, 2 15 minutes breaks, 1 hour lunch break, free lunch sometimes, free game tickets. Apply, pretty sure you’ll enjoy working here.

Don’t do it

By all means be aware and stay far away from this company you have a great employees but management is not worth anything I made plenty of pleasant people that work for rite rug And I work with a couple of people in the warehouse so much change throughout my time being there it was like I did not know my job position or title I just know I had a job new manager came in for some apparent reason did not like me fired me!! But in South Carolina you don’t have to have a reason to fire a individual be very aware of who you deal with at this company one bad apple spoils the bunch

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

A good place to avoid working at

Was mislead by management as to my roll, my compensation, my territory and my hours. Was told out of pocket expenses were reimbursable but were in fact not. Was paid what equated to minimum wage and hadTo spend my own money to put on presentations. Direct manager was very lazy. Instead of stepping up his sales efforts, when corporate questioned what he was doing he blamed the low sales on his “team”. This was of course done in a secrete phone call to corporate. Over all, a poorly run company with poorly trained managers.

Pros

Never found any

Cons

Very poorly managed. Every man for themselves feel to it

Learned a lot great place

Nice management gave a lot of grace and chances to many employees. Room for advancement. Very diverse work place. People work together as a team. Very nice place to work

Pros

Culture. Responsibility

Cons

pay as little as possible to overload you with work

title says it all....they ask more and more of you but refuse to give you a livable wage. The job itself wasn't hard, probably best for someone that is in college or isn't looking to live off of the wages

One of the best bosses I ever had

Very laid back, yet professional. As long as work got done, no stress. A little disjointed at times, but not as a result of the warehouse manager. Provided training was also excellent.

A nightmare of a disjointed company

Absolutely a terrible, toxic environment to work in. This "outside sales/mobile showroom" was a joke at best, Was required to spend two days in the showroom with about two walk-ins per day on average and then have the nerve to complain that sales were down.virtually impossible to make a living with this company. Avoid if any way possible..

Pros

absolutely nothing

Cons

The entire operation

Too nuch turnover

The management is constantly changing, so the process of how the office runs depends on who is in charge. There were almost weekly changes to basic skills and it caused lots of confusion between the office and the field.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Not enough communication

Pathetic

Management is awful. Their corporate office is just equally awful. Awful attitudes & people. Tip to the management would be to weed out the bad seed of the office and listen and care about your employees. Make a standard structure to follow. Provide training. Get the rude, disrespectful, uneducated, and unprofessional employees out. This company only looks out for themselves and themselves only. They have awful benefits as well. You can very much be fired for unlawful reasons but on paperwork for legal reasons it stated you were fired for a different reason. For example you can be fired for being pregnant and being close to going on maternity leave and they will fire you for a different reason. They will then in return hire someone immediately for your job and interview people secretly even while you still work there.

Pros

Staying Busy, Always Something to do

Cons

Awful pay for the stress, rude employees, awful benefits, greedy company, no training at all

I enjoyed the builders that I dealt with and my field guys

There is one person there that sucks the air out of the building and no one seems to really care about that, not the main manager and certainly not HR. As long as she is there, that place will more than likely be a revolving door of not very well trained employees. 5 REALLY good employees, that knew what they were doing, have all quit. All of those people worked on the builder side of the company, and all mainly quit because of one person. If that doesn’t speak volumes, I’m not sure what does. But, no one there seems to care about that. She talks about people behind their backs and if she has to talk to you about something that you did or didn’t do, she tells other people about the conversation she had with you even if it was a closed door conversation which I thought was supposed to be confidential. Why bother closing the door for a conversation if you are just going to tell everyone?

Pros

Great hours

Cons

The office manager

Poorly Managed! Your just A Body !!

Toxic ! You will Not get proper training and No One Cares! Unprofessional ran company with High turnover! Good Luck Human Resource Night Mare Property Management department lacks professionalism, integrity and support.

Pros

Cons

Poorly Managed

Don’t work here. Unsafe and unprofessional

Unorganized, no room for advancement, not safe, terrible “teamwork” or work initiative. I basically stayed here because it paid the bills and my current boss was cool. Lots of blaming of others when it comes to certain people. I was there for a year, asked for better pay multiple times. And after being laid off and seeing the ad on indeed for Rite Rug, they increased the rate of pay of the same position by $2.50 on the hour. 12$ to 14.50$. Also we were understaffed so I did most of the work.

Pros

Some cool people

Cons

Everything else. Unsafe work conditions, unprofessional. Lots of blaming others.

Beware - be smart

No form of real upper management, will go on to make out like you’re killing it at your job, be friend you, to just FIRE you without notice nor warning. Will give you 1/2 yrs to service and grow your territory where the market manager doesn’t know the difference between a screw and nut - no joke!! DO NOT sign non compete - they will come to you after hiring date demanding you to sign a year non compete!

Pros

Life/Work balance

Cons

Pay, Upper management, No advancement path, low stability

Nepotism and Chump Change

Job positions are retained for 1 person and a huge wave of nepotism behind that. So there’s literally no room to advance and the $ on the yard is absolutely the bare minimum. Work for someone else because this company is not the way.

Pros

Cons

Advancement, Fair pay, Job distribution

Awful

This is an awful place to work at. Two-faced people and everyone throwing each other under the bus. Someone else is always to blame and management, especially in builder, is full of jerks. Get ready to kiss butt if you want to keep your job, otherwise don't bother getting comfortable. The training, if you can even call it that, is a joke. Don't expect the manager to stick up for you, she'll just tell you everything you're doing wrong and not help.

Pros

Cons

not enough hours in the day to do all they want you too do.

Great Company.

This Company is Great. They are growing! As a new Branch you are often asked to wear multiple hats. Our Team is very good company and a very good place to work imo

Pros

Work life balance. Stability.

Cons

None. Great Company.

All in all a decent job

Easy cash Job wasn't hard, kinda tiring and can get stressful but a good place to work Management is pretty chill, they will listen to your problems Willing to work with you on problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Rug. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

InHerSight Score
1.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Rite Rug
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?