Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital Employee Reviews

work for experience only!
mha (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 27, 2018
The staff that works at Rivendell are not in tune with caring for patients. They lack setting a foundation or boundaries thus many patients return. Management is more concerned with the dollar than the care. Gossip is at all time high and management joins in instead of ending it. The hospital would be great if staff were lead by example instead of left to figure things out.
Pros
work with schedules and family emergices
Cons
no foundation, dont follow rules, bad managment
Patients do not matter
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 18, 2018
The purpose of a facility like this is to provide EBT to our patients as well as life skills to allow them to transition back into the social life of the real world. Unfortunately that is not the case, patients are circulated through the system only to return as to keep funds returning to the institution.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
unappreciative CEO, long hours, lack of equality
extremely fast paced
Staff Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Benton, AR 72019February 6, 2019
One stays busy with back to back patient load, pharmacist extremely beneficial and easily accessible. Variety of patients with all ages which makes work interesting.
A means to an end
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 17, 2018
The only thing that’s good about this place is the health insurance. Especially for one who has a significant other. If you’re a single parent it’s not worth it because after taxes and paying for your insurance your check will be nothing. The pay starts out at 9.00 but if you have a degree it’s 1.00 extra and if you’re a cna it’s 1.00 and if you work 2nd shift or thirds you get 1.00 extra. So you can make from 9.00 to 13.00 dollars still not enough tho. The turn over rate is a mile a minute always new faces and nobody stays beyond a year unless you get paid 15.00 or higher working as a mha (good luck with that!) all in all I give this place ⭐️⭐️ It’s a good place to work for to get experience in psyche and to look good on your resume other than that it’s just a low paying, low level, dead end job. Hope this review helped
Pros
Insurance/overtime/paid holidays
Cons
Very stressful
Great Mental Health Experience
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 20, 2016
This job provides a good opportunity to gain insight of the mental health population. For me, this was a good experience because my ideal goal is to work in a mental health hospital as a social work therapist. This hospital has 6 different units to meet various needs of clients and allows employees the opportunity to work with various populations. There is monthly SCM training which requires physical endurance, and a lot of safety training to abide by during interactions with patients. This can be a difficult job, as not all patients want to be in the hospital, and therefore being aware of one's surroundings is crucial. There is also a lot of paperwork involved. Good benefits overall.
A staff that is dedicated to the care of it's patients
Inpatient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 20, 2015
A great place to work to help others in need in the mental field.
Staff cares about the work/life balance.
Compensation and benefits are very good.
A lot of on the job learning.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Not a lot of potentional to move up.
Amazing Experience
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 26, 2018
This establishment taught me what compassion for your patients and staff members truly looks like. This place allowed me to grow as both a professional and as an individual.
Fun place to work
Resident Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 5, 2017
I would monitor patients there and I had a fun time building rapport with them. I did this by playing sports with them and leading group therapy. I learned how to lead group therapy and how to properly monitor patients. The hardest part of the job was getting along with the management on ideas that were ethical. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a difference in the teens' lives.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
management inconsistencies
Fun workplace which teaches you to think and learn quickly and adapt to many situations
Teach or assist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 31, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day because every day is different and every day you have a different situation to adapt to. I have learned to observe without necessarily reacting with emotions but to balance it the situation logically as well. You will learn somethig new every single day. As a summary of what i have learned, I have learned to be prepared, calm, positive, and a quick resolver in almost any high risk situation. Management is a toss up. Some you will never see and some will be your biggest supporters. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what to expect. Therefor, you have to be prepared ahead of time for any and all situations. you have to see the situatio as a possibility before it happens. The most enjoyable part of the job is the effect you can have on someone. Not every time but occaisionally you make a difference to someone, it is beautiful.
Pros
Impacts you have on residents, working with a variety of people from general psych adolescents to geriatrics.
Cons
Limited breaks, short staffing, limited chance to advance
Management Is horrible
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 12, 2015
Management makes you hate the job. Supervisors like an episode of mean girls sit and gossip. Working with the kids are great. New Ceo attempts to micro-manage. Easy to make money due to shortage of staff but would not recommend this place to anyone due to lack of job security and atmosphere of working
Caring patient focused environment
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 11, 2017
Energized facility with patient focus the basis for all budgetary decisions. Excellent place for professionals to gain experience in their careers. Leadership team is hands on and very supportive.
Pros
Patient Focused
Cons
High turnover due to advancement opportunities for clinical staff
Na
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 30, 2017
I would not someone to work there. I worked in there Day Treatment program. I was a dangerous and unstable work environment. It was a strong possibility staff was going to get hurt or the kids were going to get hurt.
Mediocre work environment with little to no sense of support.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green,KYMarch 1, 2015
Working at Rivendell is truly a challenge, as you would expect that the patients would be the most trying aspect of the job. That is not so. They are indeed, a difficult part of your job, but dealing with management and HR is much more taxing. The culture is one of paranoia and suspicion, and everyone always feels on the brink of being fired. You are expected to follow an improbable set of rules that are constantly changing, usually in a late, catch-up response to problems created by understaffing and management's inability to understand the actual crux of issues on the floor. You are typically expected to be self-reliant, but at the same time run everything by the charge nurse, most of whom spend the majority of their day in the office, catching up on the mountains of paperwork they have to do, making them effectively useless to the unit and also unable to be hands-on with the patients. Overall, it is a very stressful place to work, and I was honestly only happy to be removed from my position, I never felt like any of my bosses had my back there and while I expected and dreaded the termination for some time, when it actually happened, all I could feel was relief.
Pros
interesting day-to-day environment, opportunity to learn a lot about psychology and DBT, other MHAs are typically good people to know
Cons
low pay, MHAs are easily replaceable and that fact is always implied, rules constantly changing at MHAs expense, floor workers are only consulted in theory about upcoming changes, management quickly forgets what working on the floor is like, this mentality is encouraged
A fun productive work environment
Rivendell Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2015
I won consider Rivendell to be a fun productive work environment, because everyone strives together to meet the needs of the client. Rivendell has taught me the fundamental skills of working as a therapist for the hospital. Through great supervision I have grown to become a more competent social worker.
The hardest part of the job is hearing some of the stories the clients tell in private and group session.
The best part is that a staff member can really make a difference to the clients life.
Pros
best lunches, great friends, and rewarding work
Cons
sad stories from clients
Intense and hard work
Intake Clinician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 18, 2015
Overall a good place to start your career. A lot of changes in management. Difficult patients and wasn't always supported by upper management.
Wouldn't recommend
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 14, 2017
Horrible management team that only cares about making more money. They are completely unconcerned with the well-being of both the patients and the employees.
ok
Full-Time and Internship (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 14, 2017
working with the kids is the best thing. it can be challenging at times but the job offers you a chance to look at yourself and what you can handle in your life.
It was great until management change
mental health associate (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 14, 2016
I had so much fun working for this company. They had good ethics and morals, until their management changed. The new management treated a certain group of people very differently. They didn't care about their patients well-being, only making money. I would never go back there.
Fast pace alot of bosses alot of back stabbing
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green KySeptember 24, 2015
high stress job no advancement opportunities,If you don't fit into the right click you will be shund there is much that maintenance does that is more of custodial duties not maintenance no support from immidiate supervisor
Productive and growing place to work.
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 15, 2012
The MHA's and nurses worked together to ensure the health and safety for each child and adult was met.
Pros
career growth
Cons
no free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital Reviews by Location