Rivendell Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas

Rivendell Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Continual patient interaction
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE/CADA (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 13, 2018
A semi-structured environment that has more upper management, with regulations and directives than floor staff necessary for patient safety and needs.
fullfilling place to work
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work could be stressful but extremely rewarding to see patients cope trauma, and see their transformation with positive intervention.
Pros
good co-workers, free meal, good paid time off
Cons
not high salary for the stress filled requirements
Unit Clerk, Mental Health Associate II (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 7, 2017
It was a stressful place due to the environment and the cliental that were seen in the facility. Management was basically easy to deal with and the co-workers were great. Enjoyed working with at risk youth but it was a wearing thing as well.
Night Shift
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work if the mental health field is something you enjoy. Walking the halls every 15 minutes can get to you but making sure each patient is safe is the job.
Very fast-paced work environmet
Registered Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 6, 2017
Milieu management can be very stressful working with psychiatric patients. Time-management is very vital. Knowledge of medical and comorbid diseases along with mental illness is key when dealing with the psychiatric population.
Providing service to patients.
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day consisted of 15 minute checks and facilitating groups. Management was good. There was not room for growth for me there. I got along with my co-workers.
Work with children was rewarding
Case Management Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 2, 2015
Senior staff was petty and immature. Work was challenging and rewarding. The job was perfect.Relationships with the children was challenging but exactly the type of experience I was looking for.
Pros
Type of work and location
Cons
Staff
The best place to work!
Mental Health Associate II (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 21, 2014
You can not find a better place to work. Management is awesome they really care about their employees and patients!!!
Great since UHS took over
School Based Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fordyce, ARJuly 26, 2014
I drove almost 2 hours to work and enjoyed every minute I was there. I still keep in touch with the people I work with in the schools. The UHS takeover was new then and it has grown even more. The wide range of services offered seems to be so good for the consumers and I often refer to the inpatient units. The pay and benefits seemed to prevent burn out as well. The drive was just too much for me as a single parent. Otherwise, I loved this agency.
Pros
The people
Cons
Management was somewhat out of touch
Community Driven
Assessment and Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 20, 2013
This particular UHS owned facility is extremely community driven and strives to offer services best suited to our direct community needs. Including low functioning services, IOP for adult chemical dependency, and services for the aging.

Management gets to know the employees and have open door policies from the lowest level to the CEO. All levels appear to be genuinely invested in the employee.
Challenging work
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 12, 2012
Typical day at work includes providing care for patients ranging in age from 4-17 years old. Some days are more challenging than others. I have learned how to handle myself in high stress situations and learned how to de-escalate and communicate effectively with kids and adolescents. The hardest part of this job is seeing and learning what some children have to struggle with in their daily lives. The most enjoyable part of this job is watching children grow and learn how to more effectively and positively cope with their daily hardships.
Pros
helping children
Cons
short staffing, short breaks
Repititious daily activities
Case Manager-MHPP (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2012
I would commute to various schools in all districts, of central Arkansas, providing counseling and mentoring to school aged children. I would discuss their classes, peers, and home updates.
Pros
i enjoyed being a mentor to the kids i served.
Cons
i had to drive my own vehicle in the field.it was a lot of wear and tear on my car.
Rivendell provides great benefits and finds it important to build relationships with coworkers.
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KyMarch 20, 2012
Rivendell encourages team outings and time away from the unit to build relationships with coworkers. Rivendell also works hard to make sure everyone receives breaks. They offer training monthly to cover safe crisis management and Dialetical behavioral therapy.
Pros
free lunches, possibility for advancement
Cons
high acuity, job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rivendell Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.

Rivendell Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas Reviews by Location